Odd Patents

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
I am obsessed with weird inventions; the stranger and more useless, the better. Post any strange/useless/ridiculous patent ideas you can find.

Here's a few:

The Bird Diaper

A bird diaper for an uncaged pet bird to wear, featuring an enclosed pouch for receiving and containing excrement, and apertures to accommodate both the wings and the tail of the bird. Elastic straps and hook and loop fastener components (e.g., VELCRO) secure the diaper onto the body of the pet bird without restricting movement. The bird diaper is fabricated from spandex (e.g., LYCRA) or another stretchable, lightweight material, allowing absorption of bird excrement to prevent leaks and facilitating easy cleaning using soap and water. The bird diaper can incorporate decorative designs, bright colors and is available in different sizes. The bird diaper also has a leash which is insertable within the hook and loop fasteners. The leash serves to restrain or limit the bird's area of free flight.
http://www.delphion.com/details?pn=US05934226__

The Beerbrella

The present invention provides a small umbrella ("Beerbrella") which may be removably attached to a beverage container in order to shade the beverage container from the direct rays of the sun. The apparatus comprises a small umbrella approximately five to seven inches in diameter, although other appropriate sizes may be used within the spirit and scope of the present invention. Suitable advertising and/or logos may be applied to the umbrella surface for promotional purposes. The umbrella may be attached to the beverage container by any one of a number of means, including clip, strap, cup, foam insulator, or as a coaster or the like. The umbrella shaft may be provided with a pivot to allow the umbrella to be suitably angled to shield the sun or for aesthetic purposes. In one embodiment, a pivot joint and counterweight may be provided to allow the umbrella to pivot out of the way when the user drinks from the container.
http://www.ipwatchdog.com/op_beerbrella.html

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Bird diapers?? If someone could get that on thousands of pigeons/seagulls they'd make a mint.

My father has a patent for a floating dock system. It seemed pretty generic to me. (Yeah.. I got nuthin)

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
http://www.uspto.gov/

"The Cat Magnet," a television spot produced by the USPTO has won the New York Advertising Week Dove award at the Advertising Community Together (ACT) Responsible Exhibition held at the Time and Life Building. The public service announcement is part of a collaboration between the USPTO, the National Inventors Hall of Fame Foundation and the Advertising Council that seeks to inspire young people to invent and to protect their inventions. The campaign’s radio, television and print ads were created by the Publicis and Hal Riney Advertising Agency.

The “Cat Magnet” was one of 200 finalists for the award from 33 countries. The print version of the ad finished second in its category. The ACT competition honors advertising that addresses important social and environmental issues.

>> View this video and more - http://www.uspto.gov/video/index.htm

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Using your iPod to whiten your teeth:

a. Conveniently whitens your teeth & freshens your breath
b. Releases a fresh vanilla mint flavor that last for up to 1 hr.
c. Completely dissolves leaving no messy residue & no plastic film to discard.
d. One size fits all, will accommodate both upper & lower teeth.
e. No pain or discomfort to teeth & gums.
f. Has 5% whitening hydrogen peroxide.
g. Cost effective and easy to use.
A custom cable with ear phones and tray jack works with all digital music players. You can even turn up the music to your teeth and turn down the music to your ears during treatments. The louder the music to your teeth, the more whitening energy you provide to the hydrogen peroxide in your whitening strip to go deep into the stained teeth.

No mess, easy to use and you can do it anywhere. It whitens your teeth, freshens your breath and dissolves in your mouth.
http://www.rockmyteeth.com/

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
now that's just sick.

I'll just chew on my yepp instead... silly goose

Balogny Tits

It's not that were better, were just less worse
May 26, 2005
Canada

Apparatus for Facilitating the Birth of a Child by Centrifugal Force

Patent no.3,216,423

Issued: November 9, 1965

Inventors: George and Charlotte Blonsky, New York, NY

A centrifugal delivery table. The expectant mother is strapped down to the table, which is then spun to use centrifugal force to encourage the baby to emerge.

Where does the obstetrician sit? And what does he use to get the baby - a catcher's mitt? Talk about pre-natal influence...

Balogny Tits

May 26, 2005
Canada
What about the lap dance liner???

Balogny Tits

May 26, 2005
Canada

Rimming Chair! Lil' Jimmy would love this!

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
The Doberman Credit Card Reminder - Great for alcoholics!!

It has 4 simple buttons that are used to set a timer for 1-4 hours. When the clock runs out an audible alarm and blinking LED will go off, reminding you to reclaim your card. While the Doberman is attached, the card can still be swiped but it looks to me like it would be pretty easy to remove, and really not that secure at all.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KDWDZC/?tag=wackbagcom-20

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ

A TOOTHBRUSH CAN REDIRECT WATER FROM A FAUCET TO YOUR LIPS FOR EASY RINSING.

BRUSHING AND RINSING IS AN ORAL CARE ROUTINE THAT WE ALL

PERFORM AT LEAST ONCE EVERYDAY. AT THIS POINT, NO ONE SHOULD BE USING DISPOSABLE CUPS FOR RINSING AFTER BRUSHING. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO WASH A GLASS OR CUP EVERYTIME THEY RINSE. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO LAP WATER FROM THEIR HAND. NO ONE SHOULD BE FORCED TO SLURP EXCESS WATER FROM TOOTHBRUSH BRISTLES. CURRENT METHODS OF GETTING WATER INTO OUR MOUTHS FOR RINSING AFTER BRUSHING ARE SLOPPY, CREATE WASTE, AND PLACE UNNECESSARY STRESS ON OUR BODIES. AND, PEOPLE LOVE WATER FOUNTAINS.

RETAIL PRICE $3.00
http://www.amronexperimental.com/BRUSH_AND_RINSE.html

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
oooooh really? Hmmm I pick the iPod whitener, as of now.

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Although it has its purpose, I don't think I'd get much use out of it. Perhaps another alcohol-related invention is in the works before my birthday.

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
This one looks a tad complex:

A light bulb changer method and apparatus that contains components that allows for instantly detecting a burned out light, automatically removing the burned out light, and automatically replacing the burned out light with a replacement bulb. The changer operates without human intervention, and can be assembled from a kit having a light fixture, detecting sensor, removing and replacement hardware. The kit can allow a consumer to assemble the changer for use as a novelty item, and/or also to be used as a working light fixture, such as a table lamp, and the like. The changer can also be used as a retrofit for existing light fixtures so that the existing light fixtures can be modified.

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
This one is pretty cool, although if it's raining aren't you already wet?

The concept couldn’t be simpler: a squirt gun mounted on the handle of an umbrella that self-recharges from collected rainwater. You can even use the umbrella as a shield to defend yourself against an attack whether it be from the Gods or some dude in a suit. It seems so simple, I’m surprised no one thought of it until now. Props to Alexy Woolley Design for coming up with the idea–with any luck the Umbrella Water Gun will make its way onto store shelves one day. Close up picture available after the break.
http://www.uberreview.com/2007/10/umbrella-water-gun-a-weapon-and-a-shield-all-in-one.htm

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Ok clearly I'm the only one into this shit. But this one fucking rules and nobody can say otherwise.

The eatmecrunchy cereal bowl was developed to have a unique shelf-design that keeps your cereal dry - meaning you'll never have soggy cereal again.

This shelf covers 70% of the base, holding the cereal above the milk; however it also has a section where the milk and cereal mix together. The shelf has a cliff that stops cereal getting underneath the shelf but allows the milk to flow freely.

Using the bowl is easy! Use it as a conventional cereal bowl, pouring your cereal and milk into bowl as you would normally do. Eat the cereal from the shelf-less section of the bowl where the cereal and milk mix - pushing the cereal in as required.
http://www.eatmecrunchy.com/ordering.html