office games...

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
many of us work in an office...but let me ask you...how many of you out there work in a place where they shut down business twice a year to have "clean-up days"....that is right...days where you come into work in jeans and just clean the crap out of your office...and a day where you come in just to do electronic file cleanup???

how about olympic games day? every year we shut down business for an afternoon and have a bbq on premise with olympic games that we create for our staff...this year myself and 2 coworkers have the fortune of taking over this ritual...sometimes i wonder how the real world operates cause i know it isnt like us...

My employer has nothing like that. We do however have a Wellness Day where they bring in massage therapists, nutritionists, yoga instructors, and the Red Cross so we can give blood on site. It's a pretty cool way to spend a workday.

fkornre

My employer has nothing like that. We do however have a Wellness Day where they bring in massage therapists, nutritionists, yoga instructors, and the Red Cross so we can give blood on site. It's a pretty cool way to spend a workday.
nice...we also have the massage thing when its national public health week and another day i forget...

we have a gym in house which is free with all types of aerobic, yoga, spin and pilates stuff...all free also...

by the way did i mention the free breakfast and lunch all day, healthy snacks at 3 and free beverages all day long...

Larger the company the less stuff like this you get. Although I will say that even though I work for a huge corp the office Im in really trys to keep morale up, beyond giving out company pens and dopey shit like that.

ginaf20697

At my office they like to keep morale up by taking away half vacation days and the internet.

ginaf20697

Heh. Right now we have our outlaw wireless router and half the office is bringing in laptops. MAN AIN'T KEEPING US DOWN! :D

dodisman

My company has a shite corporate culture...we do get free reign online and the company has nasty flex time...but the day to day internal culture is the worst...about as unrelaxed as you can get...it has no soul

...but yeah a few times a year they have "clean up day"...

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
At the numerous places I've worked, there's generally an ongoing game of "how long until that weird temp kills himself/others?"

Reading these stories just depresses the shit out of me. God I wish I had talent.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
fkornre, where do you work? I'd love to be in an office like that. At my last job we would have archive days, where we'd get to dress casual (jeans) and box up our old crap so it could be sent to the storage facility. We also got to dress casual for what I call the "office shuffle." Every year or so they decided we needed to reorganize where everyone sat. I had something like 4 or 5 cubes in 4 years.

fkornre

fkornre, where do you work? I'd love to be in an office like that. At my last job we would have archive days, where we'd get to dress casual (jeans) and box up our old crap so it could be sent to the storage facility. We also got to dress casual for what I call the "office shuffle." Every year or so they decided we needed to reorganize where everyone sat. I had something like 4 or 5 cubes in 4 years.
one day i will reveal the name...but as a hint i work for the nation's largest philanthropy dedicated soley to health and healthcare for americans...(not hard to find that answer)...we also do the "office shuffle" as reorganization is something that happens often...its quite annoying...i dont understand why moving people near each other to work is effective as we all have pc's, phones, email, chat programs and meeting rooms...plus as a healthcare field we should use excerise and walk to meet our colleagues...

This is the exact reason I never want to work in an office environment.
This sounds like "The Office" only unfunny and all too real

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
This is the exact reason I never want to work in an office environment.
That's why I said it depresses me. Reading this, realizing that these are the high points in people's work lives (no offense) and also knowing that I will be stuck in that same exact position until I die. It really does make life seem so empty.

one day i will reveal the name...but as a hint i work for the nation's largest philanthropy dedicated soley to health and healthcare for americans...(not hard to find that answer).
Humana? :p

Where I work we don't have special days. We just go out and drink on the weekends from time to time. Even that sucks dick because half of the people are boring.

And when we are out I'm worried about saying the wrong shit. Kind of like this time where we had a new girl with us drinking and she was smoking (which I fucking hate) and I told her to blow smoke rings.

Well, she tried and tried but couldn't get any going. She said that she'd be able to do it if she had "something" else. I responded with,"I didn't know that cocks had smoke." She just gave me a dirty look and then that awkward silence took over until I just walked away.

Luckily she was drunk and doesn't remember what I said and we just hang out at work bullshitting.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
I worked in my dad's office and Ironically, yes, it was in Scranton....I hated it but he did have a pool day in our back yard every year...it was cool cause I hooked up with his Paralegal.
Oh and my dad allows people to bring dogs to the office he has three service dogs there...apparently it helps people relax.

fkornre

lol...nope :)

today was a productive day...had 2 meetings about what we need to get for the games...opened an itunes work account and downloaded music...made a powerpoint to show the games and logistics to staff tomorrow...and now off to our pres house for drinks and snacks :) (yes that is all i did for work in 8+ hours)...lol...

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Um, yeah. I'm trying to find the nearest office location. Do you need an accountant? :)

We used to go to war with random office supplies. I came out seriously ahead when I found this site:

http://officeguns.com/

Seriously, there's some shit on that site that you could use to kill a rhino

alt130

Frunkis.net
We don't really do anything special here, but it's a (usually) relaxed atmosphere without silly rules, hence I'm posting on Wackbag right now. :) As long as the work gets done, how and when isn't so important, which works for me. Nothing like tidying up a couple chargebacks while drinking on a Sunday afternoon so I can have a slow Monday.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
Humana? :p

Where I work we don't have special days. We just go out and drink on the weekends from time to time. Even that sucks dick because half of the people are boring.

And when we are out I'm worried about saying the wrong shit. Kind of like this time where we had a new girl with us drinking and she was smoking (which I fucking hate) and I told her to blow smoke rings.

Well, she tried and tried but couldn't get any going. She said that she'd be able to do it if she had "something" else. I responded with,"I didn't know that cocks had smoke." She just gave me a dirty look and then that awkward silence took over until I just walked away.

Luckily she was drunk and doesn't remember what I said and we just hang out at work bullshitting.
http://wackbag.com/showpost.php?p=1768613&postcount=8

The story stunk even more the second time. ;)

NotSoFast

No, I "work" for a living. Massages in the office? Pussies.