Official 2012/13 6X Super Bowl Champion Steeler Thread

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
We are back b-b-b-b-boys for another Steeler Football drinking, er football season! After that heart breaking loss to the Broncos I myself have been waiting for this for a while.

I was very excited after the draft finished up. Two big ass O-linemen in the first and second rounds. A nice 3rd round pick up for the Linebacking squad, and it looks like Mendenhall will play earlier than expected(hopefully for an injury free season). But most of all my wishes (and I think Hoagie's wish as well) was answered with the release of Bruce Ariens.

HOWEVER..........

Before the season even starts:
- We have a greedy ass WR that expects instant cash after a great season.
- The usual offensive line woes..... Fucking SHIT!!!!
- Third round pick was injured in the last pre-season game and lost for the season.
- The media talking about Haley the new offensive co-ordinator being a yelling ass that can't stand players not performing to his TOTAL expectations and how him and Big Ben won't get along.

The only thing I don't like about the schedule this year is that they have the Ravens almost back to back sandwiching the Browns LATE in the season. The rest of the season does not look that bad, no real trap games. Other than the fact that I hate all those night games, fucking keeps me up all night long amped up for the win or pissed off with the loss.........

I am banking on a 10-6 season based on the unknown of Ben being healthy of course and the Defense being a snatch older.

What do you gentlemen think? :popcorn:

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
It's hard to say what the record will be this year. I don't expect a great season this year. I think there will be learning curve this year that will cost them some games that they would normally win this year. This will be a good year for getting some guys experience. That's the biggest disappointment when it comes to the Spence injury. He would have had a good chance to get some playing experience this year in a year where they aren't really contending for a Super Bowl as much as they will next year. It shouldn't be a horrific year and I think the offensive line will not look as bad when they open up the playbook and Ben gets used to using the checkdowns and such.

My biggest excitement this year will probably be from keeping an eye on the development of Ziggy Hood and Cam Heyward as they see regular playing time this year. I'm also excited to see the development on Keenen Lewis and Cortez Allen at the CB position and see how Dwyer and Rainey fit in at RB. I love Hines Ward and wish that he could have never gotten old but that being said it will be very interesting without him there and without feeling the need to feed him the ball just what kind of numbers Wallace and Brown will throw up this year.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I've really had a tough time getting a handle on how good this team is. The injuries suck obviously and I don't feel great about the RBs. Like Hoagie said, the passing game should be pretty fun to watch. I'm going to say they get 11 wins. Can't wait for the inevitable playoff game against Baltimore.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Oops

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Shitty way to start a season. I thought that might happen if Manning's cheese dick offense was clicking. I'd like to say that we learned something about the team from this game but it was shit drawing the Broncos on the opening game with no film of how Manning wants to operate with the people he has now and having to do it in Denver with no air or strong safeties. At least with the Jets coming in next week we can line up and actually play some football and see how they look.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I know it's only week 1 but it looks like the Ravens could be a pretty big problem.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
I know it's only week 1 but it looks like the Ravens could be a pretty big problem.
I basically agree. But if Joe Fucko can do that shit, Ben can as well. The difference is, Ben has done what Joe did last night. I think, Todd needs to realize the running game is shit, with a shit O-line.

Side note; without Ryan Clark, the Steeler Defense does not play like they should. Dick cannot put Troy where he wants and has to stick with him roaming around the secondary in lieu of roaming around the entire field. This weekend is making me anxious as hell, the Steelers cannot start 0-2 in the AFC.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Wow, I think he baaaaarely kept his feet in bounds. Great catch.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Running game is looking pretty solid late in the game.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
The running game was strong and really took the game out of the Jets' hands. The defense started off shaky but I think they found themselves a bit as the game went on. Mundy is much better filling in for Polamalu than he is filling in for Clark. We really need Harrison to get healthy so we can get more pressure on the blind side and take some of the help away from Woodley's blockers. All in all it was a really solid game for everyone though especially the cornerbacks, the receivers, and the running backs. All of it adds up to one thing:

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
0-2 Raiders next week. Let's get healthy.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
I was very put off by the 1st half, Christ almighty it was nerve racking. Finally play action to Heath in the end zone. Haley was driving me nuts..... I thought Ike was going to have a total break down in the 1st half, he was trying too hard IMO. I am glad to see the Sanchize came back down to earth in the 2nd half........ The defense really needs Harrison back to get pressure back on the other side of the line, I can't wait to get him back. The refs were totally fucking both teams today, as fans we are really getting fucked over.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I read somewhere the Steelers are favored by 4. I feel like it should be more than that. I'm feeling pretty good about their chances today.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
This game really feels like a west coast trap game..........I hope the pick savvy Carson Palmer shows up.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
I just missed the entire 1st quarter thanks to my local affiliate WTKR Channel 3 showing the shitty Saints lose and the shitty Jets win. Fuck you directv and NFL.

yay 14-7 boooooo holding and block in the back as soon as they go live........fuck me.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I just missed the entire 1st quarter thanks to my local affiliate WTKR Channel 3 showing the shitty Saints lose and the shitty Jets win. Fuck you directv and NFL.
Oof. That blows. Same thing happened to me last week, they refused to cut away from the Eagles game.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Call me a homer but I think that's a catch and down by contact.