Official Wackbag Photography thread

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Well, I made it to Great Basin N.P. and back. When I was looking at the NPS website last night it said you had to make reservations for a ranger guided tour to be able to see the caves. Unfortunately they were all sold out. Fortunately though when I got there I was talking to a ranger in the visitor center and he said that they added a shortened tour to the schedule today and it was only 8 bucks so I signed up and this is what I was able to get.

A couple notes. No tripods were allowed on the group tours so all my shots were handheld. If it hadn't been for IBIS system, I feel all these would have been badly blurred. I used the scene selection on most and macro on a few(I'll post those later). Most of the caverns were dimly lit with artificial lights. By dim, I mean fucking dim.

The tour kinda moved along quickly so trying to manually adjust settings on the fly would have been counter productive I felt. Especially since the lighting was dim but most people had cell phone cameras and were using the flash a lot. Also, the ranger had a flashlight and handed out a couple others flashlights to those that wanted them so I also had random lights being shone around. Again, easier to let the camera choose the settings rather than fuss and fidget and get pissed off.

Other than that, it was really neat. The last time I had been in caves was when I was a kid and my dad took us to the Mammoth Caves in Kentucky.

All shots taken with a Sony Alpha A7Rii w/Zeiss Distagon 35/1,4

Great Basin N.P. Lehman Caves

Great Basin N.P. Lehman Caves_1

Great Basin N.P. Lehman Caves_2

Great Basin N.P. Lehman Caves_3

Great Basin N.P. Lehman Caves_4

Great Basin N.P. Lehman Caves_5

Great Basin N.P. Lehman Caves_6

Great Basin N.P. Lehman Caves_7

Great Basin N.P. Lehman Caves_8

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
I'm curious to see if anyone else is having trouble viewing this specific thread on tablets/cells. The sheer size (and quantity) of some of the photo files makes it almost impossible to view & navigate.

That aside, here's a frightened heron flying away from me...

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
It loads slow for me no matter what platform I'm on. RESPECTFULLY, I just ask that we all agree to post a couple favorites at most per post, and a link to the rest in an off-site album.

I'm curious to see if anyone else is having trouble viewing this specific thread on tablets/cells. The sheer size (and quantity) of some of the photo files makes it almost impossible to view & navigate.
Yep - the full resolution 7952 x 5304 images slow my laptop to a crawl.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
I was kinda thinking that maybe we could use a photography specific sub section in one of the forums. Maybe a way to split up all these photos into different threads so they aren't getting lost. Not sure where it would go though.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
The other day, I drove 45 minutes to shoot some Osprey in their nest, only to find them out of town. This morning, one flew right at me...while standing in my own backyard. :D

Poor fella didn't even finish his breakfast, the bottom half of the fish still remains. :eek:

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
My first Spoonbill. I'd never even seen one until today.

And something a bit more familiar...

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
You get a lot of great bird photos, I only have the chickens and the chicken hawk

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
You get a lot of great bird photos, I only have the chickens and the chicken hawk
:haha7:

As I'm leaving Florida tomorrow, here's one last non-chicken shot...

I do have a Hawk shot, but I won't know if it's any good until I get back to my desktop. ;)

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Now that I've been back home for a few days, I'm starting to get a bit crabby...so here's this. Tssss

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
I didn't realize until I looked at it full size, but check out the lil' photo-bomber just in front of the pots.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Took the Jeep and the girlfriend down some abandoned logging roads today near her brothers house in W.V.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Well that was stupid... now the cops have evidence that you were there with your girlfriend.
Not sure if serious......

Don't worry, she is over the legal age.............in W.V. at least........

And she's not a sheep either.......

Last edited:

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Not sure if serious......

Don't worry, she is over the legal age.............in W.V. at least........

And she's not a sheep either.......
I was more implying that only one if you would be returning from the abandoned logging roads in the mountains.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
After an hour o shoveling, I needed to stay outside a while to unsweat myself, so I made you shitdicks a Christmas card. :action-sm