Official Wackbag Photography thread

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
My local dam isn't as pretty, so I had to get in tight. :meh:
At least the damascus pattern on the ice nubs is kinda cool.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Went to a "military vehicle" car show - 80+ pics and all are beyond boring, extraneous shit in the frame, etc. It was cool, and the owners beyond cool ("you can climb up there son it ain't like you'll scratch somethin...")

Example: Like this shot, except the palm trees spoiling the background, "made in china" on the tire, chain link, etc...

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
I got up a few hours before sunrise on super/blue/blood/eclipse Wednesday...and got NOTHING!!

The next night, the moon was still pretty large, so I took a quick handheld shot from my driveway. Too late the hero. :meh:

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
I went and saw the Eagles play today...didn't cost me a dime. :rolleyes:

And one that broke out of juvie. Must be Glen Frey's son.

Had Golden and Bald Eagles at the gulag as it was on a tidal river. They used to hunt my burn pile.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
@samurai where did you go? The closest place around here to see them consistently is conawingo
Along the Fox River just a couple miles from my house. It's also where my Heron/Egret shots (at least the IL. ones) come from, as well as 95% of my feeeshing shots. I started by the dam and saw one in the trees 500 yards upstream, then followed him south 500 yds (where this shot is from) where he landed near another adult and the juvenile. All in all, it's a half-mile of year round gold. :D

My goal is to be able to get as close as I did a few years ago, but haven't been able to. I didn't realize at the time how tough it was, and how lucky I was to have gotten what I did. I do now.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
We have bald eagles that hunt the Grand River in Ohio. I can't even get within 500 yards of them before they take off and are gone.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Sadly, this is the shot I get more often than not. Blocked by branches on one side, and the river on the other. :mad:

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
On the way from Las Vegas to Crystal Lake Il...
This was exactly two weeks ago, not just in Crystal Lake, but ON Crystal Lake. All that snow has probably melted by now, so I wouldn't recommend playing golf on it anymore. o_O

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
This was exactly two weeks ago, not just in Crystal Lake, but ON Crystal Lake. All that snow has probably melted by now, so I wouldn't recommend playing golf on it anymore. o_O

I can assure you after driving right past it, it is in liquid form once again.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Alright, a few pics from Bryce Canyon:

Just using your pics to get pumped for next week. The gods are smiling on us again - snow forecast got pushed off until Sat-Sun in Bryce (no snow in Zion end of this week) where we already have a room booked for 2 nights (gotta shower eventually...) Hoping to get pics like these - but with a nice blanket of snow on them.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Downtown Chicago, St. Patty's Day:

North Dearborn St.

Chicago River- Looking east from the State Street bridge

Busy day in the big city

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I bought an actual video camera today, a cannon hf r800, high def (not 4K) I’ve got the “I want to shoot you tube” videos bug up my ass again and I think a regular video camera would be better than the old phone I’m using now, I also bought a bracket and a light I already had a mic from my last adventure into this

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
First photo of the first bloom o' the year, and naturally, I got photo-bombed. :haha7:

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
This one got photo -bombed too, but the 'lil fella got stuck in pollenland.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
They may be cranky and noisy, but Jays are quite nice to look at.