Official Wackbag Photography thread

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
My first time EVER getting within 100 yards of a wild swan, let alone an entire family. I guess the lil' fuzzballs keep them from flying away.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Broke down and spent real money on a carbon fiber tripod, it is 1/4 the weight and size of my old aluminum bogen it was pricey (even for me) $320 but it came with a decent head, actually nicer than the gorilla pod heads I’ve been using, not to mention nicer than the other ageing tripods I’ve been using

THE FEZ MAN

Broke down and spent real money on a carbon fiber tripod, it is 1/4 the weight and size of my old aluminum bogen it was pricey (even for me) $320 but it came with a decent head, actually nicer than the gorilla pod heads I’ve been using, not to mention nicer than the other ageing tripods I’ve been using

THE FEZ MAN

Wife:
“we’re going on vacation, not on assignment for National Geographic”

Me:
Do I bring the film camera.....

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Of course you bring the film camera. What a question.

I was pumping aluminum in the basement when I noticed I was being watched. Hurried upstairs to grab the Nikon, and hoped he hadn't bolted. He hadn't.

Until he did...

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
[Clouseau Voice]Swine phewto-beumber!![Clouseau Voice]

Last edited:

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
I'm pretty out of the loop anymore on the current technologies to get copies of 50 year old 8x10's.

Do they still do the internegative thing, or do they scan them now, or?

THE FEZ MAN

I'm pretty out of the loop anymore on the current technologies to get copies of 50 year old 8x10's.

Do they still do the internegative thing, or do they scan them now, or?
You just scan them, I’ve had mixed success

THE FEZ MAN

Oh and Sweden is proving to be “meh” for photos, I can’t quite explain it but where we are isn’t very photogenic, we’re hopping a ferry to Denmark Saturday to check out some castle and do some shopping, even the shopping here isn’t great

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Boppin' around Boulder, MT. My wife's great uncle was a town drunk, and to help pay his bar tab he'd paint for people. This one still kind of visible.

And the court house after a thunderstorm.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Right alongside my driveway. Shot through the back window of my car while sitting in the drivers seat. [2 ton/300 hp blind with headrest tripod] :D

Last edited:

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Mama and chicks...day 4. Right alongside my driveway. Shot through my back window while sitting in the drivers seat.

Nice. I've got a little Mourning Dove family who set up a nest on my keyboard case that was stored outside on my balcony area. Four babies so far.

THE FEZ MAN

Nice. I've got a little Mourning Dove family who set up a nest on my keyboard case that was stored outside on my balcony area. Four babies so far.
I’ve got one right above my back door in a tree just wait till they start to shit all over everything, I hate them now

THE FEZ MAN

I haven’t looked at anything I shot in Sweden yet, sadly where we were wasn’t really great place to shoot, I did go to a few castles and took some stuff but nothing really “blew me away”

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
You and I seem to travel the same paths. I've taken pictures of those exact same falls. Only it was 2015 when I was there. Still looks just as beautiful.
All cell phone pics. Loaned my camera to the kids for their Alaskan cruise.. Missus got some great shots of some big horn sheep as we were driving to the trailhead. Can't wait to see those.