***official zelda timeline revealed***

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
For all my fellow Zelda geeks (There's gotta be at least a few here) and for those who are interested and haven't been following the story, Nintendo has released a Hyrule encyclopedia in Japan. Inside the encyclopedia is the official timeline. Every theory I've read over the years has said that the timeline splits into 2 different timelines after Ocarina of Time. The child Link timeline and the adult Link timeline. However, that's not the case. The timeline splits into 3 different timelines after Ocarina of Time. Here's a link to the official timeline for those who are interested in seeing it:

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Zelda-Timeline1.jpg

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Or this, for the less nerdishly inclined.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Angry Video Game Nerd - Zelda Timeline

[video=youtube;cHIP9UtkQDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHIP9UtkQDQ[/video]

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Weird. With the screwy shit, I always just took them as different games with no real relation except for 1 and 2. The rest, as far as I was concerned, were just games with the same named characters and no relation to the other games.

Then again, the only ones I played were 1, 2, Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and messed around with Minish Cap and 4 swords on 3ds. I only ever beat 1, Ocarina, and Twilight Princess.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Weird. With the screwy shit, I always just took them as different games with no real relation except for 1 and 2. The rest, as far as I was concerned, were just games with the same named characters and no relation to the other games.

Then again, the only ones I played were 1, 2, Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and messed around with Minish Cap and 4 swords on 3ds. I only ever beat 1, Ocarina, and Twilight Princess.
If you have a Wii, do yourself a favor and get A Link to the Past, that game is awesome. Or 3D dot heroes on the PS3, that rules too.

Sep 28, 2010
I fired up my NES a few years back and was surprised to see that the Legend of Zelda cartridge battery actually still had my save files from the early nineties. of course the save files were something like "FAGGOT" "ASSHOLEMAN" "VAGINATITS"

the only ones i've played were the two NES games, the super nintendo game and some game on the WII were you had to fish.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I fired up my NES a few years back and was surprised to see that the Legend of Zelda cartridge battery actually still had my save files from the early nineties. of course the save files were something like "FAGGOT" "ASSHOLEMAN" "VAGINATITS"

the only ones i've played were the two NES games, the super nintendo game and some game on the WII were you had to fish.
I believe those were Lithium batteries, which have crazy shelf lives, and it probably used an infinitesimal amount of power to maintain those save files. Still cool to hear that, though.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC

Twilight Princess

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
I always heard that Majora's Mask was a prequel to Ocarina of Time. I also think the thiid split from Ocarina that goes into Windwaker is a stretch for continuity. How there could be a 3rd leg is illogical to begin with.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI

My NES copy of the original still has the saves from 25 years ago. Crazy isn't it?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
So that is why Skyward sword sucks so much, it was the first one and had shitty controls.
First Zelda game ,on a nintendo console, that I will not finish.
I tried to like it but.....

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
I take them as each different. If I took the timeline as gospel, I'd have to get all of them and go in order. OCD gaming at it's finest.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
The only one I don't have is minish cap.
I rented it way back and beat it in 2 days.
All the rest of the games are in my attic.