Ok, I tried. I really did. Boxing is dead to me.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
I just tried to watch the first couple of rounds of the Mayweather fight. All they talked about before the fight was how much Floyd makes. Do you fucktards understand that this makes me less interested in him? That first round (of, what, 90?) was worthless. The lead-up fight was worthless.

I'm done. MMA has ruined this shitty sport for me.

LineBackerU

There is a good chance I am blocking you.
Donator
Oct 14, 2002
I just tried to watch the first couple of rounds of the Mayweather fight. All they talked about before the fight was how much Floyd makes. Do you fucktards understand that this makes me less interested in him? That first round (of, what, 90?) was worthless. The lead-up fight was worthless.

I'm done. MMA has ruined this shitty sport for me.
Comparing all boxing to a Mayweather fight is like comparing all MMA to a George "Lets go to the Judges' Scorecards" St. Pierre fight. Both Mayweather and St. Pierre are enormously talented at what they do, however to a casual observer who doesn't like defense, counter punching, scoring points, and winning rounds, they come across as boring.

Not every MMA fight will be a Roy Nelson knockout just as not every boxing match will be Gatti-Ward.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Comparing all boxing to a Mayweather fight is like comparing all MMA to a George "Lets go to the Judges' Scorecards" St. Pierre fight. Both Mayweather and St. Pierre are enormously talented at what they do, however to a casual observer who doesn't like defense, counter punching, scoring points, and winning rounds, they come across as boring.

Not every MMA fight will be a Roy Nelson knockout just as not every boxing match will be Gatti-Ward.
I get that, and I wasn't looking for an incredibly exciting fight. But:
1.) Boxing's clinch-and-pray is a shitload more boring (to me, at least) than MMA's lay-and-pray. Get punched, clinch, get separated by the ref, get punched, clinch, get separated by the ref, etc.
2.) Boxing is just... 2 dimensional. It's like listening to an old timey radio drama, and MMA is color TV.
3.)Floyd IS boxing right now. GSP may not have the most exciting style in MMA, but he also isn't the only fighter out there. Boxing has one draw, and he's a fucking dud entertainer. And GSP is a boring MMA fighter, which is still a lot more interesting than even entertaining boxers.

Boxing is fundamentally a defensive sport. It's about covering up and waiting for that tiny little window when the other guy's guard is just a quarter of an inch too wide so you can slip a jab into his face. That's why boxing has to be 12 three minute rounds: you need that length of time to accumulate enough action for an actual fight.

MMA is fundamentally an offensive sport. You can go in there with a boxer's guard, keep your hands up, etc., and you'll either get taken down or you'll get leg kicked to death from outside a boxer's punching range. A boxer can cover all of his vitals. An MMA fighter simply can't. You have to be on the offense as an MMA fighter. Turtleing up just doesn't work. GSP is a "boring" MMA fighter, but he's still constantly working to get into a dominant position. He's constantly establishing a power posture. In boxing... not so much. It's about jab, jab, jabbing your way to a championship with taps instead of punches.

Fuck boxing. Fuck it up its pathetic prolapsed ass.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
You don't understand boxing. You don't appreciate how elusive floyd is? You don't recognize how incredible his defense is? Turn it off. Watch two guys dry hump on the ground for 15 minutes.

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
THEY DIDN'T JUST STAND THERE AND PUNCH EACHOTHER IN THE FACE UNTIL SOMEONE GOT KNOCKED OUT! I HATE THIS SPORT!

Boxing ain't for you obviously. It ain't a bar fight. It's the sweet science my friend.

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
You don't understand boxing. You don't appreciate how elusive floyd is? You don't recognize how incredible his defense is? Turn it off. Watch two guys dry hump on the ground for 15 minutes.
Way to prove you know nothing about what your talking about retard. That not surprising in the least, but you really should should the fuck up. Not just about things you know nothing about, but pretty much everything.

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
The greatest floyd mayweather fight ever.... Gatti talked crazy shit and got his ass demolished.

Gatti was nicknamed Thunder. Floyd did a promo on his ass. "They call you thunder, well I'm lightning. Thunder makes a lot of noise, and lightning strikes"
People praise the Mickey Ward Gatti fight but the fact is, they were both bums. Floyd is the best boxer on the planet. He uses wrestling tactics. People pay to see him lose because they hate him. Hasn't happened yet. 44-0-0.

Also.... I fucking hate Larry Merchant. Glad I won't have to hear his shit when Floyd fights anymore.

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
Way to prove you know nothing about what your talking about retard. That not surprising in the least, but you really should should the fuck up. Not just about things you know nothing about, but pretty much everything.
He generalized boxing, i generalized MMA. Eat a dick.

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
He generalized boxing, i generalized MMA. Eat a dick.
Generalized? You do realize you're talking about VMS, right? He specifically stated why he was no longer interested in boxing and gave a good summarization of why the shitty sport is dying off. You replied with some snide shit trying to sound like you know what your talking about, but like every time to try to make a point you just sound fucking retarded. Because you're retarded. Just leave, we don't need a Beerbelly replacement.

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
Generalized? You do realize you're talking about VMS, right? He specifically stated why he was no longer interested in boxing and gave a good summarization of why the shitty sport is dying off. You replied with some snide shit trying to sound like you know what your talking about, but like every time to try to make a point you just sound fucking retarded. Because you're retarded. Just leave, we don't need a Beerbelly replacement.
Dying off? Shitty sport? That's precious. Go check the numbers on the Floyd fight when thet come out. Guaranteed to shit on any other ppv of the year. I don't know boxing? Is that what you're trying to say? The fact is, if you don't enjoy boxing for what it is, then don't watch it. Go watch a bunch of glorified bar fighters try to twist eachothers arms until someone says uncle.... Are we going to talk boxing, or are you going to go to insults because you can't win the argument?

LineBackerU

Donator
Oct 14, 2002
The greatest floyd mayweather fight ever.... Gatti talked crazy shit and got his ass demolished.

Gatti was nicknamed Thunder. Floyd did a promo on his ass. "They call you thunder, well I'm lightning. Thunder makes a lot of noise, and lightning strikes"
People praise the Mickey Ward Gatti fight but the fact is, they were both bums. Floyd is the best boxer on the planet. He uses wrestling tactics. People pay to see him lose because they hate him. Hasn't happened yet. 44-0-0.

Also.... I fucking hate Larry Merchant. Glad I won't have to hear his shit when Floyd fights anymore.

Gatti was definitely not a bum. Was he an all time great? Of course not but at least he gets credit for fighting the best unlike Pretty Boy Floyd who dodged Mosley and Cotto until they were past their prime and has continued to dodge Pacquio. Although now that Manny is on the downside of his career I'm sure FLoyd will all the sudden take an interest in fighting him now.

And GSP is a boring MMA fighter, which is still a lot more interesting than even entertaining boxers..
I disagree. Even if you take out the Gatti-Ward trilogy which had way more action and excitement than just about any UFC fight ever, you have Manny's fights against DeLaHoya, Hatton, Cotto-Margarito II, even the recent Timothy Bradley fight from a couple months ago, some of Mayweather's older fights, they had a ton of action and were much better than hug against the cage and dry hump on the ground.

I like both boxing and mma, watch every ppv for both, and other random HBO and Showtime fights. They both have their ups and downs, but lets not pretend like every mma fight is some overly exciting street fight. A lot of them are boring bombs.

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'll rip VMS comments apart so MT_Jonny can see why he's generalizing.

1.) Boxing's clinch-and-pray is a shitload more boring (to me, at least) than MMA's lay-and-pray. Get punched, clinch, get separated by the ref, get punched, clinch, get separated by the ref, etc.
IT'S BORING TO ME BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND, SO FUCK THIS SPORT

2.) Boxing is just... 2 dimensional. It's like listening to an old timey radio drama, and MMA is color TV.
HERP DERP BOXING IS BETA MAX MMA IS DVD. I DON'T UNDERSTAND SO I DON'T LIKE

3.)Floyd IS boxing right now. GSP may not have the most exciting style in MMA, but he also isn't the only fighter out there. Boxing has one draw, and he's a fucking dud entertainer. And GSP is a boring MMA fighter, which is still a lot more interesting than even entertaining boxers.
I DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BOXING SO THE ONLY NAME I KNOW IS FLOYD MAYWEATHER! FORGET THE FACT THAT SAUL ALVEREZ AND ADRIEN BRONER AND SERGIO MARTINEZ ARE INCREDIBLE BOXERS WHO HAVE INCREDIBLE RECORDS AND DO GREAT NUMBERS ON PPVS, I DONT KNOW THEM BECAUSE I DONT FOLLOW THE SPORT. ONLY ONE GUY EXIST. AN MMA GUY IS MORE ENTERTAINING!

Boxing is fundamentally a defensive sport. It's about covering up and waiting for that tiny little window when the other guy's guard is just a quarter of an inch too wide so you can slip a jab into his face. That's why boxing has to be 12 three minute rounds: you need that length of time to accumulate enough action for an actual fight.
THESE ASSHOLES HAVE THE NERVE TO BLOCK AND GET OUT OF THE WAY OF PUNCHES! STAND THERE AND TAKE ALL OF THE PUNCHES AND THROW BACK SO I CAN BE ENTERTAINED!

MMA is fundamentally an offensive sport. You can go in there with a boxer's guard, keep your hands up, etc., and you'll either get taken down or you'll get leg kicked to death from outside a boxer's punching range. A boxer can cover all of his vitals. An MMA fighter simply can't. You have to be on the offense as an MMA fighter. Turtleing up just doesn't work. GSP is a "boring" MMA fighter, but he's still constantly working to get into a dominant position. He's constantly establishing a power posture. In boxing... not so much. It's about jab, jab, jabbing your way to a championship with taps instead of punches.
I PERFER MMA TO BOXING, SO YOU SHOULD TOO

Fuck boxing. Fuck it up its pathetic prolapsed ass.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SPORT SO IT'S DUMB AND STUPID AND THE SPORT I PREFER TO WATCH IS BETTER!

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Dying off? Shitty sport? That's precious. Go check the numbers on the Floyd fight when thet come out. Guaranteed to shit on any other ppv of the year. I don't know boxing? Is that what you're trying to say? The fact is, if you don't enjoy boxing for what it is, then don't watch it. Go watch a bunch of glorified bar fighters try to twist eachothers arms until someone says uncle.... Are we going to talk boxing, or are you going to go to insults because you can't win the argument?
You realize that it doesn't support your point when you are trying to insult someone for not liking/understanding your chosen sport and at the same time show that you know nothing about their chosen sport? You're acting like he's a cretin for not understanding the delicate art that is boxing, while at the same time acting like MMA is just a bunch of bikers off the street throwing hay-makers at each other. Don't insult someone's supposed ignorance while displaying your own ignorance.

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
You realize that it doesn't support your point when you are trying to insult someone for not liking/understanding your chosen sport and at the same time show that you know nothing about their chosen sport? You're acting like he's a cretin for not understanding the delicate art that is boxing, while at the same time acting like MMA is just a bunch of bikers off the street throwing hay-makers at each other. Don't insult someone's supposed ignorance while displaying your own ignorance.
His point was bullshit. I DON'T LIKE FOOTBALL I LIKE RUGBY SO LET ME TELL YOU WHY FOOTBALL SUCKS. Same concept. He generalized, so I generalized.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Fight nice children

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
Gatti was definitely not a bum. Was he an all time great? Of course not but at least he gets credit for fighting the best unlike Pretty Boy Floyd who dodged Mosley and Cotto until they were past their prime and has continued to dodge Pacquio. Although now that Manny is on the downside of his career I'm sure FLoyd will all the sudden take an interest in fighting him now.
Gatti was a bum. He lost to that guy who fought on that Slyvester Stallone show that used to be on ESPN. You forget that for about 2 years, all of Pacquiao's opponents, were guys Floyd beat and stole their confidence. Floyd is the greatest boxer of all time. Not the greatest fighter, not the greatest brawler, but the greatest boxer. He's too slick, and he will retire undefeated. People pay for ppv's to watch him lose. He won't. He's the best.

PS... Floyd beat the shit out of Marquez, who beat Pacquiao 3 times(regardless of the judges bullshit).

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
His point was bullshit. I DON'T LIKE FOOTBALL I LIKE RUGBY SO LET ME TELL YOU WHY FOOTBALL SUCKS. Same concept. He generalized, so I generalized.
It's not bullshit, it's an opinion. An opinion shared by shit loads of people (me included). I find boxing to be incredibly boring. I have to imagine that of the 7 billion people on earth, most of them probably find boxing boring.
VMS brought up the boxing clinch, which is a perfect example of what people find boring about boxing. (In the later rounds) it's not a tactic or some finely honed skill; it's two guys who are incredibly winded trying to catch their breath for three seconds.

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
These niggas don't know how much I love my boxing.
Like every boxing fan I know
I'll rip VMS comments apart so MT_Jonny can see why he's generalizing.

IT'S BORING TO ME BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND, SO FUCK THIS SPORT

HERP DERP BOXING IS BETA MAX MMA IS DVD. I DON'T UNDERSTAND SO I DON'T LIKE

I DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BOXING SO THE ONLY NAME I KNOW IS FLOYD MAYWEATHER! FORGET THE FACT THAT SAUL ALVEREZ AND ADRIEN BRONER AND SERGIO MARTINEZ ARE INCREDIBLE BOXERS WHO HAVE INCREDIBLE RECORDS AND DO GREAT NUMBERS ON PPVS, I DONT KNOW THEM BECAUSE I DONT FOLLOW THE SPORT. ONLY ONE GUY EXIST. AN MMA GUY IS MORE ENTERTAINING!

THESE ASSHOLES HAVE THE NERVE TO BLOCK AND GET OUT OF THE WAY OF PUNCHES! STAND THERE AND TAKE ALL OF THE PUNCHES AND THROW BACK SO I CAN BE ENTERTAINED!

I PERFER MMA TO BOXING, SO YOU SHOULD TOO

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SPORT SO IT'S DUMB AND STUPID AND THE SPORT I PREFER TO WATCH IS BETTER!
Despite you being retarded, I would love to continue this at a more decent hour. You made some very persuasive points by typing in all caps. Arguing like a moron is a interesting tactic. We can pick this up tomorrow.

LineBackerU

Donator
Oct 14, 2002
Gatti was a bum. He lost to that guy who fought on that Slyvester Stallone show that used to be on ESPN. You forget that for about 2 years, all of Pacquiao's opponents, were guys Floyd beat and stole their confidence. Floyd is the greatest boxer of all time. Not the greatest fighter, not the greatest brawler, but the greatest boxer. He's too slick, and he will retire undefeated. People pay for ppv's to watch him lose. He won't. He's the best.

PS... Floyd beat the shit out of Marquez, who beat Pacquiao 3 times(regardless of the judges bullshit).
I'm too tired to do research all the fights, but right away I know for a fact that Pacquiao-Cotto happened before Mayweather-Cotto.

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
It's not bullshit, it's an opinion. An opinion shared by shit loads of people (me included). I find boxing to be incredibly boring. I have to imagine that of the 7 billion people on earth, most of them probably find boxing boring.
VMS brought up the boxing clinch, which is a perfect example of what people find boring about boxing. (In the later rounds) it's not a tactic or some finely honed skill; it's two guys who are incredibly winded trying to catch their breath for three seconds.
It has to do with being rocked and trying to keep the guy from hitting you so he doesn't finish you off. It has nothing to do with being winded. You can still punch in the clinch...

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm too tired to do research all the fights, but right away I know for a fact that Pacquiao-Cotto happened before Mayweather-Cotto.
It did. That's the only one. Cotto was a good fighter, but not great. I watched Cotto when a decision over a Jeremey Clottey who kicked the shit out of him for 12 rounds. Cotto won the decision, in New York, on Pureto Rican Day Parade day, in a crowd full of puerto ricans.

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
Like every boxing fan I know

Despite you being retarded, I would love to continue this at a more decent hour. You made some very persuasive points by typing in all caps. Arguing like a moron is a interesting tactic. We can pick this up tomorrow.
When I type in caps, it's only to show sarcasm sir.

LineBackerU

Donator
Oct 14, 2002
It did. That's the only one. Cotto was a good fighter, but not great. I watched Cotto when a decision over a Jeremey Clottey who kicked the shit out of him for 12 rounds. Cotto won the decision, in New York, on Pureto Rican Day Parade day, in a crowd full of puerto ricans.
Not tonight, but recently on Showtime, Paulie Malignaggi while announcing made a comment/joke about the shady refereeing/judging that happens in NYC.

Gorilla Pimp

Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
Not tonight, but recently on Showtime, Paulie Malignaggi while announcing made a comment/joke about the shady refereeing that happens in NYC.
I hated Malignaggi as a fighter, but I like him being a commentator.