Olbermann on ESPN

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Ok, I'll admit I haven't watched him. Just no interest. But Jeremy Schapp tweeted that he (Schapp) was interviewing Dana White of the UFC on the show last night, so I tuned in.

Schapp was guest hosting. Has been all this week. Colin Cowherd is guest hosting all next week.

Given that Olbermann has lost multiple TV gigs for (among other things) not showing up to work, and that he only started this new gig in late August, how's he taking at least 2 weeks off less than 2 months into the new job?

metallikat87

Dec 14, 2006
Oklahoma
He is hosting playoff baseball coverage for TNT/TBS. Olbermann is the in-studio guy between and during games with highlights, etc.
I would assume this was approved with ESPN or he is going to be fired pretty quickly.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
He is hosting playoff baseball coverage for TNT/TBS. Olbermann is the in-studio guy between and during games with highlights, etc.
I would assume this was approved with ESPN or he is going to be fired pretty quickly.

Keith had the playoff gig before the ESPN gig. This was approved by ESPN. Larry King was hosting the first few days too

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Keith had the playoff gig before the ESPN gig. This was approved by ESPN. Larry King was hosting the first few days too
Larry has been the best so far IMO.
Jeremy Schaap, no matter what, comes off as a self-righteous pompous tool.

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
Larry has been the best so far IMO.
Jeremy Schaap, no matter what, comes off as a self-righteous pompous tool.
Jeremy Schaap stinks. I'm sure his "in" at ESPN in the first place was his Dad, because his delivery is terrible.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
Jeremy Schaap stinks. I'm sure his "in" at ESPN in the first place was his Dad, because his delivery is terrible.

Schaap is better with research then on the air stuff.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
I've read multiple people saying that while Olberman is a pompous douchebag, his new show is pretty good, that when he sticks to sports and not politics he's decent.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
I've read multiple people saying that while Olberman is a pompous douchebag, his new show is pretty good, that when he sticks to sports and not politics he's decent.

The show has good parts and bad parts. He is still a pompous douche. He has done a 15 minute monologue on hypocrisy in sports. meanwhile ESPN does the same crap. The Keith lights. Seriously? Not highlights . Keith Lights.

metallikat87

Dec 14, 2006
Oklahoma
There are some douchalicious momemts but I enjoy this show. He knows his shit with sports, baseball especially,and he is a funny guy.