Omg I Can't Take It Anymore!!1

patti

opant: shut up patti
Jun 1, 2007
my moms box
everyone in my office is either coughing or sneezing. if i get sick i'm gonna kill these people.

IF YOU'RE SICK STAY THE FUCK HOME!!!

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
everyone in my office is either coughing or sneezing. if i get sick i'm gonna kill these people.

i tend to agree...except i hate my job so much that i wish someone with mono would come over and lick my coffee cup before i got to it so i could miss some work

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Try working with kids. It is worse, watching it progress through all of them and knowing you are next to get it.
I have a kid sneeze, cough, or puke on me, at least twice a week!
But then again, I got the antibodies!

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
heard acouple guys at work talking about
being sick for weeks
some kind of cold with fever also

i haven't gotten anything this winter

stay the fuck away from me and my stuff

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
My wife usually gets a cold before I do. When she does, I start taking Zicam. A lot of times, i don't get the cold at all, and if I do its real mild and over in a 2-3 days.

There really is no way to prove its the Zicam, could just be my immune system. I don't want to risk not taking it just to see what happens.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
thanks , Hud
so far so good

i'm thiking my alcohol intake
is helping
been fine all year

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
What you need to do is stalk cubicle to cubicle with an AR-15 carbine with a 30 round drum magazine.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Do what I do, get a job that allows you to be alone most of the time. I almost never get sick, unless I spend any amount of time around kids. And I'm not a compulsive hand washer or anti-bacterial gel user, so I think I have a pretty healthy army of the "good bacteria" working in my favor when I do come across sick people. I usually get since 1 or 2 times in the space of a year, and only for 2 or 3 days.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002

call in sick? stay home? theres are terms that ive heard but never have seen in practice. ive never worked anywhere that calling in sick was even an option, let alone condoned, i called in sick when i sprained my ankle and had to go to the doctor, and im still hearing about it, i took time off to care for my post op wife and new born son, and got BACK CHARGED for taking off.... quit bitching and go to fucking work.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Ya, I think I spelled it right.

It comes in a nasal spray (gel), and swabs.

Edit: Here is the link: http://www.zicam.com/
I used to use Zicam swabs - whether they actually shortened the length of my cold or not I couldn't say but what it did do was keep everything moist - no crusties. But then I started coming across articles where people claimed they were losing their sense of smell from the product.

This is from wiki:
In September 2003, Zicam, a brand of homeopathic zinc cold remedy, faced lawsuits from users who claimed that the product negatively affected their sense of smell, and sometimes taste. In January 2006, 340 lawsuits were settled for $12 million.[1] In early 2004, at the height of the controversy, Matrixx Initiatives, Inc., the maker of Zicam, claimed that only a small number of people had experienced problems and that anosmia (loss of smell) can, amongst others, also be caused by the common cold itself. Matrixx also claimed that zinc gluconate dissolves into zinc ions and gluconate, and that both are naturally occurring compounds which are found in all human tissues. They also claim that Zicam is a buffered gel that is formulated to have a neutral pH. The plaintiffs countered Matrixx, claiming that many of the patients had experienced a strong and very painful burning sensation when they used the product, indicating damage to the nasal tissue. No part of the settlement targeted the products removal from sale, and the nasal gel continues to be available at drug stores throughout the USA.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
I used to use Zicam swabs - whether they actually shortened the length of my cold or not I couldn't say but what it did do was keep everything moist - no crusties. But then I started coming across articles where people claimed they were losing their sense of smell from the product.

This is from wiki:
No shit?!?

Hmmm thats a tough one. Get over a cold quicker or lose my sense of smell....Thanks.....Now I have some thinking to do.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Try working with kids. It is worse, watching it progress through all of them and knowing you are next to get it.
I have a kid sneeze, cough, or puke on me, at least twice a week!
But then again, I got the antibodies!
My girlfriend works with autistic kids, both in their homes and at their schools with other (mostly non-autistic) kids, and my god is she a chronic hand washer. Purell in the car and purse, hands washed every time she sees a sink, etc.

She's more careful than I was when I was working with nuclear material in a clean room, and I'm not exaggerating that point one iota.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
call in sick? stay home? theres are terms that ive heard but never have seen in practice. ive never worked anywhere that calling in sick was even an option, let alone condoned, i called in sick when i sprained my ankle and had to go to the doctor, and im still hearing about it, i took time off to care for my post op wife and new born son, and got BACK CHARGED for taking off.... quit bitching and go to fucking work.
WOW...that sux...

we are told if we are not feeling well to stay home (we get 12 sick days a year)...but my ocd tendencies prevent me from using them...i work mon - fri so unless i am on vacation i must be at work providing the high level of service i do...

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
No shit?!?

Hmmm thats a tough one. Get over a cold quicker or lose my sense of smell....Thanks.....Now I have some thinking to do.
Supposedly it only applied to the swabs, not the spray gel, but since the active ingredients are the same, I tossed the spray as well. Quite honestly, I didn't get over my colds any quicker using the swabs than I did just letting the colds run their course. I might've felt a little better because I was able to breathe more freely, but the duration of the cold was same 7 - 10 days.