Once again,islam proves it's the religion of peace!!

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/02/08/iraq.women/index.html

By Arwa Damon
CNN

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The images in the Basra police file are nauseating: Page after page of women killed in brutal fashion -- some strangled to death, their faces disfigured; others beheaded. All bear signs of torture.
Police chief Gen. Abdul Jalil Khalaf holds a book cataloging the dead.

The women are killed, police say, because they failed to wear a headscarf or because they ignored other "rules" that secretive fundamentalist groups want to enforce.
"Fear, fear is always there," says 30-year-old Safana, an artist and university professor. "We don't know who to be afraid of. Maybe it's a friend or a student you teach. There is no break, no security. I don't know who to be afraid of."
Her fear is justified. Iraq's second-largest city, Basra, is a stronghold of conservative Shia groups. As many as 133 women were killed in Basra last year -- 79 for violation of "Islamic teachings" and 47 for so-called honor killings, according to IRIN, the news branch of the U.N.'s Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
One glance through the police file is enough to understand the consequences. Basra's police chief, Gen. Abdul Jalil Khalaf, flips through the file, pointing to one unsolved case after another.
Watch Khalaf show evidence of the brutality »
"I think so far, we have been unable to tackle this problem properly," he says. "There are many motives for these crimes and parties involved in killing women, by strangling, beheading, chopping off their hands, legs, heads."
"When I came to Basra a year ago," he says, "two women were killed in front of their kids. Their blood was flowing in front of their kids, they were crying. Another woman was killed in front of her 6-year-old son, another in front of her 11-year-old child, and yet another who was pregnant."
Don't Miss
The killers enforcing their own version of Islamic justice are rarely caught, while women live in fear.
Boldly splattered in red paint just outside the main downtown market, a chilling sign reads: "We warn against not wearing a headscarf and wearing makeup. Those who do not abide by this will be punished. God is our witness, we have notified you."
The attacks on the women of Basra have intensified since British forces withdrew to their base at the airport back in September, police say. Iraqi security forces took over after British troops pulled back, but are heavily infiltrated by militias.
And tracking the perpetrators of these crimes is nearly impossible, Khalaf says, adding that he doesn't have control of the thousands of policemen and officers.
"We're trying to trace crimes carried out by an anonymous enemy," he says.
Amnesty International has raised concern about the increasing violence toward women in Iraq, saying abductions, ***** and "honor killings" are on the rise.
"Politically active women, those who did not follow a strict dress code, and women [who are] human rights defenders were increasingly at risk of abuses, including by armed groups and religious extremists," Amnesty said in a 2007 report.
Sometimes, it's just the color of a woman's headscarf that can draw unwanted attention.
"One time, one of my female colleagues commented on the color of my headscarf," Safana says. "She said it would draw attention ... [and I should] avoid it and stick to colors like gray, brown and black."
This extremist ideology enrages many secular Muslim women, who say it's a misrepresentation of Islam.
Sawsan, another woman who works at a university, says the message from the radicals to women is simple: "They seem to be sending us a message to stay at home and keep your mouth shut."

After the fall of Saddam Hussein in 2003, Sawsan says, the situation was "the best." But now, she says, it's "the worst."
"We thought there would be freedom and democracy and women would have their rights. But all the things we were promised have not come true. There is only fear and horror."

Fucking savages.

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
After the fall of Saddam Hussein in 2003, Sawsan says, the situation was "the best." But now, she says, it's "the worst."
"We thought there would be freedom and democracy and women would have their rights. But all the things we were promised have not come true. There is only fear and horror."
This is exactly is why the U.S shouldn't have removed Saddam, for all his faults he could control these savages. Unfortunatly the new government cannot.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
ENOUGH!

For their own good...

ALL of em....it really is the only way.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Disgusting beyond words.

Although the story mentions twice that these are the actions of Islamic extremists, it really is time to stamp out all religion* in my opinion because this is what happens if it is left unchecked.

I try to keep an open mind about religion and I understand that not everyone in a religion is up to no good. I’m sure many are just trying to live a good life based on the philosophy they chose to adhere to. But it always seems at some point to go wrong.

And for those Christians who think that things such as the Crusades and the burning of witches is long past, this isn't that far removed from what the ultra-conservative "Religious Right" nuts would do if they had the same kind of power in this country. If you don't agree watch the movie Jesus Camp and imagine if those people didn't have the social boundaries that they do now.

* Just a side note: if you’re a woman I really don’t understand how you could follow any religion as they seem especially motivated to making you the irrelevant sex.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
the sad part is they let it happen to themselves. in this country we ask certain races to take a stand against their own if you are tired of the shit. this is no different. they will go on and act like nothing happened which they have been doing since the beginning of islam. i dont feel sorry for them until they help themselves
stereotypes= reality

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Obama is not muslim, he is a christian. Even though I don't like him and will not vote for him......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

http://www.biography.com/search/article.do?id=12782369

http://votesmart.org/bio.php?can_id=BS030017

And if you didn't know that little fact, then in my opinion you shouldn't be allowed to vote. Go get educated about the candidates.
Chipeater im not sure but i was told he was brought up and taught muslim and became a christian later.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
I believe that he said his father was a non-practicing muslim in an interview I heard.(I really wish I had a link to that interview but I do not). I may be wrong on that though, but he is a christian now and that church on the websites I provided the links to is where he attends now. But like I said before, I am not going to be voting for him or any other candidate based purely on religious reasons.

Another link --> http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I love how every thread about Muslim savages comes back to Obama these days.

Ok, he's not muslim. We'll give you that. How do you explain that the church that he DOES claim is a black separatist church? The guy is bad news, muslim or not.

Capt.Caveman

Totally unlikeable
Jan 13, 2005
closer to a playground then allowed by law
I believe that he said his father was a non-practicing muslim in an interview I heard.(I really wish I had a link to that interview but I do not). I may be wrong on that though, but he is a christian now and that church on the websites I provided the links to is where he attends now. But like I said before, I am not going to be voting for him or any other candidate based purely on religious reasons.

Another link --> http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp
muslims are scum i'll never vote for one. i won't even talk to one. yes i'm racist against muslims. i'm not denying it. and of course he's gonna say his dad was "non practicing" but a fake muslim wouldn't name his kid barack.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
muslims are scum i'll never vote for one. i won't even talk to one. yes i'm racist against muslims. i'm not denying it. and of course he's gonna say his dad was "non practicing" but a fake muslim wouldn't name his kid barack.
Muslims are a religion not a race :arrrh:

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
ENOUGH!

For their own good...

ALL of em....it really is the only way.
Agreed. Send them to Allah!
Without their reward of 70 virgins!
Fuck it, let them keep the virgins. What the fuck do I care as long as they are all dead.

And as for Obama, he might not be Muslim but when it comes down to a choice between offending Muslims or defending this country I know which way he will want to lean, and that's enough for me.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
I hate muslims and arabs, but I'm only racist for the arab part.

I take my racism seriously :action-sm

shwoogie

You mad cuz I'm stylin' on you
Jun 2, 2004
Dracut, MA
Where did this "religion of peace" nonsense come from anyways?

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Where did this "religion of peace" nonsense come from anyways?
The nature of the religion is to "turn the other cheek" and seem passive so as to accomplish change in a "running water will wear down the rock" sort of way, but it ends up being distorted to pretending to be passive so people let their guards down and you then have the ability to attack.

It's basically a religion based on Sun Tsu's Art of War.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
but aren't most muslims arab? smarty pants. i lump those savages together muslim=arab and so forth so eat a dick
Actually I think most are Asians. You've got Indonesia as the world's most populous Muslim country, India, Pakistan, and Afghanistan are considered south asia, there are Muslim communities in part of China.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
but when it comes down to a choice between offending Muslims or defending this country I know which way he will want to lean, .
Like Bush does? 5 marines sniped from a mosque and we don't level that piece of shit?

Fighting a politically correct war? :icon_roll

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
The nature of the religion is to "turn the other cheek" and seem passive so as to accomplish change in a "running water will wear down the rock" sort of way, but it ends up being distorted to pretending to be passive so people let their guards down and you then have the ability to attack.

It's basically a religion based on Sun Tsu's Art of War.
You're right and wrong.

Wrong because it was NEVER meant to be about "turning the other cheek", right in the sense that it was ALWAYS about, as you explained, putting up a false front of peace in order to deceive one's enemies and destroy them. Mohammed did that many times. He would promise peace when he was in a position where warfare wasn't feasible, and the moment the situation turned, he'd break his word and wage jihad.

It's what you get when you have a religion founded by a literal warlord. It was never a "religion of peace".

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
And speaking of the religion of peace, I cannot even begin to describe to you the absolute, white-hot rage that this news story fills me with.

I do not want one goddamn cent of my money going to these fucking animals. To pay for the blood on their hands. To fund their further actions of terror and murder. Not ONE GODDAMN CENT.