Online games and chat

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
Do any of you all know of any online games where chat both text and voice can be disabled without crippling the game play experience?

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
What's the point of an online game with no human interaction? You might as well just play Oblivion.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
What's the point of an online game with no human interaction? You might as well just play Oblivion.
Humans aren't boring and predictable like bots. I assume he wants the competition without the annoying idiots running their mouths.

Aside from mmorpgs I can't think of any games where you can disable chat. I'd bet counterstrike and other HL2 mods have a console command to disable it though, but you'd have to look that up yourself.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
My woman won't let her kid do anything online if you have to chat with strangers. He is 11 years old so I understand that. On the other hand, I think it would suck not having anything to play online if I was him. That was why I was asking for suggestions.

Something fun with no chat. Any ideas?

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Ah found it.

If you have counterstrike source you can disable chat by typing hud_saytext_time 0 in the console.