Only 38% of liberals think they're sane.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
When the Gallup pollsters asked Americans what they thought about their own mental health, they were intrigued by the difference between Democrats and Republicans.

While 58 percent of Republicans reported having excellent mental health, only 38 percent of Democrats described themselves that way.

The study was no surprise to D. Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., a noted psychiatrist and author of a controversial book that makes the clinical case liberalism is a mental illness.

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to "the vast right-wing conspiracy."
Here

Are conservatives just less self-aware, or are liberals as screwed up as they think they are?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
well they have a woman and an African American trying to become president....

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
well. since people that are truly insane never know it or admit it i would have to assume that once again conservatives are lying

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
Jul 26, 2005
Seattle
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
im completely sane, well at least them voices in my head tell me i am

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Liberalism is a mental disease..... Michael Savage is right.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Liberalism is a mental disease..... Michael Savage is right.
oy

Here

Are conservatives just less self-aware, or are liberals as screwed up as they think they are?
Conservatives are less self-aware/think they are more normal. Liberals are more self-aware but not as self-aware as they should be. Identifying strongly with either ideology is a sign of fuckuppedness.

And liberalism in itself is a ideology that has more emotional people, people who feel more about others and feelings so necessarily they'll find themselves more depressed or anxious. This poll seems more based on things like the previously mentioned depression and anxiety, it's not solely based on what percentage suffers from schizophrenic delusions on a daily basis

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
D. Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., a noted psychiatrist and author of a controversial book that makes the clinical case liberalism is a mental illness.

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."
I just found my favorite author. Finally someone that studies how fucking retarded liberals are. They are spoiled little children that aren't capable of thinking rationally.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I just found my favorite author. Finally someone that studies how fucking retarded liberals are. They are spoiled little children that aren't capable of thinking rationally.
QFT,

Of course, then you have to look at the other side and wonder how the fuck they can ignore the concept of Evolution.

Nader Raider for life.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Anyone who thinks mankind should shirk indivuality in favor of a "benevolent" tyranny is insane.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I generally agree with the author's premise that too many liberals just want our government to nanny-state all of us (which leads to a form of liberal fascism where freedoms and choice are taken away from us, under the presumption that the state knows better than we do how to run our lives), but I'm always hesistant about these sort of premises. It seems too much like those bullshit studies you see coming out of Berkeley every now and again that always show something like, oh, hey, it just so happens that Republicans are just like Nazis / communists / place horrible group of people here. It just plays towards personal biases.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
I'm always hesistant about these sort of premises. It seems too much like those bullshit studies you see coming out of Berkeley every now and again that always show something like, oh, hey, it just so happens that Republicans are just like Nazis / communists / place horrible group of people here. It just plays towards personal biases.
Ditto.

It's the new age of yellow journalism. The public isn't really any better informed than they were in the early 20th century. People have more facts, but they're even less able to put those facts together.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Ditto.

It's the new age of yellow journalism. The public isn't really any better informed than they were in the early 20th century. People have more facts, but they're even less able to put those facts together.
Yup.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I generally agree with the author's premise that too many liberals just want our government to nanny-state all of us (which leads to a form of liberal fascism where freedoms and choice are taken away from us, under the presumption that the state knows better than we do how to run our lives), but I'm always hesistant about these sort of premises. It seems too much like those bullshit studies you see coming out of Berkeley every now and again that always show something like, oh, hey, it just so happens that Republicans are just like Nazis / communists / place horrible group of people here. It just plays towards personal biases.
Ditto.

Agreed. It's more of the screaming talking head sort of "reporting" where they appeal more towards emotion (particularly hatred) than they do intelligence.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California

It's the new age of yellow journalism. The public isn't really any better informed than they were in the early 20th century. People have more facts, but they're even less able to put those facts together.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's more of the screaming talking head sort of "reporting" where they appeal more towards emotion (particularly hatred) than they do intelligence.
Yes, yes, and yes. :clap: