Open Mic Catches Obama/Sarkozy Dissing Netanyahu

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Definitely not big fans of the man...

Report: Sarkozy Calls Netanyahu A Liar

Microphones accidently left on after G20 meeting pick up private conversation between US, French presidents. Sarkozy admits he 'can't stand' Israeli premier. Obama: You're fed up with him? I have to deal with him every day!

French President Nicolas Sarkozy reportedly told US President Barack Obama that he could not "stand" Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and that he thinks the Israeli premier "is a liar."
According to a Monday report in the French website "Arret sur Images," after facing reporters for a G20 press conference on Thursday, the two presidents retired to a private room, to further discuss the matters of the day.
The conversation apparently began with President Obama criticizing Sarkozy for not having warned him that France would be voting in favor of the Palestinian membership bid in UNESCO despite Washington's strong objection to the move.
The conversation then drifted to Netanyahu, at which time Sarkozy declared: "I cannot stand him. He is a liar." According to the report, Obama replied: "You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him every day!"

The remark was naturally meant to be said in confidence, but the two leaders' microphones were accidently left on, making the would-be private comment embarrassingly public.

The communication faux pas went unnoticed for several minutes, during which the conversation between the two heads of state – which quickly reverted to other matters – was all but open to members the press, who were still in possession of headsets provided by the Elysée for the sake of simultaneous translation during the G20 press conference.

"By the time the (media) services at the Elysée realize it, it was on for at least three minutes," one journalist told the website. Still, he said that reporters "did not have a chance to take advantage of this fluke."

The surprising lack of coverage may be explained by a report alleging that reporters present at the event were requested to sign an agreement to keep mum on the subject of the embarrassing comments.

A member of the media confirmed Monday that "there were discussions between journalists and they agreed not to publish the comments due to the sensitivity of the issue."

He added that while it was annoying to have to refrain from publishing the information, the journalists are subject to precise rules of conduct.
Not sure of the source, so not sure if it's entirely true or in what context...but it's starting to make the rounds...

Larz

****Self-Banned****
It's My Birthday!
Feb 12, 2006
NYC E. Village, No Homo
I've always believed the U.S. would have to create some real distance with Israel leading up to their attack on Iran. Israel will need to be ostracized and play bad cop, Just too much crap for the U.S. to deal with in the middle east as it is. Handling the Iraqi shiites alone will be like fighting the zombie apocalypse.

UrsusHorribilis

May 2, 2006
I've always believed the U.S. would have to create some real distance with Israel leading up to their attack on Iran. Israel will need to be ostracized and play bad cop, Just too much crap for the U.S. to deal with in the middle east as it is. Handling the Iraqi shiites alone will be like fighting the zombie apocalypse.
Creating distance with Israel is not the move to make going into an election year--for Dems or GOPs alike. Chalk it up to Obama incompetence.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I didn't know France was still run by the Vichy regime. Terrific.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
No apology yet...looks like some deflections at this point. That and I'm sure they're just hoping this story just goes away.

THRILLHO

Apr 5, 2009
Bothell, Wa.
No apology yet...looks like some deflections at this point. That and I'm sure they're just hoping this story just goes away.

Maybe these Jews in the ADL should shut up. It's not all about you. You have three world leaders saying the guy isn't the easiest to work with. Maybe it's true.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Don't see how it could hurt Obama too bad. He started out the meeting criticizing Sarkozy over the Palestinian statehood UN vote thingy.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Obama and Sarkozy hate the Prime Minister of Israel? How completely predictable.

The thing I don't get is why these guys are doing open mics, surely they're well known enough to get a headlining spot or even sell out a theater.
That deserved a laugh.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
"You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him every day!"
I'm sure the feeling is mutual, douchebag. Netanyahu just isn't retarded enough to blabber into an open mic about it.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I didn't know France was still run by the Vichy regime. Terrific.

despite the French wanting everyone to believe that they were cowards in WWII the truth is they were collaborators, and to this day they still hate jews, plus France has a serious muslim population problem, so it wouldn't surprise me if Sarkozy wanted something like this to happen as a way of appeasing the muslims in France - from what I understand the muslim sections of Paris are practically autonomous zones and have nothing to do with the gov't

and we know Little Barry personally hates jews but he needs their money and votes, of course most US jews are of the collaborator type anyway.

after Putin, Netanyahu is probably the smartest world leader out there so of course an imbecile like the current POTUS is not going to like dealing with him.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
He obviously knew he was being recorded, and managed to say slightly inflammatory things which were perfectly worded to be both passably PC and be good, hard talking points for his agenda.

How is this significant in any way?

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
He obviously knew he was being recorded, and managed to say slightly inflammatory things which were perfectly worded to be both passably PC and be good, hard talking points for his agenda.

How is this significant in any way?

its not, but its just something to fill the time on the 24 / 7 cable news channels and talk radio shows

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
its not, but its just something to fill the time on the 24 / 7 cable news channels and talk radio shows
I suspect the "accidental" hot mike is a fraud. He didn't say anything compromising or out-of-character. His true believers like the above get their red meat and he gets to sound like a tough guy without appearing purposely unpresidential.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Yea but the French muslims still hate Bibi more than they hate Sarkozy

besides those laws are not enforced in the muslims parts of town, I doubt mail even gets delivered there
That's all well and good but, how do you explain the fact that you thought that France has a serious muslim population problem, and you wouldn't be surprised if Sarkozy wanted something like this to happen as a way of appeasing the muslims in France?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
He's the president. If he's not on the shitter, he knows he's being recorded. Hell, I bet he's even recorded on the shitter.
There should be a wing in every Presidential library dedicated to shitting and vomiting audio.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Wow, Obama doesn't like someone who refuses to faun over him and suck his fucking cock? What a shocker.