Open Programs with???

Ok lets say i downloaded a BMW pointer off the internet and i want to use it on my computer. The Open With box appears on WIN 98
What program do i select to open this program with?

Guido

If you're going through hell........KEEP GOING!!!
I need more info to answer this one.

Is it in Zip format and or do you have a Unzipping program. Or is it unzipped already?

Sometime's just changing the file name to ".ani" or ".cur" works.

To do this:
(put the bmw file in a folder if it's not in one already)
- goto to "view" (on windows menu bar in the folder you just made)

- select "folder options"

- you'll see 3 options....select "veiw"

- look for the "Hide file extentions for known file types" and uncheck it, click apply

- now goto that bmw file....if it's a cursor...change it to Filename.cur and if it's animated...change it to Fileman.ani
(I used filename becuz I dont know what the name is of the BMW file...so use the name it gave you and just change the ani/cur part)

To rehide the file extentions...just recheck the box again.

<font size="1" color=000000>Edited on 03-04-2001 by: Guido.</font>

Ok Guido i am still having problems trying to install that BMW file.

Here is the file name bmw_m3w1.ani

What do i open this up with my friend does have Winzip on his computer.

Guido

ok good....so then it's already unzipped......alls ya gotta do it place it in your windows folder called "cursors"
After that goto:
start/settings/control panel
from here double click the mouse icon. then select the "pointers" tab from the menu and browse to the windows folder you just put it in and apply it.

Cool thanks Guido i did it last night i now know how to do it not hard at all. You Rock!!!

Guido

Good, so then it worked out for you I take it. That'll be $20 please

Food Stamps? Whatchu talkin bout! We got this! *whips out card with the Quest logo on it* Keep up with the times my brotha! *rofl*

------------------
Akane you dummy!!!!

Your local anime resident. :)

Holy shit i didnt know that so they replaced Food Stamps with like a credit card thats cool i gotta get one.

Oh yeah... It's great! I didn't think The Food Emporium accepted that since it is a ritzy supermarket chain. Where else are you gonna see people buying up to $200 in groceries? Well I saw one guy come in and use it, and I was like, 'Well I'm stupified!'

------------------
Akane you dummy!!!!

Holy shit i would never expect that. There one of those supermarkets here in Jersey City.

The one work at should be called, "The Jewish Emporium"...

------------------
Akane you dummy!!!!

What type of Jews do you see there those regular look like us Jews or those Curly Frie yamaha wearing jews?