Opie and Anthony Listening Thread- 11/21/2012- Highly Competent Group of Super-Fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
hi

purityofspirit

Oct 6, 2012
wassup

fucking lonesome thanksgiving in asia here

here's food for thought:

i know some americans, studying abroad, and when i first met them we were all super friendly, we raged and stayed up for some division 1 games.

but it's weirdly common for americans, especially when they're from the midwest, to be super friendly at first but then after you know them a while they just become impossible to talk to. extremely uncomfortable when you talk about anything they're not familiar with, and disinterested as well, it's like talking to fucking brick walls. and as much as i hate europeans and other countries in general, americans really are the worst when it comes to this. a danish dude told me he had noticed this and told me a story about some passive-aggressive californians that just made my skin crawl.

I think it is basically a young, college-aged American problem though. Mental shut-ins. I think that because they all exist in cliques, there are very few type-a or otherwise independent personalities to go around. so when they're out of the group, they are relying on this passive, "part of the group" behavior that doesn't work when you meet other kinds of people.

bunch of cornfed motherfuckers. whenever i talk to guys in their late 20s, most black dudes in general or alpha male type guys, this is less of a thing, so i think it's the beta male herd mentality shit

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I'm a beta male so I can answer all your beta male questions.

purityofspirit

Oct 6, 2012
when you and your beta male friends walk by your attractive and unattainable female friend and you say something and poke her in the side and she pokes you back and you giggle with your other male friend, what are you talking about?

how do you decide whether to wear blue, striped, or khaki shorts with your flip-flops?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
when you and your beta male friends walk by your attractive and unattainable female friend and you say something and poke her in the side and she pokes you back and you giggle with your other male friend, what are you talking about?
Her being on the rotisserie the previous night.

how do you decide whether to wear blue, striped, or khaki shorts with your flip-flops?
I don't like having my legs bare. Even around the house I'm wearing sweatpants, real pants, or nothing.

rockpup

Sick Puppy
Jun 2, 2005
Souf Florida
I remember noticing that phony friendly bullshit in 3rd grade when put in a Detroit Catholic school. Everyone very friendly till they find out our family was not from the right neighborhood, then I was cast off.

purityofspirit

Oct 6, 2012
Her being on the rotisserie the previous night.

I don't like having my legs bare. Even around the house I'm wearing sweatpants, real pants, or nothing.
when you're discussing your shared love of Radiohead with a girl, in what order do you reveal your favorite albums?

which company produces the best emasculated squarish eyeglass frames to complement your awful pseudo crew cut?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
when you're discussing your shared love of Radiohead with a girl, in what order do you reveal your favorite albums?
What's your problem with Radiohead?

which company produces the best emasculated squarish eyeglass frames to complement your awful pseudo crew cut?
How can eyeglass frames be emasculated? Do they even have feelings? And my hair is kind of a mess, I don't do crew cuts.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
I think PoS is trying too hard to be engaging and thoughtful.
Either that, or he's trying to stir up shit, and failing miserably.

purityofspirit

Oct 6, 2012
How can eyeglass frames be emasculated? Do they even have feelings? And my hair is kind of a mess, I don't do crew cuts.
i guess emasculating

caillou legit has leukemia, it's part of the show

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
So... At least I can wear Knicks gear again without feeling like a total schmuck.

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
Gee, read the book before the guest comes in. What a concept!

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Happy Thanksgiving eve, you bunch of turkeys lolololol

Fuck Im tired.

Sep 7, 2007
Maryland
Obama could lower Ant's taxes to 0%, make it legal for him to bang 16 year olds and let him buy ground to air missels to take to the range and Ant would still be saying "any fucking president would have done that!"

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
Bush and Clinton both passed on OBL.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Vos knows as much about Israel and being Jewish as he does about rocket science.

rockpup

Sick Puppy
Jun 2, 2005
Souf Florida
Chick McGee?
He's the only dude on that show I could stand.
After Ron and Ton split up, and the good local morning guy had too many alcoholic breakdowns B&T was the best option for morning radio here till I heard O&A and the drilldo on XM.

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
After Ron and Ton split up, and the good local morning guy had too many alcoholic breakdowns B&T was the best option for morning radio here till I heard O&A and the drilldo on XM.
Before O+A, all I had was Bob and Tom and their ridiculous, over the top, fake laughter and shitty, schticky bits.
Ohhhh...Dickens Cider? Got it.
Pinkly Tauras? Got it.
Boob man!? Ayup.

Sep 7, 2007
Maryland
How dare Obama look up to his father!

(Ant's craziness is reaching stupidity.)

mikek

Fatty made love to a cupcake
Feb 15, 2005
Massachusettsville
Wow. Ant is ranting against Obama. Almost as shocking as Fez sobbing on air.

Status
Not open for further replies.