Opie announces "Decade Of Dominance" a weekly O&A request show

evan152

Nov 4, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
This is what Opie wrote on FaceBook
New Years Day 'Decade of Dominance' special. Call 866-385-4631 now, to request segments from the past 10years.

In 2015 this will be a regular once a week feature. The all request show.

Let me cut to the chase:

No I don't get paid extra for playing me and Anthony's old stuff.
It's a great way to keep our brand going. This was one of the many stipulations I demanded before deciding to continue with SiriusXM.

Last edited:

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Awesome, so SXM finally found youtube.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
So permanent Fridays off and no more Bennington. Lovely.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
So permanent Fridays off and no more Bennington. Lovely.
If so, much sadness. Mebbe they'll carve out a slice of Friday for Ron and daughter, like they do for Sammy.

Yes, I'm a hopeful sumbitch.

Oct 4, 2004
Las Vegas
If so, much sadness. Mebbe they'll carve out a slice of Friday for Ron and daughter, like they do for Sammy.

Yes, I'm a hopeful sumbitch.
Or it could be replayed later in the day, or on weekends.

Pardon me while I drink from my half-full glass of water.

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
Play Bennington in the AM and put the best of on in the PM. Sam's garbage is best suited for the 3AM slot.

Kobrakai NYC

Sep 3, 2008
There is no way around it. Ant's firing was not his fault, but Opie got a pay bump to work less because of it. Chris Rock nailed it.....sometimes racism pays, or whatever his quote was.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
There is no way around it. Ant's firing was not his fault, but Opie got a pay bump to work less because of it.
This.

Jimmy too.

Right now I'd say Ant's career and national appeal hangs in the balance. Life's a bitch that way ...

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Right now I'd say Ant's career and national appeal hangs in the balance. Life's a bitch that way ...
If he doesn't do something to jumpstart TACS soon I doubt he will have many more subs than the people who signed up for annual in the beginning. Yet somehow as weak as an Ant solo show is, it is still more entertaining than an Opie/Jimmy/Sam discussion.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
If he doesn't do something to jumpstart TACS soon I doubt he will have many more subs than the people who signed up for annual in the beginning. Yet somehow as weak as an Ant solo show is, it is still more entertaining than an Opie/Jimmy/Sam discussion.
I wonder what Ant will do when the numbers start dropping hard. Try to fix it or call up someone at Sirius?

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
Sometimes.

One of these days I'll make up my mind and maybe pull the plug on the monthly auto-renewal. It's not about the money, other than it's hard to justify when I never watch and never listen live and end up a big handful of shows behind. I'm a creature of habit and my habit is to drop in and listen for awhile, which doesn't work so well when there isn't a lot of variety in the content. Ant himself is terrific, entertaining, funny, ... but he hasn't been as successful at finding a workable formula as O&J imho.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2011
CLT
I wonder what Ant will do when the numbers start dropping hard. Try to fix it or call up someone at Sirius?
He is in a weird spot, I think SXM is out for a while at least and I assume he will stay until the initial annual subs expire. Outside of getting a solid cohost (or coshosts), I am not sure what he can do. Then on top of all this, the quality of the feed with it's technical glitches is NOT helping.

Ant himself is terrific, entertaining, funny, ... but he hasn't been as successful at finding a workable formula as O&J imho.
Yeah, O&J's working formula is a comic third mic that isn't Sam Roberts.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Ant's like a regular Carson when it comes to guests. And by that I mean he gets Long Island 8s.

They may never 'drop hard' but they may stagnate or bleed slowly.
What about when the year sub run out?

EDIT: The impression I got was that TACS was never anything more than a show for Cumia fans by Cumia. I never got the sense he was trying to expand his audience.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
Yeah, O&J's working formula is a comic third mic that isn't Sam Roberts.
A bit simplistic ... Multiple-day rotation of third mic sit-ins, after an hour+ of O&J with the staff ... It clunks sometimes and it works sometimes, but it's not likely to get stale for the frequent drop-in listener like me and it wasn't a major change to the folks who hung on after Ant's unfortunate demise.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
EDIT: The impression I got was that TACS was never anything more than a show for Cumia fans by Cumia. I never got the sense he was trying to expand his audience.
Then I would question Anthony's business sense, given his professed fondness for a full-flowing revenue stream.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
This has been great so far. O&A need to figure something out together. Both shows fading away like this is not how you want to go out.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Stern promos are back. Ugh. I guess Opie won one battle and lost another.

evan152

Nov 4, 2014
Winnipeg, MB