Opie & Anthony iphone app

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
A while ago someone posted a link to an O & A iphone app that had a soundboard, instant feedback, links to their twitter feeds, etc. all in the app. My fiance has it on her phone and I've been trying to find it now that I actually have an iphone and can't. Search turned up nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
There's an Android app called "Opie and Anthony Instant Feedback" and I believe they have it for iPhone also, but it doesn't include a soundboard or anything like that, and it's the only app I ever heard of.

Space Edge

Aug 23, 2008
Florida
I sent that guy all those sound clips and he only updated it once to remove some sounds that had some copyright issues then he never updated it again.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
I sent that guy all those sound clips and he only updated it once to remove some sounds that had some copyright issues then he never updated it again.
I have a feeling copyright issues is the reason it's not around anymore.

devsfan1830

Sep 13, 2007
Alexandria, VA
Anybody know who the original programmer was for the rundown app and if he's still on Wackbag? I would love to know if his app was removed for content or if its because he stopped paying to be a developer. Either one would cause the app to disappear. I can still get it from my purchased app section so i hope that means it was the latter. I'm coding an app myself, with all the sounds from that old app, the stuff southern fried pest used in his (I will of course credit him in the app if he wishes), along with some new ones (SOOO...Isn't This GREAT?!, etc). Its going to be 100+ sounds in all. Either way I'm gonna see if it'll hold up in the app store. I'm sure I'll need to take sounds out eventually. Knowing the real reason behind the originals disappearance would help my confidence.

Also, I would like to add the instant feedback feature but I'm really not sure how to do it. Is there a known good email address that connects to instant feedback? I've googled for it and came across a few options but without being able to test it I'd rather not be sending to an invalid address. Is there a way to send to the wackbag form via some API? And help or suggestions is appreaciated. If you have any sound clips or feature requests please PM me.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Do they still do instant feedback? Remember the old school site, with the IF link, the stinky cam, pics of whipped cream bikini? Good old days...

devsfan1830

Sep 13, 2007
Alexandria, VA
Do they still do instant feedback? Remember the old school site, with the IF link, the stinky cam, pics of whipped cream bikini? Good old days...
I could swear I hear Opie mention instant feedback saying stuff every now and then. I just don't know if hes referring to twitter, facebook, paltalk or an inhouse program. Depending on waht they use I might be able to patch something together.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Slapping the O&A name on anything seem like a sure fire way to get a letter from Sirius/XM. They don't seem to keen on sharing.

devsfan1830

Sep 13, 2007
Alexandria, VA
very cool. when can we expect it?
Not sure, still trying to decide how to handle that many sounds. I want to try grouping them in some way rather than just having 8 pages of sounds. Want to make it possible to jump to a clip you want with minimal hassle. Plus this is my first time programming in Mac. Having used a similar tool and language in Windows helps, but it's still mostly trial and error. I'd like to make this as complete as possible to minimize updates. That way if it gets yanked, those who still ahve it have more of a complete soundboard than the last app.

devsfan1830

Sep 13, 2007
Alexandria, VA
Slapping the O&A name on anything seem like a sure fire way to get a letter from Sirius/XM. They don't seem to keen on sharing.
Sure its possible. But the old app disappeared without a trace and O&A had mentioned it on air and seemed to support it. When it was yanked there was no mention of that happening. I'm sure they would have bitched about the company if it was yanked for a C&D from SiriusXM. Thats why I'm inclined to believe it was because the app dev only made that one app and stopped paying the $99/yr developer fee, not knowing it would pull the app down. I can delete it from my phone and still redownload it from iCloud. I don't think that would be possible if it were removed for copyright reasons since apple can choose to bar apps from redownload via iCloud for those reasons. They just cant actively delete it from your phone (yet). Like those tethering apps. If you have it on your device or PC, you can keep using it. But lose it and you're fucked. That's why I'm going to put mine up for free, with no ads, and wish for the best. I'll link it here when its done since I don't have any new post privileges.

Space Edge

Aug 23, 2008
Florida
The guy probably let his dev account lapse. To be honest if a app isn't updated frequently or it dosen't have a real purpose it's pretty much useless after a couple of times.

You want some beta testers? Do you happen to use TestFlight ? https://testflightapp.com/ It's free to use.

moviemogul

Aug 23, 2007
This is why I'm glad I kept VLC Media Player for iOS. Sucks that it was pulled, but I still can load my shows on it.

devsfan1830

Sep 13, 2007
Alexandria, VA
The guy probably let his dev account lapse. To be honest if a app isn't updated frequently or it dosen't have a real purpose it's pretty much useless after a couple of times.

You want some beta testers? Do you happen to use TestFlight ? https://testflightapp.com/ It's free to use.
Don't think beta testing will be necessary since its a pretty basic soundboard app so far but thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind if I feel the need to expand testing before submission. At the start I will probably just have sound boards and maybe a phone link to call the show like the previous app. Instant feedback added later if I can figure out how the hell its done. I can tweak the interface graphics with app updates if people have ideas. If people could help gather new sounds I would really appreciate it and credit any contributors in the app. So far the majority of the app are sounds from here: http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3482/oasb10b4oq9.swf, and whatever was in the old app. So if you guys have any sound files you want to see added please post them here. If you don't have actual files you can describe what it is, but I cant guarantee I'll find it.

devsfan1830

Sep 13, 2007
Alexandria, VA
This is why I'm glad I kept VLC Media Player for iOS. Sucks that it was pulled, but I still can load my shows on it.
Yeah, but they supposedly have a new VLC player submitted to Apple that fixes the licensing issue that got the last one pulled. The old one was ok but it choked with a few file types. It would have probably been better if it wasn't yanked. I'd love to not need to convert stuff before loading it on my ipad. I just need it to handle 720p mkv files.

devsfan1830

Sep 13, 2007
Alexandria, VA
Also, if anyone has clean audio of Jimmy saying "DOES he?", "DO ya?", "IS it?", etc. please pm me. I would love to have a set of these for use in the app.

devsfan1830

Sep 13, 2007
Alexandria, VA
You're a dev and can't figger out how to embed image files here on Wackbag? :action-sm
Well in my case the term "dev" is used loosely. I did C# windows programming in college, never did anything intended for release. I'm fully aware of how to post images in forums, but this particular forum needs a direct link to a hosted image. I have yet to find anything that does this when uploading screenshots from an iPhone. Sorry it took you the extra click. I promise I'll do better in the future. ;)

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
idea: allow customization of location of buttons, create a favorites section , random button or scrolling list.

Stop sounds button.

Custom buttons.

devsfan1830

Sep 13, 2007
Alexandria, VA
idea: allow customization of location of buttons, create a favorites section , random button or scrolling list.

Stop sounds button.

Custom buttons.
Great suggestions. The initial release will have a stop sound button, and sounds will be on multiple pages navigated by tapping a forward and back button or by swiping left and right. I'm looking into breaking them into sections based on content but they don't seem to divide nicely enough. Might need to just break them up alphabetically. A random sound button is totally do-able, can probably put that in for initial release as well. I can look into doing a fav's section down the road. Moveable buttons would be AWESOME but I think that's beyond the power of the basic SDK and my own skill set. I'm pretty sure that gets into the territory of using a graphics engine. Could expand on "custom buttons"? I MIGHT be able to access the camera roll to set button images, or allow user renaming, but that's about it. If you mean rearranging what sounds are on what buttons, that might need to come later as I get more practice with the SDK.

As it stands now, this app will require iOS 5.x. This is due to the fact that most of the interface code and page transitions are based on new iOS5 SDK features and will not work on older iOS versions. I will work on an iPad mode when I can if people want it. It wouldn't be that hard as most of it would be copy and pasting code and reorganizing it for the larger screen.