Opie & Anthony Listening Thread 2/27/13 - Twitter Diva!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
That Catholic guy is exactly why we have so much partisanship on social issues.

The church is never wrong and they believe what the priest or pastor tells them. No questioning.

He may not mean it to sound like that, but he did basically dismiss the weight of that fact that the church did systematically ignore these issues. Plus the argument he used shows he has probably done this before. Nothing but an apologist because he refuses to believe that guys like the Pope put the business of religion above children and the parishioners who believed their kid was safe with a priest.

I was raised Catholic too, and I think besides my 84 year old grandmother, none of my family is active anymore. They don't want to be associated with the organization, let alone put something in the collection basket on Sunday.
The flip side of this is Jimmy claiming 20 percent of priests molest children. There are almost half a million priests in the world. If there were 100,000 priests running around fucking kids we'd have a major problem.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
This entire oversensitivity and anger over everything is part of the reason I left O+A. Gay as it sounds, one reason I still stick with R+F is because it actually makes me want to enjoy things. When they discuss sports, it makes me wish I was into sports and could appreciate the history and pioneers of basketball dunks. When they discuss music or films, I tend to seek them out. But with O+A, it got to a point where it it was just about hating everything and everyone and finding new ways to condemn the media ("the news is hypocritical? You don't say!"). I'm not saying their points were invalid, but, and this sounds hypocritical coming from me, the rampant negativity really turned me off of the show. And obviously, a lot of it comes with them being dissatisfied with their careers or where they are right now or whatever, which leads to their insane superiority complexes. But I stopped feeling bad for them and just stopped caring.
Listening thread ... why?????

phillyfranko

Jun 1, 2010
south of philly
Of course Liberal Jimmy wants a black pope. If that's where we're going, I don't want some frail, femmy African. I want a bad-ass motherfucker.
Ronnie B said his parents will croak if we have a Black President and a Black Pope...That is funny.

phillyfranko

Jun 1, 2010
south of philly
Enjoying the show and the LT ...and I may bash opie now and then but I do Love and Respect him.He is good people and hope to meet him soon. I have met Ant and Jimmy several times, and both were super cool.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Enjoying the show and the LT ...and I may bash opie now and then but I do Love and Respect him.He is good people and hope to meet him soon. I have met Ant and Jimmy several times, and both were super cool.
Would you go so far as to say you bash and compliment Opie?

KR1288

Mar 23, 2012
Lower Bucks
This entire oversensitivity and anger over everything is part of the reason I left O+A. Gay as it sounds, one reason I still stick with R+F is because it actually makes me want to enjoy things. When they discuss sports, it makes me wish I was into sports and could appreciate the history and pioneers of basketball dunks. When they discuss music or films, I tend to seek them out. But with O+A, it got to a point where it it was just about hating everything and everyone and finding new ways to condemn the media ("the news is hypocritical? You don't say!"). I'm not saying their points were invalid, but, and this sounds hypocritical coming from me, the rampant negativity really turned me off of the show. And obviously, a lot of it comes with them being dissatisfied with their careers or where they are right now or whatever, which leads to their insane superiority complexes. But I stopped feeling bad for them and just stopped caring.
I like the way you think

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Listening thread ... why?????
Today's thread was more about Board Happenings than the show itself, and as a member of the Board, I felt I had the right to comment. I also regularly post in threads I have no idea about. I have never seen an HitW movie either before or during the viewing party.

I like the way you think
I don't know enough about you to know if that's a good thing or a bad one. You're not FKU and you have a decent amount of Likes, so I'm going to accept it until someone else tells me otherwise.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Today's thread was more about Board Happenings than the show itself, and as a member of the Board, I felt I had the right to comment. I also regularly post in threads I have no idea about. I have never seen an HitW movie either before or during the viewing party.

I don't know enough about you to know if that's a good thing or a bad one. You're not FKU and you have a decent amount of Likes, so I'm going to accept it until someone else tells me otherwise.
I don't mind, I just like pointing out the irony.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I just wanted to post in this thread in the hopes that Jimmy is reading it at some point in the future.

Oct 4, 2004
Las Vegas
Seriously. If there's anything worse than a show on the decline, it's disgruntled fans who no longer enjoy the show anymore but won't stop complaining about it. I saw it while I was still on Stern forums, and now I'm seeing it here.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
How is "You post 5 times a day on a messageboard!" an insult when these fuckers are Twitter-obsessed to the point where they talk about Twitter bullshit for an hour at a time on an
internationally broadcasted radio show?

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I hate Opie's approach to religion with his kid. "I don't want to push my kids into religion". Well we all know that taking a 3 year old to Mass is the best way not to push him into being a Catholic. :rolleyes: He has good intentions, but is going about it all wrong.

The only way to not push a kid into religion is to not expose them to any religion whatsoever until they are old enough to reason. I am not saying teach the kid to be an atheist (which can be a positive assertion of knowledge), just do not expose them to the idea of any religion or god.
Even by sending the kid to a number of different religious institutions to expose him to the options creates a bias that a god exists, and that one of the religions is probably right about god's nature. By exposing him to any religion, he is pushing religion on the kid.

Sep 15, 2011
tennessee
He does have a point. They don't seem to have a very good track record running American Cities and Countries.
coincidentally they're usually cities that white people have left and taken the money with them.

i think if we could get a white guy running gary it'd be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.