Opie & Anthony Listening Thread 7/16/10 - Anthony was late, so is the thread

To the surprise of no one, apparently audio experts are saying that the tapes may have been tampered with now...

Stig

Fucking your mother.
Mel makes me want to just run around screaming "BLOOOOWWWW MEEEEE!!!" at the top of my lungs. But, ya know... I'm at work.

Stig

Fucking your mother.
To the surprise of no one, apparently audio experts are saying that the tapes may have been tampered with now...
I said that yesterday, and was totally ignored. Fuck you all! :action-sm

How do we know that this isn't just a remix like the listeners are doing? Maybe she was saying (or screaming) completely different shit.

English Gent

I bet the tampering turns out to be minor editing, noise reduction, or some such thing. I don't believe for a second that the tapes have been fabricated.

Stig and I called it yesterday:

Originally Posted by Stig
I'll reiterate my theory from earlier: Maybe these tapes themselves are re-mixes. Maybe the conversation was completely different, and she had someone change her side of the conversation.
In all honesty that doesn't seem too far fetched. She does seem like she's edited in. All calm while you have this raving lunatic on the other end.

I think the remixes have run their course. When they pull out the Jimmy Dean sausage guy, they have nothing left.

Tribulator

I was out of the room but I coulda sworn I heard a commercial for Big Kev's show? Are they bringing back weekend shows finally? (probably late to the party here)

I was out of the room but I coulda sworn I heard a commercial for Big Kev's show? Are they bringing back weekend shows finally? (probably late to the party here)
I'm sure no one here was listening that intently to the commercials. ESPECIALLY anything having to do with Big Kev.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
I think the remixes have run their course. When they pull out the Jimmy Dean sausage guy, they have nothing left.
Mel - funny
Sositch guy - funny

Mel + Sositch guy = not funnier than the individual parts

I'd rather more Dr. Steve
I actually enjoy that show. The first time I heard it, I put XM on expecting a worst of.. all I kept saying was WTF is this? Because of the shit they were talking about. I was fascinated and listened to the rest of the show. I'd definitely listen again if I find myself lonely and bored on a Saturday night. Which is more likely than not.

Perch1019

Remixes are never funny. Some of them make no sense yet they act like its the funniest thing.

English Gent

I may have to re-make that song.
Do an 8-minute, 12 inch version (whatever happened to the shitty practice of doing 12 inch versions, anyway, and why did anyone think it was a good idea in the first place?)

Remixes are never funny. Some of them make no sense yet they act like its the funniest thing.
Yeah I don't get that at all. Makes me wonder if I'm doesn't get the bit girl. They act like it's the funniest fucking thing they've EVER heard and I'm just like :sleeping

Guys. Please. For the love of GOD. Put away the fucking iPhones until 10:20.

Stig

Fucking your mother.
Do an 8-minute, 12 inch version (whatever happened to the shitty practice of doing 12 inch versions, anyway, and why did anyone think it was a good idea in the first place?)
Where they'd just pad out a song with a disco beat and a bunch of unrelated shit? Ugh. Hated that. There's a version of Blur's "Boys and Girls" that was remixed by the Pet Shop Boys, and it's SO AWFUL.

Stig

Fucking your mother.
Campin' with cupssss....he's the cupmeister...