Opie & Anthony mentions removed from SiriusXM Airwaves

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Had Raw Dog on in my car this afternoon... Noticed something strange.

They're really scrubbing content of ANY mention of Opie & Anthony...

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
An elephant never forgets.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Had Raw Dog on in my car this afternoon... Noticed something strange.

They're really scrubbing content of ANY mention of Opie & Anthony...
Do you think there's even the slightest chance that that had been edited long ago for some other benign reason?

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Do you think there's even the slightest chance that that had been edited long ago for some other benign reason?
Not at all. Why would you edit out the part of him digging deep into his songs to plug on a radio show, but then take out the mention of the radio show?
They'd just play the song cold if they were going to do that, or a different version of it without the Opie and Anthony intro.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Not at all. Why would you edit out the part of him digging deep into his songs to plug on a radio show, but then take out the mention of the radio show?
They'd just play the song cold if they were going to do that, or a different version of it without the Opie and Anthony intro.
I've heard a lot of weird edits of Opie and Anthony stuff for the worst ofs that have nothing to do with content, like they're trying to make a clip fit a specific time right down to the second. Of course, that's their own staff doing that, not the Raw Dog channel monkeys.

That's just such a bizarre edit, like who the fuck would take the time to do that when clearly they don't have a problem with Opie and Jim and the guests mentioning Anthony pretty much every day.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Florentine: WHY?!?!

Seriously, why would it be removed before the firing? Because of Howard?

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
I've heard a lot of weird edits of Opie and Anthony stuff for the worst ofs that have nothing to do with content, like they're trying to make a clip fit a specific time right down to the second. Of course, that's their own staff doing that, not the Raw Dog channel monkeys.

That's just such a bizarre edit, like who the fuck would take the time to do that when clearly they don't have a problem with Opie and Jim and the guests mentioning Anthony pretty much every day.
When the bit popped up, I said jokingly to myself "Watch, they scrub the Opie & Anthony name from this bit..." And when they did, I was honestly shocked.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Florentine: WHY?!?!

Seriously, why would it be removed before the firing? Because of Howard?
I don't know. I was just thinking out loud.

You should tweet that to them. Maybe Opie will finally shit on Sirius again.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Tweeted to Anthony. Didn't think to tweet to Opie.
Well, they cut him out too. I kind of wish they would've been more obvious, like leave Opie's name but edit out Anthony's and change "they" to a poorly spliced "him" :D

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Well, they cut him out too. I kind of wish they would've been more obvious, like leave Opie's name but edit out Anthony's and change "they" to a poorly spliced "him" :D
I posted it to Reddit, so I'm sure it'll get to someone on the show.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
I have noticed a lot of weird edits when I have Rawdog on waiting for R&F, as if they further shorten clips just to fit them within a certain block of time. I bet it was just shortened to fit into a certain block of time, better to remove the banter before his song than cut out any of the song. It's like Opie accelerated, sometimes the cut is in a natural spot so they can move on to the next show, sometimes they cut out practically in mid discussion.

If Opie and Jim were advised by SXM that they are no longer allowed to mention Ant then I would believe there was something to this. This just seems like some paranoid Reddit shit, nothing to see here move along.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
I have noticed a lot of weird edits when I have Rawdog on waiting for R&F, as if they further shorten clips just to fit them within a certain block of time. I bet it was just shortened to fit into a certain block of time, better to remove the banter before his song than cut out any of the song. It's like Opie accelerated, sometimes the cut is in a natural spot so they can move on to the next show, sometimes they cut out practically in mid discussion.

If Opie and Jim were advised by SXM that they are no longer allowed to mention Ant then I would believe there was something to this. This just seems like some paranoid Reddit shit, nothing to see here move along.
Yeah, removing "Opie and Anthony" but leaving in the rest of the banter in, referring to the show after the mention, makes sense.

Are you kidding me?

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
BTW, anyone know who "ShakesTheClown-" is on Reddit? Every time I post something there, he seems oddly personal in attacking me... Like even worse than @Hog's Big Ben back in the day. Also seems to be a big fan of @fletcher.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
BTW, anyone know who "ShakesTheClown-" is on Reddit? Every time I post something there, he seems oddly personal in attacking me. Also seems to be a big fan of @fletcher.
I promise you its not me. Shit, Im not a fan of me.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
BTW, anyone know who "ShakesTheClown-" is on Reddit? Every time I post something there, he seems oddly personal in attacking me... Like even worse than @Hog's Big Ben back in the day. Also seems to be a big fan of @fletcher.
I personally know the General over there. I'll ask around.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Yeah, removing "Opie and Anthony" but leaving in the rest of the banter in, referring to the show after the mention, makes sense.

Are you kidding me?
What benefit or detriment is there in mentioning O&A, or Anthony is there to SXM? Ron mentions Ant, and his show often on Rawdog. I am sure he has mentioned Ant more than O&J have since the firing.

Pretty sure I heard one of Norton's bits recently on Rawdog where he mentions the O&A show.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
What benefit or detriment is there in mentioning O&A, or Anthony is there to SXM? Ron mentions Ant, and his show often on Rawdog. I am sure he has mentioned Ant more than O&J have since the firing.

Pretty sure I heard one of Norton's bits recently on Rawdog where he mentions the O&A show.
It was a weird edit, though. The clip needed literally a second clipped off from it?