Opie & Gordon Ramsay

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
*SPOILER ALERT*

Today Opie recounted a story where Don Wicklin & wife took him, Lindsay(his finance), Ron and Ron's wife to a 5-star restaurant. He was led past the bar, the regular tables, the very spacious VIP tables in the 5-star restaurant to the kitchen where he was seated at The Chef's Table!

But it gets better, Gordon James Ramsay was present and was leading his top chefs in The London!

And Gordon Ramsay had his individual chefs present ten courses on
Valentine's Day to each of the couples! And Opie, unaware that he was getting such a personalized food service by A if not The Top Chef of The World,

...and in true Opie fashion

...did Ratatoulli jokes and was bothered by the hot temperature of the kitchen! He was complete unawares of how such a honor and once-in-a-lifetime event this was!

Besides Gordon Ramsay being the star of 1 cable show and 2 network shows, it is not like their paths have not crossed in the past: Gordon Ramsay and Hell's Kitchen has been mentioned by Anthony several times on the show. Also a headhunter for Kitchen Nightmares, which Gordon Ramsey is the star, had approached Opie's brother, Bret, about doing a show at F.H. Riley's in the heart of Huntington Villagge. Gordon Ramsay has been on Fox & Friends, GMTV, Live with Regis and Kelly, The View, Ellen, Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Show with David Letterman, etc.

What was this like in analogy form to get across how great this was?

Pearce

Dec 16, 2007
Ohio
Isn't it funny how some people actually think that's some magnificent event?

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Mr. Ron Bennington calls in to discuss their experience at The London on Valentine's Day with Chef Gordon Ramsay.

vegasbob

Mar 7, 2005
Vegas Baby
...and in true Opie fashion

...did Ratatoulli jokes and was bothered by the hot temperature of the kitchen! He was complete unawares of how such a honor and once-in-a-lifetime event this was!

Haha, Opie doesn't know how to live like a Fancy Man. Linger Longer

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
Opie now has one of the fancier residences in the city, so I'm kind of surpirsed that he's not cultured in the ways of gastronomy.
but seriously, where does wicklin get that type of money?

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
That would really be amazing if there is interest in Kitchen Nightmares doing FH Riley's.

But everytime I watch, I think, although the proprietors might look like asses for a while, once the intelligencia picks up on that Ramsay had something to do with altering your menu, that can only be good for business. And when you consider the fat cats in Long Island waiting for nice places, it might be the kind of thing that gets Opie's brother to really thrive.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
here is an intro from one of the better episodes of his show....
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=xs6vhQE8V0E[/media]

vegasbob

Mar 7, 2005
Vegas Baby
Just listening to todays show & Opie is a Country Bumpkin. Holy Shit what a once in a life time event & thinks that Gordon is the waiter.

Max Johnson

Oct 14, 2004
It seemed like Opie was overselling how oblivious he was as to who this guy was. I'm going to have to call Bravo Sierra at least to some extent.

sd187

yousabird
Mar 13, 2005
That would really be amazing if there is interest in Kitchen Nightmares doing FH Riley's.
If Kitchen Nightmares does a show on your restaurant you're in trouble.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I heard Opie talking about how he didn't know who Ramsey was. When the dessert cart was brought around he said "Gordon, you've come...back!"

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
5 Star? not sure about that

J

jimcy

from the at the london restaurant
Dress Code: Smart with jackets preferred for gentlemen
yes fancy indeed

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004

NotSoFast

Apr 23, 2006
Thibodaux, LA USA
It seemed like Opie was overselling how oblivious he was as to who this guy was. I'm going to have to call Bravo Sierra at least to some extent.
:clap::clap::clap:

The way he kept saying "whaaat?" so innocently. Pure bit as to his disinterest in the evening is concerned.