Opie plays Omaha

hime

typical shitdick
Dec 3, 2001
Denton, TX
With only two cards? I play a lot of low level Omaha 8 on Full Tilt, I wonder if I've played with him...

Actually, I stacked a guy three times on three different tables last night in the space of ten minutes, maybe that was him.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
He's a good boy. I think he tries to be one of the guys sometimes. He does does the same thing with sports too and gets in a bit over his head.

Probably Stoned

I am not good at this.[edited]
Jul 26, 2005
Humboldt County Ca.
I HATE playing omaha. It has got to be one of the crappiest games to try and learn strategy from...too many odds to count. Oh wait....that wasn't the question.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I HATE playing omaha. It has got to be one of the crappiest games to try and learn strategy from...too many odds to count. Oh wait....that wasn't the question.
Omaha Hi/Lo would be crappier to try and learn the strategy.

But really the odds are the same for every game of poker no? The same deck of cards is used, the hands all have the same value.

hime

typical shitdick
Dec 3, 2001
Denton, TX
No. Not even close.

Omaha 8 played limit is actually a trivial game to learn on some level.

(I play PLO8 mostly.)

Probably Stoned

I am not good at this.[edited]
Jul 26, 2005
Humboldt County Ca.
But really the odds are the same for every game of poker no? The same deck of cards is used, the hands all have the same value.
Not really.... In Hold'em, with say 5 players, ten cards will be dealt before the flop and you don't need to use either of your hole cards, Vs. twenty cards dealt in an Omaha game two of which must be used.

There are less cards remaining in the deck, there are more combinations of hands that can be made. I tell ya the odds are different from Hold'em.

hime

typical shitdick
Dec 3, 2001
Denton, TX
That and the hand values are different for what will win at showdown.

progambler2

Oct 28, 2007
Its radio people...............

Its meant for entertainment.

What was funny was opie "correcting" his flush to a straight

Also pretty hard (impossible) to make a straight in Omaha with just 72o

Anybody who has played Omaha high or Omaha hi/lo knows you get delt 4 cards.

As already stated limit Omaha hi/lo is much less complex to learn than Limit holdem.

Its a game of scooping hands (that normally have A2 in them) along with nut hands post flop.
Amazingly its a game that is horribly played and very profitable for the person
who is mildly expert.

When played pot limit, O8 is the real "fish crusher". Bad players lose their money very quickly.

One of my Fav games is Stud hi/lo (stud 8) mainly because most players play
so badly.
At this years WSOP I entered the Stud 8, Horse and Shoe events.

The play was really really bad in the non holdem games.

hime

typical shitdick
Dec 3, 2001
Denton, TX
I've been enjoying E a lot lately... I played in the HORSE tourney at Cherokee in Tulsa a couple weeks ago. Got really deep, 25th of 152, but unfortunately did not cash.

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
Opie seems to have a lot of luck with his favorite hand, <Opie> "2-7-off shoot" </Opie> This is the second time he has mentioned winning with it and clearing tables.

hime

typical shitdick
Dec 3, 2001
Denton, TX
Yeah, I think he was exaggerating/playing dumb there, making it easy to relate to by stating it in H terms. This is why I think I played against Opie... the same guy on 3 tables shoved with complete crap. The third table, he lingered (longer!) but never said anything when I tried to talk him into reloading.

The name of the guy though, doesn't seem right. Opie doesn't seem to enjoy coffee that much.

judoGTI

))) 202MX (((
Aug 30, 2004
He wasnt playing poker. Its just 'undercover' advertising, and full tilt is a sponser. Notice how he named dropped the site he was on. You'll pick up some of these sponsors from time to time. Apple is another. Guerilla radio marketing or something is what its called.