Opie Radio Podcast

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Capital = money.... Anthony isn’t stupid enough to just say to Opie “here buddy, take half my business” but he is smart enough to say double the money of the business with a capital investment.
He’s recently upgraded the site and apps so I’m thinking he doesn’t need The Opsters money.

4 years. Such a failure!

LineBackerU

There is a good chance I am blocking you.
Donator
Oct 14, 2002
The most entertaining thing about this thread is discovering there are people (using that term loosely) that think AntH and KeitH are genius businessmen who spend money wisely.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
He’s recently upgraded the site and apps so I’m thinking he doesn’t need The Opsters money.

4 years. Such a failure!
Definitely not with 100k subscribers.

I don’t think it was about needing money, more “I’ve built this thing, it’s valuable and generates lots of cash, and if you want in you should have to buy into it.” Which makes perfect sense from a financial perspective. I don’t think anyone disputes that, even Opie.

The question that Fez Man doesn’t seem to get is why would he make that offer to someone he hates so much?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Definitely not with 100k subscribers.

I don’t think it was about needing money, more “I’ve built this thing, it’s valuable and generates lots of cash, and if you want in you should have to buy into it.” Which makes perfect sense from a financial perspective. I don’t think anyone disputes that, even Opie.

The question that Fez Man doesn’t seem to get is why would he make that offer to someone he hates so much?
I answered that question several times, because he can, and an influx of Opie cash wouldn’t have been a bad thing, you know one of us is a moron, is it the guy that understands that it’s perfectly ok to take money from someone you hate, or is it the guy that can’t grasp the concept that is perfectly ok to take money from a guy you hate...

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I answered that question several times, because he can, and an influx of Opie cash wouldn’t have been a bad thing, you know one of us is a moron, is it the guy that understands that it’s perfectly ok to take money from someone you hate, or is it the guy that can’t grasp the concept that is perfectly ok to take money from a guy you hate...
I’m well aware that one of us is a moron.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
@Pigdango's point is that it's not "here's a check, send me my dividends, talk to you never." He's re-establishing a business relationship - and one that would probably be a reasonably close one. Opie would be there to re-establish his own broadcasting career, which includes doing his own show, bringing in shows, promotions, etc. But if he's a guy Anthony finds so personally abhorrent that he can't stop obsessing over his personal foibles years after they've worked together, then having him as an actual partner - not a silent partner a real deal face of the network involved partner - wouldn't make sense. Especially because Opie seems like the type of guy who'd unintentionally become a micromanager because he has so many great ideas and totally knows what work #WhoWouldntListenToThat?! and Anthony started CompoundMedia to avoid that.

So at least one of those premises doesn't ring true.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
@Pigdango's point is that it's not "here's a check, send me my dividends, talk to you never." He's re-establishing a business relationship - and one that would probably be a reasonably close one. Opie would be there to re-establish his own broadcasting career, which includes doing his own show, bringing in shows, promotions, etc. But if he's a guy Anthony finds so personally abhorrent that he can't stop obsessing over his personal foibles years after they've worked together, then having him as an actual partner - not a silent partner a real deal face of the network involved partner - wouldn't make sense. Especially because Opie seems like the type of guy who'd unintentionally become a micromanager because he has so many great ideas and totally knows what work #WhoWouldntListenToThat?!?.

So at least one of those premises has to be false.
Not just personally abhorrent - professionally as well. He has expressed his disgust many times with the way Opie held his career for ransom with all his bullshit during contract negotiations. And it's not just that he hates him, it's the reason he hates him. He blames Opie for him getting fired at Sirius. Blames him for not going to bat for him when he got fired, and blames him for the fact that he can't go into Sirius to do Jimmy's show. Anthony blames Opie for every single thing that has gone wrong with his career, but I'm a moron for wondering why he'd want to go into business with him? :haha7: "Why not sell him half my business? He's only destroyed my entire career. I'm sure it will go better this time."

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Not just personally abhorrent - professionally as well. He has expressed his disgust many times with the way Opie held his career for ransom with all his bullshit during contract negotiations. And it's not just that he hates him, it's the reason he hates him. He blames Opie for him getting fired at Sirius. Blames him for not going to bat for him when he got fired, and blames him for the fact that he can't go into Sirius to do Jimmy's show. Anthony blames Opie for every single thing that has gone wrong with his career, but I'm a moron for wondering why he'd want to go into business with him? :haha7: "Why not sell him half my business? He's only destroyed my entire career. I'm sure it will go better this time."
I get that money going into a business is good, but is money going into a business good if the person who is going to have some level of control someone who you don't trust to run a business at all? Someone who you think will torpedo you and everything you've built because you believe they've done it before?

Is the premise that all we see is the check in front of our face? Are we not supposed to consider past dealings with said individuals? Are we not supposed to consider two, three moves ahead? Is all that matters the check? Is the essential premise that we are robots with zero capability for analysis?

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Where is this 100,000 subscribers fantasy coming from? If Opie and Jim left back when Anthony got fired, a free Opie and Anthony podcast wouldn't be able to pull 100,000 subscribers. They probably didn't even have one hundred thousand listeners at the end on Sirius.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Where is this 100,000 subscribers fantasy coming from? If Opie and Jim left back when Anthony got fired, a free Opie and Anthony podcast wouldn't be able to pull 100,000 subscribers. They probably didn't even have one hundred thousand listeners at the end on Sirius.
You're not allowed to question these things here.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Did anyone actually say 100k or was that Pigperbole?
I'm not sure what pigperbole is or why I'd be accused of it in this instance, but it came from here:

Primeperbole?

Woperbole?

Keith the Coperbole?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I get that money going into a business is good, but is money going into a business good if the person who is going to have some level of control someone who you don't trust to run a business at all? Someone who you think will torpedo you and everything you've built because you believe they've done it before?

Is the premise that all we see is the check in front of our face? Are we not supposed to consider past dealings with said individuals? Are we not supposed to consider two, three moves ahead? Is all that matters the check? Is the essential premise that we are robots with zero capability for analysis?
You are a robot that’s for sure

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Thinking about that 100k number, I bet it is annually. Around 10k a month sounds about right.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Won't let me post the link to his book on prime for whatever reason. This should work.

http://a.co/6JvNGyo
Today, Anthony Cumia is the co-host of the wildly popular “Anthony Cumia Show,” which live-streams to over 100,000 paid subscribers

100,000 people pay for his show. 27,000 follow him for free on Twitter. The math works out.

Co-hosting his own show is a big step up from co-hosting that other show.

That book better be good. It took two extra people to write it. All credit to Jimmy - two top ten NYT bestsellers, zero co-writers.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Thinking about that 100k number, I bet it is annually. Around 10k a month sounds about right.
The way it's worded makes it seem pretty clear that he's stating he has/had 100,000 subscribers.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Right, which is what they all do to conflate numbers. It's misleading but that's the point.
Oh, I have no doubt that it's a lie, I just don't know if it's derived from some truth. Even 10,000 a month seems high to me, but maybe I'm off base.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
You are a robot that’s for sure
Error.

That book better be good. It took two extra people to write it. All credit to Jimmy - two top ten NYT bestsellers, zero co-writers.
I wonder how many people here will read the book. I'm not opposed to reading the book, but I'm not particularly excited about it either. I'd give it a shot after putting a different cover on it. I hope it doesn't have that weird glue of self published books made to not look self published but the glue's always the key.

Right, which is what they all do to conflate numbers. It's misleading but that's the point.
Oh, I have no doubt that it's a lie, I just don't know if it's derived from some truth. Even 10,000 a month seems high to me, but maybe I'm off base.
I agree with both of youse guys.