Opie Radio Podcast

I think Jim and Sam pull in way more listeners than Opie or Anthony just because of availability. Podcasts have become pretty mainstream now but Sirius is still in 20 something million cars and trucks.
How could they not have great numbers, what with their riveting conversations on east coast vs. west coast froyo?

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Aren't book sale numbers easy to look up?
I guess we will get another free youtube show about Ant railing what a scumbag Opie is and Jim and Sam will shit on him too from their little-listened platform. The scary thing is that Ant probably has more listeners than Opie, Jim and Sam combined.
Opie?

Jim gets 50,000 views on YouTube for his Chip podcast. If he does numbers like that for Chip, I would assume that he and Sam have a decent amount more listeners than that.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Aren't book sale numbers easy to look up?
156 pre-sales copies so far on Amazon.
https://www.novelrank.com/asin/1642930911

Norton's book from a decade ago sold 13 copies in that same two-month timeframe.
https://www.novelrank.com/asin/1416961054

And the number one book from two months ago has sold about 4000 copies since then.
https://www.novelrank.com/asin/B0796QV121

So I guess 156 isn't too bad for a someone with a meager Twitter following whose book won't be out for three months.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
156 pre-sales copies so far on Amazon.
https://www.novelrank.com/asin/1642930911

Norton's book from a decade ago sold 13 copies in that same two-month timeframe.
https://www.novelrank.com/asin/1416961054

And the number one book from two months ago has sold about 4000 copies since then.
https://www.novelrank.com/asin/B0796QV121

So I guess 156 isn't too bad for a someone with a meager Twitter following whose book won't be out for three months.
I was #157!

Mags was #1-156...

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Dice called Anthony "all-terrain face"

Pigdango

Donator
I listened to the Scott Farrell episode. It took them a little while to stop yelling over each other but once they settled in it was actually pretty great. I understand it’s just nostalgia but sometimes it’s nice to be reminded of what brought me here in the first place.

Fred West

I listened to the Scott Farrell episode. It took them a little while to stop yelling over each other but once they settled in it was actually pretty great. I understand it’s just nostalgia but sometimes it’s nice to be reminded of what brought me here in the first place.
That sounds like torture. Farrell was possibly the worst radio personality I've ever come across. His voice, his act, his character and his catchphrase are all pure dog shit. SHAKE IT UP!

Pigdango

Donator
That sounds like torture. Farrell was possibly the worst radio personality I've ever come across. His voice, his act, his character and his catchphrase are all pure dog shit. SHAKE IT UP!
I can’t even argue. I used to hate Ferrell back in the old days. But for one 2 hour show, it was fun for me.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I think it is interesting to keep an eye on his podcast youtube views. For a while there, I thought his numbers were trending up but they are not looking good lately.

The views on his podcast from one week ago has 804 views. That's pretty insane.

Pigdango

Donator
I think it is interesting to keep an eye on his podcast youtube views. For a while there, I thought his numbers were trending up but they are not looking good lately.

The views on his podcast from one week ago has 804 views. That's pretty insane.
I didn’t even know they were putting them up there.

Chip's vid that came out tonight already has twice the views of opie's from last week. Oof.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Youtube suggestion...

Nothing great but I thought there were a few interesting tidbits. I almost felt bad for Opie. He desperately wants to be liked and accepted and this is where he is at now. He's an idiot but that's rough.

DiggerNick

Donator
Opie is a defensive motherfucker. That's not the mindset of a man who is confident and happy about where he is in life.

But I guess when the only people you can get to do your show are a fat-tongued jigaboo with verbal diarrhea, an unfunny, unlikeable redneck and a chef who clearly thinks you're full of shit then what's there to be happy about.

Pigdango

Donator
Youtube suggestion...

Nothing great but I thought there were a few interesting tidbits. I almost felt bad for Opie. He desperately wants to be liked and accepted and this is where he is at now. He's an idiot but that's rough.
I didn’t feel bad for Opie. Sounds like he called the guy out and the guy pussied out. There wasn’t much to his story other than that. Good for Opie there, but it also sounds like Opie might have also been pulling some of the same shit with whoever that was as he always complains Howard pulled against him and Anthony. No idea if it’s true, it was all kind of second or third hand, and different circumstances, but I wouldn’t put a little hypocrisy like that past Opie.

Of course if this guy is one of those legion of skanks guys, he’s also a hypocrite, trashing Opie to gain favor with Ant and now all the sudden being nice to Opie now that he’s landed at Westwood.

Another one of those “everyone involved is an asshole.” Moments.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Good for Opie there, but it also sounds like Opie might have also been pulling some of the same shit with whoever that was as he always complains Howard pulled against him and Anthony. No idea if it’s true, it was all kind of second or third hand, and different circumstances, but I wouldn’t put a little hypocrisy like that past Opie.
In fairness to Opie, Jim was the one who criticised him for not always doing what was right for the show (as he criticised Steve C for as well), yet Jim was the one who pouted on air because DL Hughley was booked by Roland/Opie. They all kind of act that way.

These days I'm kinda 'meh' about Opie because he's out of sight of out mind, but Anthony and Jim are both really pathetic now... like really bad.

Pigdango

Donator
In fairness to Opie, Jim was the one who criticised him for not always doing what was right for the show (as he criticised Steve C for as well), yet Jim was the one who pouted on air because DL Hughley was booked by Roland/Opie. They all kind of act that way.

These days I'm kinda 'meh' about Opie because he's out of sight of out mind, but Anthony and Jim are both really pathetic now... like really bad.
I listen to Opie’s podcast when he has a guest on that I’m interested in AND is in studio. So I’ve listened to like 4. He still sucks at broadcasting in general, talking over his guests, and using verbal crutches that make no sense on a podcast like “if you’re just joining us,” but overall the shows I’ve heard have been a fun listen. A lot of it is nostalgia on my part and his. But I guess that’s where we are both at in life, and I’m fine with that.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
The jilted (again) girlfriend. Just ooooof:

Maybe this should be moved to The Carnage Dossier. Nothing in that thread is more uncomfortable to watch.

Last edited:

Pigdango

Donator

Maybe this should be moved to The Carnage Dossier. Nothing in that thread is more uncomfortable to watch.
Yeah he had a pretty pathetic tweet about it too. Don’t know what he was going for here. Is this some queer attempt at a podcast war?

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Yeah he had a pretty pathetic tweet about it too. Don’t know what he was going for here. Is this some queer attempt at a podcast war?

“...called you...I said no pressure...”

He’s the best.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator

This is where I was going with the Luis J Gomez vid. I could sense him getting desperate. I probably inferred too much from it but after seeing this vid, I think I was on the right track.

When you start asking people why they are shitting on you and start "begging" for people to come on your show, that's something new even for Opie. Everyone is taking these little jabs at his podcast doing so poorly. It would drive a secure person mad.

Incidentally, it's amazing the power Rogan has now.