Opie Radio Podcast

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
This is where I was going with the Luis J Gomez vid. I could sense him getting desperate. I probably inferred too much from it but after seeing this vid, I think I was on the right track.

When you start asking people why they are shitting on you and start "begging" for people to come on your show, that's something new even for Opie. Everyone is taking these little jabs at his podcast doing so poorly. It would drive a secure person mad.

Incidentally, it's amazing the power Rogan has now.
This insecure ass could never take even the most superficial of ribbings.

“You really wanna go there, Rich? DO you? Trust me, don’t play...”

Great comedy radio personality.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
The jilted (again) girlfriend. Just ooooof:

Maybe this should be moved to The Carnage Dossier. Nothing in that thread is more uncomfortable to watch.
If anyone doubts that Opie is every bit the mental case he said his mother was, that video should be all the proof needed.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
The beard isn't helping either. Makes him look like a kook.
It’s what is commonly known as a “depression beard”. He’s a depressed, paranoid kook with no friends in his former industry.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
It’s what is commonly known as a “depression beard”. He’s a depressed, paranoid kook with no friends in his former industry.
I wouldn’t say the no friends part is true. He’s had Florentine, Breuer, Lynch, Distefano, and I think Bill Burr is on the next one.

Out of curiosity, where do you stand on Jimmy once again passing up a chance to work with Anthony?

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I wouldn’t say the no friends part is true. He’s had Florentine, Breuer, Lynch, Distefano, and I think Bill Burr is on the next one.

Out of curiosity, where do you stand on Jimmy once again passing up a chance to work with Anthony?
Guests or friends?

Jim took the corporate paycheck. Can anyone blame him? I can’t.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Guests or friends?

Jim took the corporate paycheck. Can anyone blame him? I can’t.
I don’t know anything about their personal lives. The only confirmed friend I know any of them have is Anthony is friends with @Mother Shucker . So friends = guests in the context of podcasts/radio shows.

As someone who used to be a big fan of Jimmy’s, it’s immensely disappointing that he chooses to waste his creativity, time and talent working with Sam. I don’t “blame” him necessarily for choosing a steady paycheck over working with funnier and more talented people, it’s just disappointing. I would have definitely subscribed to Ant’s show if Jimmy went over there.

Does Jimmy even do stand up anymore?

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I don’t know anything about their personal lives. The only confirmed friend I know any of them have is Anthony is friends with @Mother Shucker . So friends = guests in the context of podcasts/radio shows.

As someone who used to be a big fan of Jimmy’s, it’s immensely disappointing that he chooses to waste his creativity, time and talent working with Sam. I don’t “blame” him necessarily for choosing a steady paycheck over working with funnier and more talented people, it’s just disappointing. I would have definitely subscribed to Ant’s show if Jimmy went over there.

Does Jimmy even do stand up anymore?
I guess you’re missing the context of the “friends” thing. When Jimmy re-signed with Sirius, Emopie tweeted or podcasted something to the effect of, “Some friend Jim is...” referring to him not going to Compound Media. Both Jim and Ant blasted Emopie about this and declared their undying love for each other.

The only confirmed friend I know any of them have is Anthony is friends with @Mother Shucker
Not sure if English but if you watch the show you’d know that Ant regularly hangs out with many of the people he has on his show, in his personal life. Who’s The Opster got....the Philly Crew?

Dec 12, 2007
As someone who used to be a big fan of Jimmy’s, it’s immensely disappointing that he chooses to waste his creativity, time and talent working with Sam.
Not true. He saves any creativity and humor he has for Chip Chipperson and gives Sam a monotone school teacher version of Jimmy. When Anthony or good comedians join the show, he perks up, but he never wastes any effort for just Sam.

The main reason I hate Jim and Sam is that Jim doesn't seem to try to be funny anymore and both of them know nothing. So you have two guys with non-opinions about every subject beside hookers and wrestling giving wishy washy answers back and forth. That's why Anthony was always good when he came on as a guest. He at least knows SOMETHING about current events, and even if his opinion stinks, he still had one to discuss.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I guess you’re missing the context of the “friends” thing. When Jimmy re-signed with Sirius, Emopie tweeted or podcasted something to the effect of, “Some friend Jim is...” referring to him not going to Compound Media. Both Jim and Ant blasted Emopie about this and declared their undying love for each other.

Not sure if English but if you watch the show you’d know that Ant regularly hangs out with many of the people he has on his show, in his personal life. Who’s The Opster got....the Philly Crew?
I don’t watch Anthony’s show. I didn’t even watch it when I was paying for it. I’m not sure why I should care who anyone hangs out with after their respective show. I assume Opie hangs out with Carl sometimes, but I’m sure you have a reason why he doesn’t count for whatever point you’re making. That’s an opening for you to make a race joke.

As I said, a Jim and Ant show would have interested me, and it’s a shame that despite their undying love they couldn’t find a way to make that happen. I’m surprised that’s a position you are finding a way to disagree with.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I don’t watch Anthony’s show. I didn’t even watch it when I was paying for it. I’m not sure why I should care who anyone hangs out with after their respective show. I assume Opie hangs out with Carl sometimes, but I’m sure you have a reason why he doesn’t count for whatever point you’re making. That’s an opening for you to make a race joke.

As I said, a Jim and Ant show would have interested me, and it’s a shame that despite their undying love they couldn’t find a way to make that happen. I’m surprised that’s a position you are finding a way to disagree with.
I might have listened to Ant and Jim but I have no interest anymore. I still can't believe how little they have evolved.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute

I’m not disagreeing with that. I was hoping Jim would end up there but I understand why he didn’t.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I’m not disagreeing with that. I was hoping Jim would end up there but I understand why he didn’t.
Opie mentioned you on his podcast today. He said the next time you see him, you should ask to see his phone contacts so you can see how many friends he has.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Opie mentioned you on his podcast today. He said the next time you see him, you should ask to see his phone contacts so you can see how many friends he has.
Is your name in his Favorites?

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I just shamelessly tried for a retweet. Let’s see if it works.

Fred West

Jul 4, 2014
I just shamelessly tried for a retweet. Let’s see if it works.
Just went to check, but I forgot that I'm still stranded on block island. I reckon he'll interact with it somehow. Maybe he'll quote it and throw some passive aggressive digs at AntH and Jimmy.
He still sucks at broadcasting in general, talking over his guests, and using verbal crutches that make no sense on a podcast like “if you’re just joining us,”
This is what I can't get past with the Opester. Before you get to his narcissism, his non opinions, his arrogance, his delusions and his general cuntiness, his technical abilities as a speaker are enough for me to click anything for it to stop. That Rogan video was the first time I'd heard his voice in 6 months or so and I didn't make it 5 seconds.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Just went to check, but I forgot that I'm still stranded on block island. I reckon he'll interact with it somehow. Maybe he'll quote it and throw some passive aggressive digs at AntH and Jimmy.

This is what I can't get past with the Opester. Before you get to his narcissism, his non opinions, his arrogance, his delusions and his general cuntiness, his technical abilities as a speaker are enough for me to click anything for it to stop. That Rogan video was the first time I'd heard his voice in 6 months or so and I didn't make it 5 seconds.
Do yourself a favor and watch the whole thing.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
What a big fuck you from Burr to Ant. I'd rather do Opie's Shitty No listeners show than do TACS. It has to be because of the Hollywood thing.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
What a big fuck you from Burr to Ant. I'd rather do Opie's Shitty No listeners show than do TACS. It has to be because of the Hollywood thing.
I listened today. Burr is now combatively liberal. I don’t remember him being like that before. No chance he would ever do Anthony’s show now.