Opie Radio Podcast

Bobobie

He was always liberal, but he wasn't PC and you could have civil discussion with him.
I listened today. Burr is now combatively liberal. I don’t remember him being like that before. No chance he would ever do Anthony’s show now.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
He called in to Ant months ago.
Just to continue that thought, Burr said he’d go on Ant’s show at some point. They made up and agreed to disagree I guess.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Never understood the people who said Opie wasn’t funny. He didn’t join in on the 70’s movie riffing, but every once in a while...

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Never understood the people who said Opie wasn’t funny. He didn’t join in on the 70’s movie riffing, but every once in a while...
That's the key part. "Every once in a while" doesn't get you multi-year contracts in major markets.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Here's some material for the Opie haterz. I made it through five minutes. It's really difficult to even to listen to him.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Here's some material for the Opie haterz. I made it through five minutes. It's really difficult to even to listen to him.
“I got my spies”

No, he doesn’t.

Subject matter aside, it’s unlistenable. I couldn’t make even 5 minutes.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
“I got my spies”

No, he doesn’t.

I can't stand Ant anymore and I was close to saying he's just as bad as Opie now. Then I hear something like this and realize it's still not even close.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
I can't stand Ant anymore and I was close to saying he's just as bad as Opie now. Then I hear something like this and realize it's still not even close.
I guess Ant got wind of this and answered the other day.

I wouldn’t say he held back.

Pigdango

Donator
“I got my spies”

No, he doesn’t.

I only listen to his podcast if it's in studio, and there's a guest I'm interested in. These ones in a fucking bathroom or whatever are complete garbage.

Pigdango

Donator
Why can't he just listen to something himself? He always says people told him or whatever.
I’m quite sure he read Anthony’s book and watches his podcast most days.

And his “spies” are just dummies on Twitter that tweet “ya hear what Anth said today, Opie?”

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I don't know how you guys put yourselves through listening to either show. It's torturous.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Why can't he just listen to something himself? He always says people told him or whatever.
I’m quite sure he read Anthony’s book and watches his podcast most days.

And his “spies” are just dummies on Twitter that tweet “ya hear what Anth said today, Opie?”

Opie is the bad guy from Split.

Loony tuned in.

I tapped out when whoever that suck-up is said that he always thought Opie was "the funniest guy in radio" because he was "dry, subtle, and clean" and Opie screamed, "Those idiots never understood that!!!" CLEAN????? The moment Opie couldn't survive on shock-jockery he became the most boring guy on radio despite his "clever" burns on Howard like "Howard's a hack who couldn't adapt" repeated 50 times in a row. He was clean compared to Norton because he wasn't talking about getting blown by trannies, but I don't think the average person thinks shitting on a public beach is a clean story. But sure, he was subtle if that's code for "unfunny" because the poker chips, cake stomp, taking Patti's wig, and calling E-Rock "Slobbo" weren't exactly subtle and most of the rest of the time he was too unfunny to even get his jokes acknowledged, so he repeated them until someone in the studio gave him some attention.

And holy shit, if that clip was any indication of what his show is like then I'm not missing anything. Three guys yelling over each other is bad enough without it being a virtual blow job for Opie's genius. Making it an "Opie's the greatest" propaganda piece takes it from unlistenable to unlistenable and sad.

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
I tapped out when whoever that suck-up is said that he always thought Opie was "the funniest guy in radio" because he was "dry, subtle, and clean" and Opie screamed, "Those idiots never understood that!!!" CLEAN????? The moment Opie couldn't survive on shock-jockery he became the most boring guy on radio despite his "clever" burns on Howard like "Howard's a hack who couldn't adapt" repeated 50 times in a row. He was clean compared to Norton because he wasn't talking about getting blown by trannies, but I don't think the average person thinks shitting on a public beach is a clean story. But sure, he was subtle if that's code for "unfunny" because the poker chips, cake stomp, taking Patti's wig, and calling E-Rock "Slobbo" weren't exactly subtle and most of the rest of the time he was too unfunny to even get his jokes acknowledged, so he repeated them until someone in the studio gave him some attention.

And holy shit, if that clip was any indication of what his show is like then I'm not missing anything. Three guys yelling over each other is bad enough without it being a virtual blow job for Opie's genius. Making it an "Opie's the greatest" propaganda piece takes it from unlistenable to unlistenable and sad.
Dry, subtle and clean? What is he? A SHIRAZ?!?!?!?????!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!!??!??!!??!

domelogic

tapped out when whoever that suck-up is said that he always thought Opie was "the funniest guy in radio" because he was "dry, subtle, and clean" and Opie screamed, "Those idiots never understood that!!!"

Go a little farther and that same asswipe said opie was never better than now. Ugh. That was 5 minutes of pain I just listened to. Never better, wow. Delusional yes. Opie telling them that Ant can’t do a show without him, maybe so but without Ant you are still on Long Island or wherever spinning records(yes old term). I have heard clips now of both shows and it reinforces why I don’t listen to either show. I am so sure opie has moved on, yup. Neither can or will move on eva because it’s all they know.

Btw whoever the black guy is needs to find something else to do. Terrible at Xm and still terrible today.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I'm sure he isn't. What do you think about him going really personal? Is that fair game?
Had he started going personal without any provocation I'd have more of a problem with it. As it stands, they're all petty children so I really don't care.