Opie Radio Podcast

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
If I was going to give advice to a newbie podcaster, I'd tell them to listen to Opie's podcast, and then do exactly the opposite of what Opie does.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Don't worry about The Opster, once his lawsuit against Sirius gets settled, he will up his podcast game like never before.

His lawyers are on their game.

If I was going to give advice to a newbie podcaster, I'd tell them to listen to Opie's podcast, and then do exactly the opposite of what Opie does.
I wanna know if you guys listen to the old XM shows and if it is listenable in 2019 knowing what we know now.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
I wanna know if you guys listen to the old XM shows and if it is listenable in 2019 knowing what we know now.
Every now and than I would put on the YouTube channel that plays the shows in a loop. The shows with Patrice are among the best. You get those days when Jim was out and you have classic O&A riffing with each other. Those clips are good. I can't sit through a show from 12-15 years ago end to end and enjoy it. Those days are long gone for me.

Sent from your Mom's box.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Literally 40 seconds.

“You know what Opie’s problem is? He surrounds himself with unfunny people. Now here’s my mom to offer her input.”

Christ, Mags.
Fuck did I do now?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Remember that Opie and Luis J back and forth a while back? Luis did Opie's show and it went well. Then Luis asked Opie to do his podacsts and Opie never responded (I'm not 100% sure about this but I think it's the case) which is weird and unprofessional.

Luis tweeted this yesterday...

He just refuses to do other shows. If he doesn't care about growing his pod, which I find hard to believe, then I get it but I think we all know the reason.

I'll say this, Opie's behavior still intrigues me.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Remember that Opie and Luis J back and forth a while back? Luis did Opie's show and it went well. Then Luis asked Opie to do his podacsts and Opie never responded (I'm not 100% sure about this but I think it's the case) which is weird and unprofessional.

He just refuses to do other shows. If he doesn't care about growing his pod, which I find hard to believe, then I get it but I think we all know the reason.

The delusions are strong with him. In his mind, he still believes he is the strongest draw out of the O&A crew. Despite what the subs really say.

Creasy Bear

Donator

He's incredible.

You can't hurt me Luis Gomez when I'm in my sssaaafffeeee spaaaccceee.

Creasy Bear

Donator
The delusions are strong with him. In his mind, he still believes he is the strongest draw out of the O&A crew. Despite what the subs really say.
Do we know his actual sub/downloads numbers?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Do we know his actual sub/downloads numbers?
The only metric I can find is from the site chartable.com. They have him ranked around 500 in US comedy podcasts. I dont think that is great or terrible. It's hard to know for sure because most other pods either do vids on youtube and/or their own networks. If you look at Chip, he is ranked at around 400 on chartable but he does very well on youtube and gets hits off riotcast. We need to find a comparable situation and compare him to that.

Creasy Bear

Donator
The only metric I can find is from the site chartable.com. They have him ranked around 500 in US comedy podcasts. I dont think that is great or terrible. It's hard to know for sure because most other pods either do vids on youtube and/or their own networks. If you look at Chip, he is ranked at around 400 on chartable but he does very well on youtube and gets hits off riotcast. We need to find a comparable situation and compare him to that.
Doesn't like Apple have a ranking of podcasts by subs/downloads? Seems like it'd be a no-brainer, but maybe that would hurt some fee fees

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Who are These Podcasts are a similar situation. No network and no vids that I know of. They are ranked about 40 spots better than Opie. Anyone that listens to them know if they share numbers at all? It should be pretty comparable.