Opie Radio Podcast

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
The only metric I can find is from the site chartable.com. They have him ranked around 500 in US comedy podcasts. I dont think that is great or terrible. It's hard to know for sure because most other pods either do vids on youtube and/or their own networks. If you look at Chip, he is ranked at around 400 on chartable but he does very well on youtube and gets hits off riotcast. We need to find a comparable situation and compare him to that.
He's really blowing up in Slovenia though.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Doesn't like Apple have a ranking of podcasts by subs/downloads? Seems like it'd be a no-brainer, but maybe that would hurt some fee fees
I think they show rank but not listeners. Chartable uses apple numbers for their rank.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I think they show rank but not listeners. Chartable uses apple numbers for their rank.
What does a Chartable ranking of 500 mean? There are 499 podcasts better than Opie's in the entire world? Or Chartable ranks from 1 to 500 best to worst?

Cuz the second method would seem accurate.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I don't have a comparison for similar distribution models, but if anyone wants to know what Opie's in competition with, here's where he ranks on the Apple podcasts > United States of America > Comedy list.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
What does a Chartable ranking of 500 mean? There are 499 podcasts better than Opie's in the entire world? Or Chartable ranks from 1 to 500 best to worst?

Cuz the second method would seem accurate.
That's Apple rankings for comedy podcasts.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I don't have a comparison for similar distribution models, but if anyone wants to know what Opie's in competition with, here's where he ranks on the Apple podcasts > United States of America > Comedy list.
You'll see pods like Bob Kelly and Luis right in that same area. It doesn't tell us much other than we know for sure they are doing way better than Opie's because they do much better on youtube and have their own networks. And they even get live listeners.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
The problem for Opie (and Anthony for that matter) is there's not a lot of potential for audience growth.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
The problem for Opie (and Anthony for that matter) is there's not a lot of potential for audience growth.
And it doesn't help that apparently Opie is airing reruns on his podcasts. Fucking Worst Ofs? Podcasts are never for replaying old content! if you want old content, you go back and find the old podcast and listen. That's how podcasts work. None of this rehashing shit all over again. He still thinks he's on goddamn terrestrial radio where his only competition is AssCrack and BackSack in the Mornings on the local KISS station.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Btw, the podcast (LoS) Opie thinks he's too cool to go on is ranked #8 in US comedy podcasts. #61 in all US pod categories. And that's just on apple. They do big numbers on youtube and I assume their own network.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Btw, the podcast (LoS) Opie thinks he's too cool to go on is ranked #8 in US comedy podcasts. #61 in all US pod categories. And that's just on apple. They do big numbers on youtube and I assume their own network.
He needs to get past that. Those dudes are right, showing up on a podcast ranked 400-something spots better than you can get you some hits.

Maybe Opie doesn't do it because he knows he's a drip as a guest.

Creasy Bear

Donator
And it doesn't help that apparently Opie is airing reruns on his podcasts. Fucking Worst Ofs? Podcasts are never for replaying old content! if you want old content, you go back and find the old podcast and listen. That's how podcasts work. None of this rehashing shit all over again. He still thinks he's on goddamn terrestrial radio where his only competition is AssCrack and BackSack in the Mornings on the local KISS station.
That can't be real.

Reruns? He just takes an old podcast, and he puts it up like "Here's this week's podcast!"

I swear, I've never seen any other podcast do that. That is utterly retarded.

Opie is the worst podcaster ever. I mean, maybe his shows aren't the worst of all podcasts, but even the shittiest podcasters know the nuts and bolts of podcasting better than Opie.

Opie takes a 1990's college campus FM radio format, and he stuffs it into a podcast with a sledgehammer and a crowbar.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
That can't be real.

Reruns? He just takes an old podcast, and he puts it up like "Here's this week's podcast!"

Opie is the worst podcaster ever. I mean, maybe his shows aren't the worst of all podcasts, but even the shittiest podcasters know the nuts and bolts of podcasting better than Opie.

Opie takes a 1990's college campus FM radio format, and he stuffs it into a podcast with a sledgehammer and a crowbar.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
That can't be real.

No man, they aren't reruns. From Opie...

"Ol crumple spine Opie gives an update on his back and talks about his experience trying the Beyond Meat hamburger. Then we roll into Accelerated which is a new concept. Opie's re editing the older episodes and making them a lot shorter for the newer listeners to the podcast. It's not a best of! It's better. You will hear these segments in a much different way. Quick, fast paced with plenty of laughs. Please check it out. You're gonna love it! On this accelerated episode Opie surprises and bothers the heck out of Carl at the airport. The original episode was episode 7 which was 76 minutes. Opie cut it down to a quick 26 minutes. Enjoy!"

76 minutes to 26 minutes. :haha7::haha7::haha7: That's hilarious.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I also love he is reviewing foods. Why would someone with zero analytical skills or discerning taste think they could review anything?

Creasy Bear

Donator

"Ol crumple spine Opie gives an update on his back and talks about his experience trying the Beyond Meat hamburger. Then we roll into Accelerated which is a new concept. Opie's re editing the older episodes and making them a lot shorter for the newer listeners to the podcast. It's not a best of! It's better. You will hear these segments in a much different way. Quick, fast paced with plenty of laughs. Please check it out. You're gonna love it! On this accelerated episode Opie surprises and bothers the heck out of Carl at the airport. The original episode was episode 7 which was 76 minutes. Opie cut it down to a quick 26 minutes. Enjoy!"

That is just... it's just... Opie.

smh

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sadly, many former fans of O&A are dying. Surely, Wormwood 1 saw the obits.

Opie: My podcast is so bad that even I think 2/3 of every episode is unlistenable.