Opie Radio Podcast

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
That can't be real.

Reruns? He just takes an old podcast, and he puts it up like "Here's this week's podcast!"

I swear, I've never seen any other podcast do that. That is utterly retarded.

Opie is the worst podcaster ever. I mean, maybe his shows aren't the worst of all podcasts, but even the shittiest podcasters know the nuts and bolts of podcasting better than Opie.

Opie takes a 1990's college campus FM radio format, and he stuffs it into a podcast with a sledgehammer and a crowbar.
He cannot shake the commercial radio thought process.

DiggerNick

Donator
Remember that Opie and Luis J back and forth a while back? Luis did Opie's show and it went well. Then Luis asked Opie to do his podacsts and Opie never responded (I'm not 100% sure about this but I think it's the case) which is weird and unprofessional.

Luis tweeted this yesterday...

He just refuses to do other shows. If he doesn't care about growing his pod, which I find hard to believe, then I get it but I think we all know the reason.

I'll say this, Opie's behavior still intrigues me.
Opie is incapable of being honest, which is a bit of a requirement for a successful podcast.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Opie is incapable of being honest, which is a bit of a requirement for a successful podcast.
I think you have to be at least one of the three things:

1. Funny
2. Interesting
3. Honest

Ronnie B gets away with not being honest because he's funny and interesting. Opie's funny every once in a a while but he's almost never interesting or honest.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
I’ve been accused of hating Opie for years. I really do not hate Opie, the same way I don’t hate Frank.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
I think Opie realizes that he could very easily become Scorch or the Greaseman. He is making a conscious effort to stay under the radar. I also feel that he is hoping his little underground pod cast will have a cult lile following. He is waiting for that one clip, incident or interview that will make him go viral.

Opie is doing his thing, his way. In his mind he accomplished a lot, and that is true for the most part. He has plenty of money and is hanging around and if an opportunity presents itself he may jump back in, or he may not. Either way he is doing what he is doing on his terms.

Sent from your Mom's box.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
How long will his ego keep him going when it becomes clear that he's not building any sort of audience, isn't making any money, and never will make any money?

How long will he keep devoting uncompensated work to his podcast just to keep up the charade that he's a successful podcaster?

If Vos and Bonnie are any indicator, he'll keep it up for a very long time.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
How long will his ego keep him going when it becomes clear that he's not building any sort of audience, isn't making any money, and never will make any money?

How long will he keep devoting uncompensated work to his podcast just to keep up the charade that he's a successful podcaster?

HES GOT MOAR MONEY THAN ANTHONY

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator

Pretty sure even Vos and Bonnie have more listeners.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
Can he really be that bad? Could it be that he thinks he's doing a longform bit and everyone else is playing along?

He cannot shake the commercial radio thought process.
Exactly. The irony of him repeating, "Howard's a hack who couldn't adapt," ad nauseam back in the early XM days hits me every time he does something so obviously out of touch.

5skin

Somewhere on Molly Ringwald

I've seen guys like this on a smaller scale on forums.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator

I’m honestly surprised he’s lasted this long self funding it.

Pigdango

Donator
Bump! Update from Opie! And your pal Piggy has listened so that YOU don't have to!

Carl is still dead!

Opie also shared a text message he received from someone on Anthony's team: (He later reveals it was Keith)

"Sorry about Karl, but the time is right for an Opie and Anthony reunion."

He claims they offered him half the company again. Essentially the same deal as before - he would do his own show on Compound Media and he and Anthony would get together once in a while to do some things.

Opie says he hasn't seen Anthony in 5 and 1/2 years, and he and his people have no idea what he's been up to. So essentially the whole "WHY WON'T YOU BE MY FRIEND" bullshit all over again. Opie then follows this by saying he's "changed dramatically." Ok, I know I'm supposed to be the Opie fanboy here, but

Opie actually does elaborate a bit on why he won't be working with Ant. Specifically that Anthony and his network has brought a lot of hate into his and his family's life. And that makes it impossible for them to work together any more. He definitively says it's not going to happen.

Of course he says this in a podcast episode titled "Will there be an Opie and Anthony reunion?" So again - he hasn't changed, and he's certainly not above stoking those flames to get himself a few extra clicks.

Opie goes on to admit that the Opie and Anthony show "wasn't that good the last bunch of years before Anthony got fired." Ok, that's something.

He also describes Jimmy as a bitter and unhappy old man, who took the Opie and Anthony show away from him and Anthony. He also describes the Jim and Sam show as a terrible, terrible version of the O&A show.

He later goes on to describe Sam as "The worst out of all of them."

He also says he texted Sam when everything went down and said that Sam was making a mistake because Jimmy doesn't care about anyone but himself. Now it's been over 3 years, and I believe Jim and Sam are still going, so I think the Opster would have to admit he was wrong on that one.

He tells a story about Sam coming to his house after Anthony got fired and telling him he should start fresh without Jimmy, because Jimmy is so toxic. Make of that what you will.

Bump! Update from Opie! And your pal Piggy has listened so that YOU don't have to!

Carl is still dead!

Opie also shared a text message he received from someone on Anthony's team: (He later reveals it was Keith)

He claims they offered him half the company again. Essentially the same deal as before - he would do his own show on Compound Media and he and Anthony would get together once in a while to do some things.

Opie says he hasn't seen Anthony in 5 and 1/2 years, and he and his people have no idea what he's been up to. So essentially the whole "WHY WON'T YOU BE MY FRIEND" bullshit all over again. Opie then follows this by saying he's "changed dramatically." Ok, I know I'm supposed to be the Opie fanboy here, but

Opie actually does elaborate a bit on why he won't be working with Ant. Specifically that Anthony and his network has brought a lot of hate into his and his family's life. And that makes it impossible for them to work together any more. He definitively says it's not going to happen.

Of course he says this in a podcast episode titled "Will there be an Opie and Anthony reunion?" So again - he hasn't changed, and he's certainly not above stoking those flames to get himself a few extra clicks.

Opie goes on to admit that the Opie and Anthony show "wasn't that good the last bunch of years before Anthony got fired." Ok, that's something.

He also describes Jimmy as a bitter and unhappy old man, who took the Opie and Anthony show away from him and Anthony. He also describes the Jim and Sam show as a terrible, terrible version of the O&A show.

He also says he texted Sam when everything went down and said that Sam was making a mistake because Jimmy doesn't care about anyone but himself. Now it's been over 3 years, and I believe Jim and Sam are still going, so I think the Opster would have to admit he was wrong on that one.

He tells a story about Sam coming to his house after Anthony got fired and telling him he should start fresh without Jimmy, because Jimmy is so toxic. Make of that what you will.
I believe nothing that comes out of Opie's mouth. First of all, how did Jimmy "take the Opie and Anthony Show away" from him and Anthony???? Opie was supposed to be the one "steering the ship" so wouldn't any overstepping by Jim be Opie's fault for allowing it to continue? And he said this while calling Jimmy the bitter one???? That's some Grade A lack of self-awareness right there.

I personally enjoy the Jim & Sam Show, but I get that not everyone else agrees with my opinion. However, it is a million times better than Opie's solo show was (and I guess still is seeing as how he hasn't accepted that he's finished yet). Sam has already discussed how Opie had suddenly ignored his calls and texts out of nowhere well before Opie and Jim split, so it's doubtful at best that Sam visited Opie to tell him to ditch Jim after Ant got fired. Sam and Jim actually get along and hang out away from the show - unlike Opie and pretty much anyone else associated with the show. Besides, nobody's ever mentioned walking on Jim shells.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator

Carl is still dead!

They are all full of shit but I trust Opie least of all. There's just too much evidence of him lying. It's not that he is lying, he has that Frank thing where he hears what he wants to hear.

He may be right about Jimmy but that sounds more like an apt description of himself. Jimmy just had a quick scene in the Irishman and is filming a pilot...Opie is doing one of the worst podcasts around.

Last edited:

Pigdango

Donator
They are all full of shit but I trust Opie least of all. There's just too much evidence of him lying. It's not that he is lying, he is at that Frank thing where he hears what he wants to hear.

He may be right about Jimmy but that sounds more like an apt description of himself. Jimmy just had a quick scene in the Irishman and is filming a pilot...Opie is doing one of the worst podcasts around.
It was certainly interesting hearing his version of some of those events. Obviously he's twisted them all up in his mind to make himself the victim. He's a classic narcissist, so none of that is surprising. I do believe him that Keith reached out to him after Carl died. And like I said, he sounded really silly saying that he told Sam he was making a big mistake as Jim and Sam enter their 4th year together on Sirius. Clearly he's bitter and jealous over their non-failure.

It was certainly interesting hearing his version of some of those events. Obviously he's twisted them all up in his mind to make himself the victim. He's a classic narcissist, so none of that is surprising. I do believe him that Keith reached out to him after Carl died. And like I said, he sounded really silly saying that he told Sam he was making a big mistake as Jim and Sam enter their 4th year together on Sirius. Clearly he's bitter and jealous over their non-failure.
Yeah, the stuff about Jim and Sam isn't remotely believable when you think about it. He's saying that when Ant was fired, Sam told him to ditch Jim because Jim is toxic. Then, just 2-3 years later he's the one warning Sam not to work with Jim? It's pretty obvious that Opie is attempting the same "divide and conquer" technique that he spent years saying he and Ant were too smart to ever fall for. I guess he thinks he's smarter than Jim and Sam. It's kind of sad that someone who was so successful is as insecure as he is to the point where he's still trying to wreck relationships that no longer involve him just because they're currently hosting a show that's more successful than what he's doing now. They'll never have an audience the size of O&A at their peak, but that's not enough for him.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Flipping through the TV channels a few months back I stumbled upon Jim & Sam doing a scout for Bar Rescue. I loffed and loffed because neither of those two drink alcohol.

John, the host, stated that they had the second most listened to show on Sirius. Then, I just shook my head and continued to surf the channels.