Opie Radio Podcast

Opie might be the best man out of all of them, but he was the worst broadcaster too, which made him the worst. I can't imagine the awkwardness and banality of an Opie podcast. All of them are an embarrassment, but Opie can't even speak coherently.

Bump! Update from Opie! And your pal Piggy has listened so that YOU don't have to!

Carl is still dead!

Opie also shared a text message he received from someone on Anthony's team: (He later reveals it was Keith)

"Sorry about Karl, but the time is right for an Opie and Anthony reunion."

He claims they offered him half the company again. Essentially the same deal as before - he would do his own show on Compound Media and he and Anthony would get together once in a while to do some things.

Opie says he hasn't seen Anthony in 5 and 1/2 years, and he and his people have no idea what he's been up to. So essentially the whole "WHY WON'T YOU BE MY FRIEND" bullshit all over again. Opie then follows this by saying he's "changed dramatically." Ok, I know I'm supposed to be the Opie fanboy here, but

Opie actually does elaborate a bit on why he won't be working with Ant. Specifically that Anthony and his network has brought a lot of hate into his and his family's life. And that makes it impossible for them to work together any more. He definitively says it's not going to happen.

Of course he says this in a podcast episode titled "Will there be an Opie and Anthony reunion?" So again - he hasn't changed, and he's certainly not above stoking those flames to get himself a few extra clicks.

Opie goes on to admit that the Opie and Anthony show "wasn't that good the last bunch of years before Anthony got fired." Ok, that's something.

He also describes Jimmy as a bitter and unhappy old man, who took the Opie and Anthony show away from him and Anthony. He also describes the Jim and Sam show as a terrible, terrible version of the O&A show.

He later goes on to describe Sam as "The worst out of all of them."

He also says he texted Sam when everything went down and said that Sam was making a mistake because Jimmy doesn't care about anyone but himself. Now it's been over 3 years, and I believe Jim and Sam are still going, so I think the Opster would have to admit he was wrong on that one.

He tells a story about Sam coming to his house after Anthony got fired and telling him he should start fresh without Jimmy, because Jimmy is so toxic. Make of that what you will.
When you realize Opie's mentor/hero is Brother Wease, all of this makes much more sense.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Bump! Update from Opie! And your pal Piggy has listened so that YOU don't have to!

Carl is still dead!

Opie also shared a text message he received from someone on Anthony's team: (He later reveals it was Keith)

"Sorry about Karl, but the time is right for an Opie and Anthony reunion."

He claims they offered him half the company again. Essentially the same deal as before - he would do his own show on Compound Media and he and Anthony would get together once in a while to do some things.

Opie says he hasn't seen Anthony in 5 and 1/2 years, and he and his people have no idea what he's been up to. So essentially the whole "WHY WON'T YOU BE MY FRIEND" bullshit all over again. Opie then follows this by saying he's "changed dramatically." Ok, I know I'm supposed to be the Opie fanboy here, but

Opie actually does elaborate a bit on why he won't be working with Ant. Specifically that Anthony and his network has brought a lot of hate into his and his family's life. And that makes it impossible for them to work together any more. He definitively says it's not going to happen.

Of course he says this in a podcast episode titled "Will there be an Opie and Anthony reunion?" So again - he hasn't changed, and he's certainly not above stoking those flames to get himself a few extra clicks.

Opie goes on to admit that the Opie and Anthony show "wasn't that good the last bunch of years before Anthony got fired." Ok, that's something.

He also describes Jimmy as a bitter and unhappy old man, who took the Opie and Anthony show away from him and Anthony. He also describes the Jim and Sam show as a terrible, terrible version of the O&A show.

He later goes on to describe Sam as "The worst out of all of them."

He also says he texted Sam when everything went down and said that Sam was making a mistake because Jimmy doesn't care about anyone but himself. Now it's been over 3 years, and I believe Jim and Sam are still going, so I think the Opster would have to admit he was wrong on that one.

He tells a story about Sam coming to his house after Anthony got fired and telling him he should start fresh without Jimmy, because Jimmy is so toxic. Make of that what you will.
I hope Ant addresses this on his show, and likely he will. Jimmy as well.

I believe almost none of The Opster’s version Of events. I sometimes listen to Jim & Sam and see almost every TAC show, and both of those guys seem reasonably happy with their situations. They are also friends and seem to be friends with almost all the old comedians from the O&A days.

The Opster is none of those things. he has none of the old show friends. In fact, most hate him due to his lashing out.
He’s also the only one still talking about this anymore. He seems truly bitter.

I sure don’t believe the Sam thing. Sam didn’t like The Opster long before Ant got fired. I really don’t believe that Ant/Kieth offered him half of Compound Media. They have said many times there will never be any reunion. That ship has sailed. Kieth said he cannot even talk to The Opster Due to his cunty behavior the last attempt.

He feels his inexorable flow Into obscurity and it’s got to be eating at him bad like.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I hope Ant addresses this on his show, and likely he will. Jimmy as well.

I believe almost none of The Opster’s version Of events. I sometimes listen to Jim & Sam and see almost every TAC show, and both of those guys seem reasonably happy with their situations. They are also friends and seem to be friends with almost all the old comedians from the O&A days.

The Opster is none of those things. he has none of the old show friends. In fact, most hate him due to his lashing out.
He’s also the only one still talking about this anymore. He seems truly bitter.

I sure don’t believe the Sam thing. Sam didn’t like The Opster long before Ant got fired. I really don’t believe that Ant/Kieth offered him half of Compound Media. They have said many times there will never be any reunion. That ship has sailed. Kieth said he cannot even talk to The Opster Due to his cunty behavior the last attempt.

He feels his inexorable flow Into obscurity and it’s got to be eating at him bad like.
Those guys have made fun of Opie for wanting to be friends, so why focus on the friends thing? It's weird.

I don't think Anthony is really friends with anyone aside from Shucker, Big A, Bobo, those types. And of course, those people aren't friends, just retards that Anthony keeps in his orbit because they're safe.

I do believe that Jimmy and many of the comedians enjoy working with Anthony far more than they enjoyed working with Opie, but that's not friendship. I think making that mistake is what has caused so many of Opie's problems. If any of those comedians thought that going on Opie's podcast could help them sell even one ticket to a show they wouldn't hesitate to do so, except for Jimmy of course and maybe Vos, who was the one guy that I think had a real friendship with Opie at some point. (Maybe Bobby to a lesser degree.) But they don't have a friendship with Anthony now. They don't go over his house when there's not a show to be done. They all understand the limits to their relationships, which like I said was Opie's biggest issue. I get that Anthony and the Opie Haterz like to pretend there are these great friendships as a way to rub Opie's nose in things, but there's no actual truth to it. They like working together and Opie makes an easy target.

And I 100% believe that Keith has tried to get Opie to join up with Anthony. I don't think Keith has even denied that. Anyone that doesn't think there's money to be made there is an idiot. Keith may be a bumbling, incompetent fool, but he's no idiot.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I seriously don't believe a word that comes out of Opie's mouth. He's so broken and demoralized, he would say anything if he thought it would restore a shred of his self esteem.

If Opie says Karl is dead, I want to see the death certificate, and the body.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
The fact anyone still listens to these sad shitbags is hilarious. At no point was Sam ever funny, interesting, or a pleasure to listen to with human ears. I bought one of Jim's books years ago and tried reading it on a long flight. What an absolutely boring edgy creep.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Those guys have made fun of Opie for wanting to be friends, so why focus on the friends thing? It's weird.

I don't think Anthony is really friends with anyone aside from Shucker, Big A, Bobo, those types. And of course, those people aren't friends, just retards that Anthony keeps in his orbit because they're safe.

I do believe that Jimmy and many of the comedians enjoy working with Anthony far more than they enjoyed working with Opie, but that's not friendship. I think making that mistake is what has caused so many of Opie's problems. If any of those comedians thought that going on Opie's podcast could help them sell even one ticket to a show they wouldn't hesitate to do so, except for Jimmy of course and maybe Vos, who was the one guy that I think had a real friendship with Opie at some point. (Maybe Bobby to a lesser degree.) But they don't have a friendship with Anthony now. They don't go over his house when there's not a show to be done. They all understand the limits to their relationships, which like I said was Opie's biggest issue. I get that Anthony and the Opie Haterz like to pretend there are these great friendships as a way to rub Opie's nose in things, but there's no actual truth to it. They like working together and Opie makes an easy target.

And I 100% believe that Keith has tried to get Opie to join up with Anthony. I don't think Keith has even denied that. Anyone that doesn't think there's money to be made there is an idiot. Keith may be a bumbling, incompetent fool, but he's no idiot.
Thye offered years ago, but not again. If I’m proven wrong, I’ll, listen to an entire Opster podcast. That’s true punishment.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I think the offer for a reunion show is possible but the 50% company offer? No one is believing that shit.
Why would anybody offer Opie a dime? His last gig proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that he's not a marketable commodity in any way, shape, or form.

At best, Opie is worth a short-lived pop for the heat "The O&A Reunion" would generate, but that'll peter out in a matter of weeks, and then Opie is nothing but podcast poison again.

Pigdango

Donator
I think the offer for a reunion show is possible but the 50% company offer? No one is believing that shit.
They're definitely not offering to give him half the company. I think what the offer really means is that they want him (Opie) to pony up some matching funds to become an equal partner.

So let's just make up numbers. An independent auditor values Compound Media at say $2 million. Opie would then come up with a matching $2 million investment and they would form some sort of corporation where they would each own half of the now $4 million company. They would use those funds to build Opie a studio or buy him a new Speak and Spell or whatever he's using, hire some other shows, do some fun reunion stuff, and advertise.

That's the only possible way Opie could ever join Compound Media. He could never just have a show there and report to or work for Anthony.

And if I was Opie I would do it with one condition - Jimmy and Sam would be banned for life from Compound Media, and Anthony would not appear on Jim and Sam or Chip's podcast if that's still a thing.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
They're definitely not offering to give him half the company. I think what the offer really means is that they want him (Opie) to pony up some matching funds to become an equal partner.
I assumed that was the case if the offer was made. But still, there's no way Ant wants to be partners with Opie so it doesn't make sense even if the money is right.

Pigdango

Donator
I assumed that was the case if the offer was made. But still, there's no way Ant wants to be partners with Opie so it doesn't make sense even if the money is right.
You may be right. Keith might have made the offer just to paint it like “hey, we tried.”

although I’m not sure why he bothered. I think most of the fan base would say it’s Opie’s fault they aren’t working together right now. I mean - what if he had said yes? Ant would be miserable.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
I do believe that Jimmy and many of the comedians enjoy working with Anthony far more than they enjoyed working with Opie, but that's not friendship.
Friends or not, none of them would have gone on The Opster’s $50 Child Mic Show. Maybe Florentine did once? Not sure. They ALL go on TACS, and even seem to have fun. There have been a couple of really funny shows with Bobby, Florentine, Jimmy and Vos. Like O&A without the rudder anchor.

Opie burned more bridges than he had to.

Pigdango

Donator
Friends or not, none of them would have gone on The Opster’s $50 Child Mic Show. Maybe Florentine did once? Not sure. They ALL go on TACS, and even seem to have fun. There have been a couple of really funny shows with Bobby, Florentine, Jimmy and Vos. Like O&A without the rudder anchor.

Opie burned more bridges than he had to.
Of course they have fun - Anthony is hilarious. And Anthony has a measurable audience of people willing to pay money for his show. Clearly enough that he can make a living. So I’m sure he helps put asses in the seats for them.