Opie Radio Podcast

Tiny Tommy

Feb 16, 2014
Was that the one where he flirted with the district attorney, but it led nowhere?

And you're wrong, watching WTR for the goof is great. Perfect background television.
It sucks. I hereby challenge you to karate! (though with my luck you'r
Holy shit, that's a fantastic idear.

A podcast dedicated to tearing apart awful podcasts. Now THAT has got some serious potential.

Shit, I could do a 5-part series just demolishing S Town alone. And the sniveling, leftist shitshow that is every NPR podcast is a bottomless pit of material to toss into a woodchipper.

Oh shit! I just remembered that Bill Burr's wife did a podcast that was so horrendously smug and awful, that it was just begging to be demolished.

And then there's the Opiecast... oh, in what exquisite detail could I dissect that AIDS-riddled patient. And I'll just about guarantee it'd get a butthurt rise out of Opie. He would so take the bait.

The Podcast Hunter... Creasy's Smashcast... Your Podcast Blows...

So many shitty podcasts, so little flammenwerfer fuel.
Could work. It's just a continuation of jocktober, really. Podcasting is kinda the new media. And just like radio, all successful ones are already bogged down with superfluous advertising.

Tiny Tommy

Feb 16, 2014
Ha. Not sure what that first part is. Looks like I was trying for a joke probably a week or so ago and just abandoned it altogether because it sucked.

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Your sister's underwear drawer
That podcast is brutal, and I'm glad they had the nerve to call Sherrod out for sucking. No doubt he always gets a pass because he's bleck.

Describing women as 'tasties' like he's 15, for fuck's sake...

Nov 13, 2006
I caught episode 12. Carl and Vic are the show, Opie is the hole. He is awful. Show was fine, but then an extra 30 minutes of bonus time has Opie walking around getting Carls luggage. I think he left it in only because he was recognized and wants his legion of fans to know hes still relevant. Hes not. He better not piss off Carl or he has nothing.

Tiny Tommy

Feb 16, 2014
Opie pretends to catch a fish on camera. Not a spark of life in the thing. The fish, either.

This is what Bourdain called a 'stunt-fish' during his many failed fishing scenes.

I would say that was embarrassing but it seems kind of redundant to pile that distinction on the Opster.

I'm glad he chooses to chronicle most of his life online like a dopey hot girl too. We get it. You're needy.

Feb 15, 2005
I stumbled on the new podcast. Its not as bad as people are making it out to be. Im not loving the back and forth between opie and carl, it sometimes seems forced and too much talk about the creepy cabin and what beer is good. Hopefully he gets some decent guests cause i would likemto see it succeed. Its no O&A but without the two it never will be. Opie needs to relax more in front of the mic and let the conversation flow. Overall still better then most of the podcasts I listen too and I will keep listening.

May 30, 2013
I stumbled on the new podcast. Its not as bad as people are making it out to be. Im not loving the back and forth between opie and carl, it sometimes seems forced and too much talk about the creepy cabin and what beer is good. Hopefully he gets some decent guests cause i would likemto see it succeed. Its no O&A but without the two it never will be. Opie needs to relax more in front of the mic and let the conversation flow. Overall still better then most of the podcasts I listen too and I will keep listening.
Do you also like to stumble into bad movies, friend?

Mar 12, 2010
Looks like Opie remembered the password to an account he set up in 2005.

Mags

Edgelord
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Give this one a try and let me know what you think:

http://whoarethese.com/ep107-opie-radio

Feb 15, 2005
Looks like Opie remembered the password to an account he set up in 2005.
Holy shit you got me! Actually I wish I had Opies cash. No I am just a long time fan looking for anything decent to listen to since the show fell apart. Nice to see this place hasnt changed

Mags

Edgelord
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Holy shit you got me! Actually I wish I had Opies cash. No I am just a long time fan looking for anything decent to listen to since the show fell apart. Nice to see this place hasnt changed
Did ya try the podcast I mentioned in the post above yours? Good stuff.

Mags

Edgelord
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Wow, The Opster now even shitting on Colin Quinn. Somebody find a clip. What I heard was something like, “assholes are saying I should have Colin on the show...for WHAT? What’s HE gonna add to my podcast?!”.

No sarcasm, no irony in the statement.

This guy has Frank Lagola levels of delusion.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Wow, The Opster now even shitting on Colin Quinn. Somebody find a clip. What I heard was something like, “assholes are saying I should have Colin on the show...for WHAT? What’s HE gonna add to my podcast?!”.

No sarcasm, no irony in the statement.

This guy has Frank Lagola levels of delusion.
Over/under on how long Westwood One keeps him?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Than I shall! I know Mags gets triggered when we speculate about such things, but Opie's preference for 2 year contracts has been well documented by both he and Anthony. It's actually one of the reasons Anthony and Jimmy hate Opie so much, so maybe Mags will allow this one.

With him wandering the streets of NYC like a tard, there are more opportunities for him to do something stupid which would get him fired, but anyone who thinks Westwood One would fire him prematurely because "the show isn't good" is a complete fool. Whatever the show is, it's exactly what Westwood One signed up for. They can't possibly say they didn't know what they were getting.

On the other hand, given that his show doesn't seem to be making much traction on the charts, I don't see how they could justify extending his deal in it's current format.

If I was to speculate at all, they may ask him to do some regular radio a bit sooner than he'd like in order to justify whatever they're paying him. Not going to guess on that in case I bump into Mags next week.