Opie thanks the listeners for "helping to steer the show."

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Pretty cool. FINALLY getting recognition for being the 11th Producer! :icon_mrgr

I know Op likes to try and stir things up on the boards once in a while (ok, perhaps a bit more than that), but it was nice to see him tear down another wall.

It just further reaffirms how the show has GOT to be the most interactive show on the radio and how comfortable they are in their current situation despite all the restrictions.

I think his "BlindCC, BlincCC and other mini-rants can hopefully be taking with a proverbial grain of salt more often.

Now if we can just get him to post every once in a while like his esteemed colleague :action-sm

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
everyone checks fark and sites like that nowadays, but it's nice to know that when I post an interesting video or current event at wackbag, at least someone with the show probably will see it.

hearing them talk about bobby fischer, i concluded someone probably checked out the in-depth article link i posted about him last week.

the boys have always understood that including your fans on the action often makes for a funnier show. the instant feedback concept may be their ulitmate legacy to broadcasting.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
hearing them talk about bobby fischer, i concluded someone probably checked out the in-depth article link i posted about him last week.
You're not that special.

Debating whether or not to use wavey guy.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
he gave credit for us steering the show.....to stan myers.......yet missed the thread where some of our scientifically informed members explained how he was an complete and utter fraud.

thanks for nothing ope

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
he gave credit for us steering the show.....to stan myers.......yet missed the thread where some of our scientifically informed members explained how he was an complete and utter fraud.

thanks for nothing ope
I thought he brought up how it was a hoax according the Wiki. I think a lot of people kind of assumed it was anyway.

You're not that special.

Debating whether or not to use wavey guy.
Maybe. Maybe not. But you have to admit that at least some of the producers and/or interns peruse the various boards. Obviously there's a few producers of AFRO that post here often enough to assume that.

Whether they're culling material (on a regular basis) is probably not likely. But I just thought it was pretty big of Opie today to acknowledge there is some sort of fan input, especially with all that's been going on lately.

But it's obvious from their on-air comments that either they're checking out the fan sites themselves once in a while, or at least one of their "spies" is doing it for them and at least providing them with bullet points.

On top of all that, the way they threw themselves into the barrel was pretty selfless. I'm not sure if Opie realized how much Radio Kryptonite he turned over to Erock and the rest of the producers, but they're "all-in" now, so I can't wait until Jimmy gets back. It should rival their first back to XM after the suspension.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Maybe. Maybe not. But you have to admit that at least some of the producers and/or interns peruse the various boards. Obviously there's a few producers of AFRO that post here often enough to assume that.

Whether they're culling material (on a regular basis) is probably not likely. But I just thought it was pretty big of Opie today to acknowledge there is some sort of fan input, especially with all that's been going on lately.

But it's obvious from their on-air comments that either they're checking out the fan sites themselves once in a while, or at least one of their "spies" is doing it for them and at least providing them with bullet points.

On top of all that, the way they threw themselves into the barrel was pretty selfless. I'm not sure if Opie realized how much Radio Kryptonite he turned over to Erock and the rest of the producers, but they're "all-in" now, so I can't wait until Jimmy gets back. It should rival their first back to XM after the suspension.
yea but they missed the whole fact that their fans explained how this guy was a fraud. or maybe they decided it was better radio to play ignorant on this one. what do I know

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
....But it's obvious from their on-air comments that either they're checking out the fan sites themselves once in a while, or at least one of their "spies" is doing it for them and at least providing them with bullet points.

the way i see it is this:
if there was a message board solely about YOU, most people would check that page obsessively. I admit there are certain personality types that genuinely don't care and would hardly visit, but the people that talk for a living or work in the media are usually not that type of personality type.

Tax Kuntz

just being an ass
Jul 6, 2003
Parsippany, NJ
A pirate walks into a bar and the bartender notices that he has a steering wheel sticking out the front of his pants.

Bartender: What's with the steering wheel?
Pirate: Aaarrgh, it's driving me nuts!

Linger L3efhw1lnjfh1ioef

TheSqueakyWheel

Jul 14, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I thought he brought up how it was a hoax according the Wiki. I think a lot of people kind of assumed it was anyway.

"A little gossip, a little chat... SHHHHHHH, it's baord gossip time... WHO COULD IT BE?

What Wackbagger who is not on the pay roll wants credit for producing a certain show that is on from 6-11? I'm not saying, but O&A have a party... cock.. SHHHHHH"

:action-sm

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
yea but they missed the whole fact that their fans explained how this guy was a fraud. or maybe they decided it was better radio to play ignorant on this one. what do I know
I edited my post above after I saw your post, but I'll say it again here:

Mendoza, I see your posts in a lot of the threads that I post in and respect your opinion a lot. I just think it's a little unreasonable for them to quote exact threads, especially now, from individual boards because of the whole "Unity" thing.

I think it's kind of like when your IF gets read, but they don't say, "It's soandso from Wackbag," but they just read the IF. They do that all the time, just try and get a little "self" satisfaction and take it for what it's worth.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I thought it was a fun bit with Bill Burr, but it didn't deserve a second visit.
Certainly Professor Anthony knows the physics of burning stuff, and must have been annoyed listening to a replay of the stupid news taking the story seriously.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
"A little gossip, a little chat... SHHHHHHH, it's baord gossip time... WHO COULD IT BE?

What Wackbagger who is not on the pay roll wants credit for producing a certain show that is on from 6-11? I'm not saying, but O&A have a party... cock.. SHHHHHH"

:action-sm
That's funny, but I assure you that's not my motive. ESD doesn't even "supposedly" check out this board anyway.

Second, I jokingly claimed to be the 11th producer in a "Wackbag Collective" way. On O&A they've gone to me as a caller (as Scott from Vegas) once in the past year and MAYBE 2 or 3 IF's.

This was intended to be a thread about message board contributions being embraced in a positive way.

Sorry if that is out of line here...

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Mendoza, I see your posts in a lot of the threads that I post in and respect your opinion a lot. I just think it's a little unreasonable for them to quote exact threads, especially now, from individual boards because of the whole "Unity" thing
Im just an opinionated douche who posted while they were talking about his thing being legit. it was annoying. but probably better radio than talking about the guy being a fraud, so like I said what do I know

and anthony is generally so good with this type of topic I guess Im just surprised he didnt figure this shit out yet. I think gambling has eaten into professor anthony's time

B

BDfromFREEPORT

Pretty cool. FINALLY getting recognition for being the 11th Producer! :icon_mrgr

I know Op likes to try and stir things up on the boards once in a while (ok, perhaps a bit more than that), but it was nice to see him tear down another wall.

It just further reaffirms how the show has GOT to be the most interactive show on the radio and how comfortable they are in their current situation despite all the restrictions.

I think his "BlindCC, BlincCC and other mini-rants can hopefully be taking with a proverbial grain of salt more often.

Now if we can just get him to post every once in a while like his esteemed colleague :action-sm

Don't get cocky kid.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I've steered the show straight into a brick wall at least twice, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't thanking me.

UsedLadBag

Your moms box.
Feb 4, 2005
Boston
I think it was really cool, and I'm sure it wasn't directed to just a few individuals. Lots of people send in ideas that makes the show more gooder. As someone who sends in a lot of ideas, many of which are crap or just go by, I have had a few gems which went uncredited but they did use. So, while I can't know whether any of my IF were an inspiration or I was one of many who sent in the same idea, it's still nice to hear that Opie does read the IF, it does help stear the show, and he appreciates it.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
You didn't get your fee radio yet? :action-sm
Are you kidding? I paid 40 bucks for one of those pieces of shit when they first came out. I'll stick with my 3 year old Audiovox Xpress, at least it doesn't have the gimped FM modulator forced upon XM by stupid NPR stations.

Oh and back on subject: Opie is a really nice guy, don't tell anyone....you'll rooooon his gimmick.

topher520

learnings for queers
Jul 5, 2006
Boston
Opie Stinks and I dont Like him

Lingggaaa Lonngggaaaa

Wavey hand

Lil' Alex

Dec 20, 2007
NYC
The listeners have always been a big part of the show. The phone callers and instant feedbackers come up with great lines on a regular basis and can really help a bit pick up steam. ( And kill it too)

It was pretty recent that someone posted the video here of Bert singing about his rock and it was on the show bleep gamed a few days later.

livebackwards

Proud Patron of Ted's Conglomerated Gasmaskery
Jan 29, 2006
Houston, TX
I don't like Gregg Hughes, the actor who plays Opie on the Opie and Anthony show.

(wait for it)

Well okay, I do like him after all.