Opie turning Anthony's mic off

aahpandasrun

No longer endangered
Oct 18, 2006
Farmingdale, NY
Opie turning Anthony's mic off discussing the panties thing was a funny as hell bit today. I laughed my ass off. There's been so many great bits today. Great job guys.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
Holy shit, do we have to discuss every bit?..

"You remember that bit today?" Yes, stupid..

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
Why not? People are quick to point out bits that they think suck.
Here's my point.

It was a small part in the show, while funny, will never be done again just because we liked it. It fit at the time, it was a great moment today... it just seems really stupid to create a fucking Chris Farely thread.

jlfrench

......................... ........
Aug 5, 2004
I agree, it was really funny, and worth a quick discussion.

that other guys' point sucks.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
I agree, it was really funny, and worth a quick discussion.

that other guys' point sucks.
Really, Does it?

"Mic was turned off, i laughed, it was great, +1 post"

Am i missing something here? Where else could Opie do this bit? How did Ant feel? What was bobby thinking? SHUT UP...

Hydrosludge

We can do it comrade
Apr 25, 2005
Here's my point.

It was a small part in the show, while funny, will never be done again just because we liked it. It fit at the time, it was a great moment today... it just seems really stupid to create a fucking Chris Farely thread.
My point is that the show thrives on spontaneity. They have been hammered a lot with what they cannot do on the air by the guys who still have jobs because they are on the air. They went too gay and they responded. Why not say that something worked?

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
Really, Does it?

"Mic was turned off, i laughed, it was great, +1 post"

Am i missing something here? Where else could Opie do this bit? How did Ant feel? What was bobby thinking? SHUT UP...
Dude, shut the fuck up.

jlfrench

......................... ........
Aug 5, 2004
I wouldn't put too much effort into trying to make opposing points of view heard here. Take a quick read through his posts, I think it's less that he hates this thread that you started, and more that he's less than thrilled with existance in general.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
My point is that the show thrives on spontaneity. They have been hammered a lot with what they cannot do on the air by the guys who still have jobs because they are on the air. They went too gay and they responded. Why not say that something worked?
1. Yes it does.
2. They do. Inevitably however, it will always be there, it will always get back to them.
3. Going to gay, and responding with a hilarious bit, isn't really saying something as far as counteracting one another

I don't know, silly me i guess for pointing out the trivialness of the thread.

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
May 31, 2004
i like a quick thread like this then having to go through 30+ pages of the daily listening thread to get some other fans reactions to something, no matter how big or small a bit/point/moment.

kev

Mar 17, 2006
That bit was good...but Storm Chasing in Brooklyn was one of the funniest bits I remember them doing in a long time.

Edit:

Anybody know where I can get an mp3 of that bit?

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
That bit was good...but Storm Chasing in Brooklyn was one of the funniest bits I remember them doing in a long time.

Edit:

Anybody know where I can get an mp3 of that bit?

Yea, that shit was great. I also liked the space shuttle guy. Maybe its just me but he kind of reminded me of an older version of Kenny Allen.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
ant doin the italian storm chaser was fucking hysterical

aahpandasrun

No longer endangered
Oct 18, 2006
Farmingdale, NY
Well, I thought it would pretty much be the highlight of today's show, but there was so much great stuff that it doesn't seem as important now.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Jan 13, 2005
Middletown NJ
Great bit, but there is no way he did that and didn't give a little sniff. C'mon? I would've. Anybody else?

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
I'm going to cut the storm chaser bit out of the show at some point tomorrow (well, today). I'll post it in here if nobody else has done it yet.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
hey get out of my neighborhood you ******!

Valued Listener

I almost died at birth
Jun 29, 2005
philly
Whatta cunt. Aint the point of a fan based board to talk about the show/bits etc.? Eat your own.
Fuckin funny as hell by the way, nice on the spot stuff.