Opie w/ Jimmy's position on the Anthony and Dani situation

noregrets418

I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse
Aug 31, 2008
"Alcohol involved" and the fact he heard it from Dani's father, really make you wonder what he really does think. I think he wants to believe Anthony is innocent. But, the way he said "let's go sing karaoke" was flat out creepy.

Opie doesn't deserve the amount of hate he gets. After all, it was he who discovered Anthony and put the show together. Sure, he's stopped being as funny in recent years, but, he does contribute to the business side of radio and as a producer. He should have done a better job of steering the show away from Anthony's Stormfront rants and he should hire another comedian to replace him now and breathe new life into the show, like Stern did when he hired Artie.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
"Alcohol involved" and the fact he heard it from Dani's father, really make you wonder what he really does think. I think he wants to believe Anthony is innocent. But, the way he said "let's go sing karaoke" was flat out creepy.

Opie doesn't deserve the amount of hate he gets. After all, it was he who discovered Anthony and put the show together. Sure, he's stopped being as funny in recent years, but, he does contribute to the business side of radio and as a producer. He should have done a better job of steering the show away from Anthony's Stormfront rants and he should hire another comedian to replace him now and breathe new life into the show, like Stern did when he hired Artie.
Stopped being as funny? Gregg has never been funny. Find a clip where Nana made a legit funny joke.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Stopped being as funny? Gregg has never been funny. Find a clip where Nana made a legit funny joke.
I'm not digging through audio for you, but one of my all time favorite Opie lines was when Patrice was talking about playing Chess and Opie said "You people play Chess? I thought only lonely American Indians played that!"

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
I'm not digging through audio for you, but one of my all time favorite Opie lines was when Patrice was talking about playing Chess and Opie said "You people play Chess? I thought only lonely American Indians played that!"
Well, that was hurtful, and oddly specific of Opie.

Chip Spackler

Donator
Jan 5, 2016
It's not a reddit thing. I call him Nana Gregg. Anyone that ever says "I needed you that day i cried." is someone's Nana.
I won't deny that Ant has his faults and is not always right (if ever), but Opie has acted and said things on the air that other men would scoff at. Patrice would bust both Opie and Anthony's balls regarding the way they've conducted themselves... I'm team Yimmy

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
I'll give him points as a producer. On occasion, he can be good. Funny though? Humorous? We'll agree to disagree.

I won't deny that Ant has his faults and is not always right (if ever), but Opie has acted and said things on the air that other men would scoff at. Patrice would bust both Opie and Anthony's balls regarding the way they've conducted themselves... I'm team Yimmy
The only reason i listen is because of jim. Sometimes he illicits an eyeroll. But overall he's great.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'll give him points as a producer. On occasion, he can be good. Funny though? Humorous? We'll agree to disagree.

The only reason i listen is because of jim. Sometimes he illicits an eyeroll. But overall he's great.
We don't necessarily have to disagree. I havent really listened to the show much since 2011, when Pattice died and all of them stopped being funny.

Chip Spackler

Donator
Jan 5, 2016
We don't necessarily have to disagree. I havent really listened to the show much since 2011, when Pattice died and all of them stopped being funny.
I think we can all agree things were never the same after Mr. P left us...

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Dec 18, 2012
Straya cunt
He's 54, Damn it. That's not nearly so creepy.
Creepier factoid: Four years ago, she was 22... Full of hopes and dreams of a bright future of finding a nice young man to procreate with and raising his progeny... all backed up by her daddy's fat wallet to ensure a nice future for them...

...And look at what she did with it. She faked being assaulted by a man her father's age with absolutely no upside.

Women really are dumb as shit, and all they do is exploit men for entertainment because their souls are rotted. And ain't nobody on this board can say otherwise.

Dec 12, 2007
According to Gavin, Vinnie watched his daughter's periscope and called the cops on Anthony.

Not sure if thats true or not, but Gavin said thats the rumor hes heard.

Chip Spackler

Donator
Jan 5, 2016
Women really are dumb as shit, and all they do is exploit men for entertainment because their souls are rotted. And ain't nobody on this board can say otherwise.
My ex-wife is actively destroying my soul and shitting on my dreams

Chip Spackler

Donator
Jan 5, 2016
According to Gavin, Vinnie watched his daughter's periscope and called the cops on Anthony.

Not sure if thats true or not, but Gavin said thats the rumor hes heard.
If that's true, I have no opinion either way. Can't fault a guy for worrying about his daughter- women are great at bullshitting men- including their fathers

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
well that was what worked so well with O&A and Jimmy. Opie played the straight man to Ant and Jimmy's impressions and jokes and kept the show flowing. He's never claimed to be a natural at making jokes or being funny. When Ant left, he took with him the funniest part of the show. Jimmy does what he can but often doesn't have anyone to work off of.

MurphCO

Donator
Dec 13, 2011
Parts Unknown
To be fair Opie hanging up on people always made me laugh......but I can't think of anything else specifically.

2nd, how is anyone surprised at the "reaction/opinion" of Opie and Jimmy? They don't know anything

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
well that was what worked so well with O&A and Jimmy. Opie played the straight man to Ant and Jimmy's impressions and jokes and kept the show flowing. He's never claimed to be a natural at making jokes or being funny. When Ant left, he took with him the funniest part of the show. Jimmy does what he can but often doesn't have anyone to work off of.
Well, in his defence, he doesn't have a lot of time to work on his humor while getting a Mani/Pedi with his wife.

Yeeeeeeech....

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Regarding Patrice's size and the velvet suit jacket he was wearing: "Patrice, if you got on all fours, we could play hold 'em on your back."

Sep 15, 2011
tennessee
funniest thing about patrice's death was the day after on the air somebody said colin had a "fag coat" on and instantly he was like "i'm not sure i like my new nickname..."

Last edited: