Opie's on "You know what dude?!" podcast on monday

Ding Junhui

Sep 28, 2011
I'm hoping he shares some of his experiences as a father. He hasn't really told us much on the air. I don't even know the name of his kid.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I'm hoping he shares some of his experience on babysitting. He hasn't really told us much on the air. I don't even know the name of his kid.
Diapers and baby vomit? Sounds like compelling radio. :icon_roll

Im with RR with this one, pass.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I finished listening and I loved it. Anyone who says that Opie's not funny can go fuck themselves.

Of all the comedians on the show (besides Jimmy and Vos), I think Opie connects with Bobby the most. He connected a lot with Patrice too.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
I finished listening and I loved it. Anyone who says that Opie's not funny can go fuck themselves.

Of all the comedians on the show (besides Jimmy and Vos), I think Opie connects with Bobby the most. He connected a lot with Patrice too.
Well maybe he should just always do a podcast with Bobby then, because the shit he passes off on the radio show he gets paid for isn't showing his sense of humor very well. He's outperformed daily by Ant and Jimmy.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
I don't even listen to O&A anymore on a daily basis but the podcast was a lot of fun, downright refreshing even. I say thumbs up.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Well maybe he should just always do a podcast with Bobby then, because the shit he passes off on the radio show he gets paid for isn't showing his sense of humor very well. He's outperformed daily by Ant and Jimmy.
And has been 10 years running. I think by now we can pretty much say that's the point of the show.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
According to you he's so fucking funny. Where is it then? It's not on the show that bares his name.
First of all, yes it is. Second, he defers to Ant and Jimmy. Both he and Ant do the same thing for their comedian friends. They've openly talked about it. When the comedians shine, the credit for being hilarious goes to the show itself. The same goes for Opie with regards to Ant and Jimmy. If they shine, the show itself gets the credit. Opie openly admits that he isn't as funny as Ant or Jimmy but he's still pretty fucking funny in his own right. He's comfortable with that and would rather set up an awesome bit for Ant or Jimmy than try to compete with them (which, again, isn't his job).

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
First of all, yes it is. Second, he defers to Ant and Jimmy. Both he and Ant do the same thing for their comedian friends. They've openly talked about it. When the comedians shine, the credit for being hilarious goes to the show itself. The same goes for Opie with regards to Ant and Jimmy. If they shine, the show itself gets the credit. Opie openly admits that he isn't as funny as Ant or Jimmy but he's still pretty fucking funny in his own right. He's comfortable with that and would rather set up an awesome bit for Ant or Jimmy than try to compete with them (which, again, isn't his job).
Opie and Bobby brought up a few good points during the show. Bobby said he tried to do his podcast live via Skype one week. He said it was a nightmare. Since he was trying to pay attention to the microphone levels. While going through the call list. And a few other things. While trying to be funny. Ant and jimmy just have to be funny. I would love to see this happen one day that Opie's off. Ant does Opie's job and doesnt have danny or sam run the board. So people can see that it's a pain in the ass job to do and be funny at the same time.

Dec 9, 2011
Opie and Bobby brought up a few good points during the show. Bobby said he tried to do his podcast live via Skype one week. He said it was a nightmare. Since he was trying to pay attention to the microphone levels. While going through the call list. And a few other things. While trying to be funny. Ant and jimmy just have to be funny. I would love to see this happen one day that Opie's off. Ant does Opie's job and doesnt have danny or sam run the board. So people can see that it's a pain in the ass job to do and be funny at the same time.
I think Ronnie B does all that shit

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I think Ronnie B does all that shit
He sure does, which is why you get all those long pauses, lip smacks, and ums. It used to be Fez' job to fill those pauses, now it's just dead air.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Joe Conte said the same thing about himself and his internet radio show. In his opinion, he sucks on his own show but does well on other people's shows.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
Joe Conte said the same thing about himself and his internet radio show. In his opinion, he sucks on his own show but does well on other people's shows.
I used to love when Opie went on Ron & fez's show on fridays. He would go on for an hour or so and was great. Since he didnt have to worry about all the other stuff.

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
You can lighten the workload there by not taking shitty callers who add nothing.