Opie's Opinion On Dream Theater?

Jonny_Thunder

May 29, 2005
Queens, NY
I missed what he said, and I gotta hear why Opie said he cant acknowledge Dream Theater. Can somebody tell me what he said please?

EDIT: I misspelled 'Theater' in the subject title... My bad sirs

MOD EDIT: Fixed it for ya. S.F.

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
Typically, Opie describes music in two ways: it either "rocks" or it "sucks." For him to come out and say something different is an achievement in itself.

May 8, 2006
Houston, Texas
Dream Theater is boring. I'm not sure if those were Opie's words, but they're certainly mine.

Kamelot FTW.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
OPie said that Dream theater sucked because he knew it would piss of the Dream theater fans i dont know what he really thinks about them but i absolutely believe he did it just to piss people off

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
I'm really open to all rock music. I give every band multiple chances. I've gave 3 chances to Dragonforce and now im kinda liking it. It took two times for me to like King Diamond and now im a huge fan. Same with Helloween. Ive tried to listen to Dream Theatre about five times now...I don't get it.

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY
dream theater is one of htose bands that they try to showcase their talent in every song and overdo it... you can listen to a few songs and then move on. but petrucci is a motherfucker of a guitarist, same with portnoy & drums.

Aug 11, 2005
sheesh dreamtheater,
you might as well metion fastway

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Remember, take whatever Opie or Ronnie says about music, lock it in a box, and ignore it. They both have the taste of water.

I like DT, but only in small doses. even for a musician, DT makes you think too much.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Remember, take whatever Opie or Ronnie says about music, lock it in a box, and ignore it. They both have the taste of water.

I like DT, but only in small doses. even for a musician, DT makes you think too much.
I'll agree with the Opie part of that, but from what I've heard, Ronnie has great taste in music.

AJellyDonut

They're paying for it, you eat it!
Dec 13, 2004
Queens, NY
Opie is a metrosexual fella what do you expect? Anyone who would be psyched to see Seal in concert should not be trusted when it comes to what "rocks."

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Dream Theater never had a top 20 hit, therefore Opie doesn't consider them real musicians.

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
I'm so pissed I'm going to miss them on this tour. I hope I can catch them on the Evening with tour. I've got some great pics with them at
http://www.myspace.com/guitargod2112

I love that Myung is not getting into the act of making the whacky faces with the rest of the band and you. that guy is my hero.
must post pics of my signed RBX6JM.

guitargod2112

Feb 15, 2006
I love that Myung is not getting into the act of making the whacky faces with the rest of the band and you. that guy is my hero.
must post pics of my signed RBX6JM.
Yeah, Myung is funny like that. Yeah, I'd like to see pics of that. I have a JP Music Man. It's the old model though.

ASSBAG

Giving Wackbag over 1,000 posts of nothing.
Feb 17, 2005
HumpTulips, WA
dream theater is one of htose bands that they try to showcase their talent in every song and overdo it... you can listen to a few songs and then move on. but petrucci is a motherfucker of a guitarist, same with portnoy & drums.
I agree I like watching John Petrucci play but the singer stinks on ice.
I also agree that Dragonforce took me a couple times, but I enjoy the Nintendo pop they play.

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
you should check out liquid tension experiment then, if you don't know about them already. it's essentially dream theater with no vocals, and tony levin on the chapman stick instead of myung on bass.
great shit.

JSHAW

May 25, 2005
All the Dream Theater haters need to watch their Radio City Music 2006 concert dvd "SCORE".

It's an incredible performance celebrating their 20th anniversary as a band.

They really are some of the most talented musicians on the planet.

Personally I think they're one of those bands that you either love them or ya hate them.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I also agree that Dragonforce took me a couple times, but I enjoy the Nintendo pop they play.
Why does the singer stink?