Opie's videos at MoMA??

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
from Twitter:

OpieRadio opie radio
So excited!A bunch of my street videos will be featured in an exhibit at the MOMA museum! Part of a new project I'm involved with! Info soon
13 hours ago
That's pretty crazy, even if its something small. Even Kevin Pollak tweeted congrats to Opie.

Some videographers work their whole careers to get featured there. This gives him cred for producing things in the future.

I wonder what the angle is going to be? A celebration of trolling in the city streets? Is an art scholar/ O&A fan behind this?

edit: In case anyone doesn't know MoMA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_of_Modern_Art

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
He's the next stanley kubrik... telling fat negro traffic cops that they're too fat to drink slushies.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
the only artsy opie video that immediately comes to mind to me think of is the one where he wears a hood and talks like Chistian Bale's Batman

DeadAnus

Nov 14, 2009
long island white trash attempt at some culture. Money cant change the man after all.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
long island white trash attempt at some culture. Money cant change the man after all.
that doesnt make sense here....it sounds like they're choosing to feature his silly/weird/trashy videos that he has already made rather than him attempting to go out and shoot stuff for an art crowd.

perhaps it is just a collection of behind the scenes moments with celebrities.

or a retrospective on retards like BoBo and Vos

DeadAnus

Nov 14, 2009
that doesnt make sense here....it sounds like they're choosing to feature his silly/weird/trashy videos that he has already made rather than him attempting to go out and shoot stuff for an art crowd.

perhaps it is just a collection of behind the scenes moments with celebrities.

or a retrospective on retards like BoBo and Vos
I meant that Opie frequents places like MoMA and bought a nice condo in a "yuppie" neighborhood to get away from the fact that he's white trash. He's brought up the museum a few times on the show.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
I meant that Opie frequents places like MoMA and bought a nice condo in a "yuppie" neighborhood to get away from the fact that he's white trash. He's brought up the museum a few times on the show.
do you think he's being pretentious having a place close to work and going to a modern art museum? i think he's in a nice zone where he wants to pick up some basic culture (as in something other than dickjokes), but is well aware of what over the top yuppieism is, considering the way he speaks of his neighbors. i'm pretty relieved when he bashes them in very specific terms.

i dont think anyone associated with the show can get away from the white trashness of their pasts and basic personalities.

i think in opie's case buying a nice apartment was a no-brainer move when he did it, as both a living necessity and an investment. he's said he wants a real house with property soon so im sure thats the next step.

well, that museum is one of the more interesting places to go in the city. opie has made it clear that he can live well without being extravagant. his place costs a lot obviously, but when you heard about his most recent car breaking down, its clear he prefers to live in a zone where he only gets what he needs.

DeadAnus

Nov 14, 2009
do you think he's being pretentious having a place close to work and going to a modern art museum? i think he's in a nice zone where he wants to pick up some basic culture (as in something other than dickjokes), but is well aware of what over the top yuppieism is, considering the way he speaks of his neighbors. i'm pretty relieved when he bashes them in very specific terms.

i dont think anyone associated with the show can get away from the white trashness of their pasts and basic personalities.

i think in opie's case buying a nice apartment was a no-brainer move when he did it, as both a living necessity and an investment. he's said he wants a real house with property soon so im sure thats the next step.

well, that museum is one of the more interesting places to go in the city. opie has made it clear that he can live well without being extravagant. his place costs a lot obviously, but when you heard about his most recent car breaking down, its clear he prefers to live in a zone where he only gets what he needs.
Dont get me wrong, I love the guys. But dont try to be something your clearly not. This is why I respect Anthony so much, he knows what he came from and he's able to look back still be himself despite his success.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
Dont get me wrong, I love the guys. But dont try to be something your clearly not.
Nobody got you wrong. You're an ass.

In your world since my dad was a foundry worker I should have stayed in that fucking factory running a turret lathe doing the same boring movements eight hours a day and never tried college or a shirt-and-tie job.

Quit trying to be cutely pretentious with your Opie-bashing. It's not working.

DeadAnus

Nov 14, 2009
Nobody got you wrong. You're an ass.

In your world since my dad was a foundry worker I should have stayed in that fucking factory running a turret lathe doing the same boring movements eight hours a day and never tried college or a shirt-and-tie job.

Quit trying to be cutely pretentious with your Opie-bashing. It's not working.
Once again, I agree. Stay in your social class, the world needs more lathe workers than it needs heirs to a big plumbing company. Trust me, I do know my place. Sorry I hurt your feelings, not sarcasm.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
Once again, I agree. Stay in your social class, the world needs more lathe workers than it needs heirs to a big plumbing company. Trust me, I do know my place. Sorry I hurt your feelings, not sarcasm.
Hurt my feelings? That little rejoinder typifies your inability to comprehend what makes the man and is the perfect example of your poor aim. Trust me, a twerp like you can't hurt me in any way. I've always known my place ... climbing the ladder to a comfortable existence, an educated environment, and some modicum of cultural stimulation.

And the question has been begged: Are the boys a source of culture? :)

DeadAnus

Nov 14, 2009
Lets not let our differing opinions get in the way of us being forum pals.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
This is known as Outsider Art. Like when they do an exhibit by a retarded kid that eats candy and drools on a canvas in different colors.

DeadAnus

Nov 14, 2009
"My kid could paint that" Great concept. ...or is it?

xingcat

May 26, 2011
The videos appear to be part of a project called myblockNYC.com. From their website:

MyBlockNYC.com is an interactive mapping website that captures and presents personal video accounts of the life and culture of New York City in order to create an intimate, evolving, and complete portrait of this great city. Users upload videos geographically, building the first fully interactive video map of New York City.

The MyBlock Assignment:
Share the moments you see on the wild streets of New York City. You can upload videos you have already have on your cell phone or computer, or explore the city and capture what you see. Each video should be shot outdoors and take place on a single block.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
His tweet gave the impression that this is some exclusive Opie's Flipcam exhibit... Which is like claiming you're in the motion picture industry because you've uploaded a few videos to YouTube

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Who knows, maybe what he shows to us slobs is half his work and the other half is some beautiful, The Tree of Life type shit.

Or it could be in conjunction with that Day in the Life movie coming out soon.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
His tweet gave the impression that this is some exclusive Opie's Flipcam exhibit... Which is like claiming you're in the motion picture industry because you've uploaded a few videos to YouTube
Sorry...disagree.

There is certainly an aura of excitement in his post, but I don't get some arrogant exclusive attitude from him.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
It's My Birthday!
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Who knows, maybe what he shows to us slobs is half his work and the other half is some beautiful, The Tree of Life type shit.

Or it could be in conjunction with that Day in the Life movie coming out soon.
Opie likes to think of his vids as a mix between Tree of Life and Observe and Report.