Opinion please on game system Winter 2007

Redelta 88

Freeplay Convert
Dec 2, 2005
Ontariario
The Time Has Come To Decide

I was over a friend's place and I was finally introduced to the addictiveness of Guitar Hero. He had it on his PS2. I have the Xbox1 and for some reason you can't get GH 3 on it. I want to get a new console but can't decide if I should get a 360 or a PS3. I am hoping to hear opinions on the consoles (no, I am not interested in a wii, thank you) other than the old reviews that I found online.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Redelta 88

Freeplay Convert
Dec 2, 2005
Ontariario
Uh, oh. Popcorn guy doesn't bode well for me getting a clear concise answer...

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
I was over a friend's place and I was finally introduced to the addictiveness of Guitar Hero. He had it on his PS2. I have the Xbox1 and for some reason you can't get GH 3 on it. I want to get a new console but can't decide if I should get a 360 or a PS3. I am hoping to hear opinions on the consoles (no, I am not interested in a wii, thank you) other than the old reviews that I found online.
Then what happened?

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
360. Better exclusives, better games in general. Just keep it well ventilated fo you don't get the RROD

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
From what I've seen they both offer amazing graphics and gameplay. 360 has been out longer so has many, many more games, although the PS3 will catch up over time. Rumors of mass failure have plagued both systems, from the red ring of death on the 360 to the burning down the house stories on the PS3. I've had my PS3 for a year and my house is still standing. I think that is more myth than fact. Don't know about the red ring of death. I don't have a 360, so I can't speak to what sets it apart from PS3 aside from exclusive games such as Halo, but here are the unique things I enjoy about my PS3:

- Blu Ray player that also upconverts regular DVD's
- Backwards compatibility - If you don't have PS2, this is obviously meaningless to you.
- Free online play
- Playstation store releases a couple games a month for $10 or less, including Stardust HD, one of the funnest time-wasters I've ever played

If you're going to buy a PS3, buy the 80GB for $499. The 40GB model for $399 has only two USB ports, and doesn't have backward compatibility.

Hope that helps?

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
360 obviously has the advantage of the amount of games currently available. PS3 is slowly getting there, but are still behind. I've had no issues with the online play...I've had a few disconnects, but my wireless router isn't all that good. Online is also free, and that was a huge bonus for me.

In terms of reliability, every system has it's bugs and issues. I've had no issues with my PS3...in fact, I've never had a bad PS2 or PS1 either (knock on wood). But, I do hear of some issues with the PS3. As for 360, well, a bag of bread would probably last longer...http://www.wackbag.com/showthread.php?t=79180

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
shit, buy a PC and be done with it

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
and for some reason you can't get GH 3 on it
Because Ms discontinued all support for it so devs have pretty much abandoned the platform.

Rumors of mass failure have plagued both systems, from the red ring of death on the 360 to the burning down the house stories on the PS3.
I've never heard of that. The PS3 has no real defect in its build. The biggest bug that popped up was fan noise on some of the post-launch consoles.

As far as the question. The 360 has better support for GH3. The PS3 can't play GH2 the way it was meant to be played while There's a specific build for the 360 along with a controller. The X-plorer is rather well regarded.

Overall I see the PS3 as being better than the 360 but in terms of games the PS3 is still catching up.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
360 is you want to go nuclear.

PS3 if you want to have shitty online

The only thing the 360 has over the PS3 is Live, nothing else.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
360. Vastly superior games and online play and the tech issues have been fixed on the latest run of systems. You blow up an off-the-shelf brand new 360 at this point and it's likely your fault.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
360. Vastly superior games and online play and the tech issues have been fixed on the latest run of systems.
vastly superior games??? Other than Mass Effect, Gears, and Crackdown, name any other games that are "vastly" superior. And if you throw Halo 3 in there you are a cunt

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
vastly superior games??? Other than Mass Effect, Gears, and Crackdown, name any other games that are "vastly" superior. And if you throw Halo 3 in there you are a cunt
Bioshock, Dead rising, Chromehounds, Lost Planet (though, I think you are finally getting a port) and yes, Halo. Not my thing, but if you deny it's superiority in the genre you are just a retard.

Actually, I go the other way. Except for maybe FF, PS3 games are still just shit unless it's a non-exclusive. There are a couple that are okay, but they are mostly meh.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
The Xbox has more and better exclusives. It is easier and cheeper to develope for the 360, so that trend will continue.

Think about how well the PS2 did last generation. They're STILL making games for that thing.

360 already won this generation. Not that it would be worthless to get a PS3 if you really want one, there will still be games and it does double as a Blue Ray player, but you will not have as good a selection of next gen games.

That's what I want from my console, games.

That and to swing around a faggoty little remote. I love the stupid Wii.

Bioshock, Dead rising, Chromehounds, Lost Planet (though, I think you are finally getting a port) and yes, Halo. Not my thing, but if you deny it's superiority in the genre you are just a retard.

Actually, I go the other way. Except for maybe FF, PS3 games are still just shit unless it's a non-exclusive. There are a couple that are okay, but they are mostly meh.
A couple that are "okay"?

Have you played Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Folklore, Motorstorm, Superstardust, or Everyday Shooter?

Do yourself a favor, buy an Xbox, in fact, buy two, that way you can hook up the second while after you first one craps out in a few months. :D

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
You know what's funny...About once a month someone starts this same exact thread...

I have all 3 of the new systems and out of all of them I play the 360 the most. There is not a huge difference in graphics as of this point and they do have better games. And if you like to play online then this is the easiest choice ever, go with XBOX. The PSN network is the worst piece of horse shit ever...

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
Halo. Not my thing, but if you deny it's superiority in the genre you are just a retard.

Superiority or just fanboi backing? Halo in any form is garbage and nothing spectacular. FPS gaming belongs on PC's ONLY, otherwise it's just who can auto-aim best.

To the OP, if you already own a PC, buy a PS3, all of XBOX 360's "exclusives" eventually release on PC with everything that the XBOX Live idiots had to pay for. If you don't own a PC, buy a 360 now and a PS3 later. By mid 2008 the PS3 is going to truly show it's glory with Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy.

Though I'm already enjoying Motorstorm, Uncharted, Warhawk and Ratchet & Clank. (I just bought my PS3).

I bought GH3 this weekend, but won't play it until Xmas...