Orbitcast: Booker to replace O and A at Krock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, NY
Breaking News:

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/from-the-rumor-mill-krock-mornings-to-change.html

Hot on the heals of Opie & Anthony being dropped from the WJFK lineup, comes word that changes could be coming to the morning slot for K-Rock.

According to a reliable source, Chris Booker has been telling people that he is taking over mornings at K-Rock when Opie & Anthony's contract expires. The source only gave this information under the condition of anonymity.

Booker is currently the host of the Q102 Philadelphia morning drive show, though is probably best known for his work at K-Rock New York where he met Howard Stern and appeared numerous times on Stern's show.

Opie & Anthony announced they would simulcast on both terrestrial and XM Satellite Radio in April, 2006.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Booker is one of Hoo-Hoo's devotees (along the lines of Kidd Chris)... He left NY to get the morning slot at Q102 in Philly. He's banging that nutty news chick Alicia Lane, the one who just got fired.

Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, NY
Wasn't he banging J-Lo's sister?
yes . . . they did the morning show on NEW for a while when it was "mix" or "fresh" or "blinK" or whatever it was . . . it bombed

he used to do either afternoons or evenings at krock, he wasn't very good and I don't think he was a ratings or headlines grabber (because for fucking J-lo's sister)

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
Cool. Hanging with Howie means he knows all the tricks of hack radio. He should be very successful in the morning slot.

Hope he'll have electriceelman on speed dial.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Aren't him and Jimmy friends? But yeah, he's probably best known for his VH1 stuff.

shimrra

Hello Ladies
Aug 14, 2007
Booker wasnt he in NY awhile back? If this rumor is true this sucks balls.

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
This guy blows in Philly. Why would K-Rock hire this faggot?

South Jersey

I told you so ... too
Sep 14, 2004
South Jersey
yes . . . they did the morning show on NEW for a while when it was "mix" or "fresh" or "blinK" or whatever it was . . . it bombed

he used to do either afternoons or evenings at krock, he wasn't very good and I don't think he was a ratings or headlines grabber (because for fucking J-lo's sister)
Wasn't Al Dukes his hole when he was at KROCK?

stinkbud

Muffin gets yellow treats!!!!
Apr 1, 2005
I predict a Ramone call or two to get through if this DOES come to fruition...

EDIT: OOOOH - my 100th post!

Legend of Snuka

Mar 29, 2005
NY
I thought Booker was in that Harlem Heat tag team...Wasn't he also the last WCW Heavyweight champion.....How does he get a radio show?

GoldenOne

May 17, 2007
Bridgewater, Joisey
Breaking News:

According to a reliable source, Chris Booker has been telling people that he is taking over mornings at K-Rock when Opie & Anthony's contract expires. The source only gave this information under the condition of anonymity.
So a "reliable source" heard a guy say he was getting one of the most coveted time slots in radio, and this is news?

BravoSierra

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
He's on a Top 40 station, how's he going to handle the flip to country?

drew the blue

a girl's asshole
May 16, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Chris Booker has been telling people that he is taking over mornings at K-Rock when Opie & Anthony's contract expires.
Maybe he's just lying his ass off to get his name in the news? The radio biz is full of lying publicity whores. Orbitcasts' only source is his word of mouth.

Has anyone ever had a problem with the integrity of Orbitcast's journalism? They seem fairly official and legit from the few times I've glanced on their website.

I'm assuming that O&A's contract expires in April? On the 2nd aniversary of their return to FM?

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
Well, Booker is popular in the Seacrest mold (mass appeal to mass audience with shit taste), so that would be consistent with the only kind of jock the radio station could replace an O and A with.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
According to a reliable source, Chris Booker has been telling people that he is taking over mornings at K-Rock when Opie & Anthony's contract expires.
That doesn't necessarily mean that CBS isn't planning on renewing their contract in April. This could just be a contingency plan in case Mel forbids a syndication deal - if the merger even goes through before then.

B

BadKitty_enc

no fucking way...

i'll confirm tomorrow AM, but i know the krock people...not gonna happen (at least not yet). although it'd be kinda nice to hear booker again (in the afternoon...he used to amuse me). but nik & schwenk are WAY better.
anyway, NOT THE POINT, o&a aren't goin anywhere...for awhile on krock anyway

The Full Bug

Neuw Pleumes!
Nov 21, 2004
I am completely uninformed on the subject of O&A's future with Krock and CBS and this isn't even conjecture about that, just a random observation....

If I was getting ready to shit can the guys, I wouldn't let ANYBODY know it until they were off the air for good, out of the building and the locks on the doors changed. If Opie found out he was on the outs, he would do everything in his power to take the station down with him. It would be great listening for us, not so great for management. :action-sm

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
I am completely uninformed on the subject of O&A's future with Krock and CBS and this isn't even conjecture about that, just a random observation....

If I was getting ready to shit can the guys, I wouldn't let ANYBODY know it until they were off the air for good, out of the building and the locks on the doors changed. If Opie found out he was on the outs, he would do everything in his power to take the station down with him. It would be great listening for us, not so great for management. :action-sm
But this isn't supposed to take place until after their contract expires. I don't think that the boys expect the contract to be renewed, especially if the merger goes through. So i don't think it will be a real issue for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.