Orlando Magic player's father missing.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5525455

The water search for Floyd Pete Nelson is over. It was called off around 4:00 Friday afternoon. The 57-year-old Nelson was last seen walking toward the Purple Hays tugboat where he worked. That was 11:00 Thursday morning. He hasn't been seen since.
"We didn't see nothing or hear nothing, and the boys on the dry docks heard nothing, seen nothing. So it's a mystery to all of us," Harry Hays said Friday
"We have no idea where he went, if he went in at all, so we are searching the entire area," said dive team coordinator Ernest Manurchia.
Forty-two people on the ground and another six divers under water for twenty minutes at a time searched for Nelson. The presumption was that Nelson accidentally fell overboard.
"If he was in that location and something happened to him medically, he might have fallen over," Chester Police Chief John Finnegan said. "I can't think of anything else, unless he walked off, but I don't know why he would."
The current in the fast-moving Delaware River made the search difficult.
"You can't see anything. You can't see your hands in front of your face. Everything comes by touch. When the divers go down, they're actually feeling around. They're not seeing anything," said Manurchia.
Inside a black SUV, NBA star Jameer Nelson came to the scene hoping to learn good news about his missing father. Jameer's mother talked to investigators about the search while relatives and friends gathered, all clinging to hope.
Floyd Nelson, a Vietnam War veteran, wrote a book about his son's basketball career in 2004 entitled "Jameer."
Jameer Nelson was a basketball standout at Chester High School and Saint Joseph's University. He was a first-round draft pick in the 2004 NBA draft and is the starting point guard for the Magic.
"He's very concerned, but he's got a lot of support from a lot of his friends. Even his coach from college was out here yesterday. So he's getting a lot of support. A lot of moral support," said Manurchia.
I know there will be the obligatory bad jokes but I knew the man. My son
played little league with Jameer and his brother. They are good people.
Jameer's father never let his sucess go to his head and still worked a blue collar
job just because he loved it. I suspect he may have had a heart attack and
just fell off the boat into the water. It's a damn shame.
He's a good man that always worked hard and did all he could to give his
sons a better life. I hope somehow he's still alive but I doubt it.
This really sucks ass.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
My father was telling me about this tonight. Very sad... Decent guy who worked hard for a living all his life.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5525455

I know there will be the obligatory bad jokes but I knew the man. My son
played little league with Jameer and his brother. They are good people.
Jameer's father never let his sucess go to his head and still worked a blue collar
job just because he loved it. I suspect he may have had a heart attack and
just fell off the boat into the water. It's a damn shame.
He's a good man that always worked hard and did all he could to give his
sons a better life. I hope somehow he's still alive but I doubt it.
This really sucks ass.
yea, me and the old lady were talking about it, its a shame, but at least he died working, and not a burden on society

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Fuck. They found his body. A boater on the Delaware river spotted the body
about 3 miles downstream today. Tough break for the family.

Clint

Jan 26, 2005
Lubbock, TEXAS
I guess my only question would be why is the father of a rich NBA player still working?

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
That's just the kind of man he was. Jameer always wanted him to retire, but
Pete ( he never liked the name Floyd ) just wouldn't do it. He loved his job
and his coworkers and was very happy working the boats.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Sounds like a good man who raised a fine son, and still did what he always has done and enjoyed. That sucks.
I wish all the usless people and burdens on society would just disapear, instead of the productive and contributors to the community.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
well at least they now have some type of closure, one can only hope he was dead of natural causes before he hit the water, i would really suck if some fucking savage killed him off.
oh and too the rest of the world: that would not be the first body dumped of that dock. Chester PA is the asshole of the state.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
well at least they now have some type of closure, one can only hope he was dead of natural causes before he hit the water, i would really suck if some fucking savage killed him off.
oh and too the rest of the world: that would not be the first body dumped of that dock. Chester PA is the asshole of the state.
My son works for the county 911 dispatch service. It didn't look like a robbery.
All of his stuff was intact at the ship yard so it looks like something happened
to him and he just hit the water. Damn shame. With all of the low lifes that
live in that shit hole city, a good man went instead of some douchebag.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
My son works for the county 911 dispatch service. It didn't look like a robbery.
All of his stuff was intact at the ship yard so it looks like something happened
to him and he just hit the water. Damn shame. With all of the low lifes that
live in that shit hole city, a good man went instead of some douchebag.

me and the "boys in blue" joke about starting a fire and sitting on roof tops in parkside shooting cockroaches on there way out, and i think it was shaks' birth father was murderd or died under suspicious reasons. but i might be wrong

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
WILMINGTON, Del. -- The body pulled from the Delaware River was positively identified as the missing father of Orlando Magic star Jameer Nelson.

Floyd "Pete" Nelson, a 57-year-old welder for a tugboat company, was last seen Thursday working in a dry dock area in the Philadelphia suburb of Chester, Pa. Divers and trained dogs searched the river Friday until about 4 p.m.

The Delaware Medical Examiners office will provide the cause of death and how the body was identified once they finish their investigation, police said Sunday.

Police in Delaware said a boater called 911 on Saturday after spotting the body of a black male floating in the river near Fox Point Park in Wilmington.

Floyd Nelson's lunch and car keys were found in the tug's kitchen area, and his car was nearby, Chester police said. Nelson has worked for the tugboat company for about a decade.

Jameer Nelson starred at Chester High School and Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia. He was a first-round pick in the 2004 NBA draft and starts at point guard for the Magic.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press