Orlando McDonalds makes Mcmistake

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
ORLANDO, Fla. -- An Orlando McDonald's restaurant is under fire for an alleged mistake involving milkshakes. At the restaurant on Narcoossee Road in the Lake Nona area, a customer said she saw McDonald's employees pouring milk into the milkshake machine using a bucket with the words "Soiled Towels Only" on the side of it.

The customer was so troubled by it, she used her cell phone to snap a picture. On Wednesday night, Channel 9 showed that photograph to customers at the location in question, including Marilyn Espinal. When asked if she would continue to eat at the McDonald's, she briefly laughed.

"I'll have to think about it," she said.

"This is a little disturbing if it's a regular practice," another customer said.

Channel 9 also asked the McDonald's Corporation about the matter. They emailed the following statement: "Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have taken swift and immediate action to resolve this matter. Nothing is more important to us than the safety and quality of our food."

The customer, who initially took the cell phone picture, also forwarded the photo and a complaint to McDonald's corporate officials. She told Channel 9 she got a different answer by email: "The machine was cleaned that morning. They sanitized the bucket to capture milk and after the repair work was done they put the milk back in the machine. This was an isolated incident."

The restaurant has generated some hygienic concerns in the past. Channel 9 learned that in August 2007, state investigators found 12 different sanitary violations at the location.

State inspectors are now asking to see the cell phone picture as well, in case another inspection is warranted.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
Dude works at McDonalds. Probably can't read well enough to know what "soiled towels only" means.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
If people knew a fraction of the shit that goes on in kitchens and not just fast food ones, they would never eat out again. I'd say 95% of the population has ingested fecal matter and all kinds of unpleasant shit unknowingly.

So, where are you going for lunch today? :)

guitargod2112

Feb 15, 2006
Who can eat there anyway? The food is disgusting! There's not one item on their menu that I find tasty.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
If people knew a fraction of the shit that goes on in kitchens and not just fast food ones, they would never eat out again. I'd say 95% of the population has ingested fecal matter and all kinds of unpleasant shit unknowingly.

HollywoodCookieDiet.com

Who can eat there anyway? The food is disgusting! There's not one item on their menu that I find tasty.
To each their own. While I realize that McDonald's isn't gourmet food, there are times I get a craving for a Big Mac, or their fries. I am disappointed that I couldn't find a local McDonald's that was serving the Shamrock Shake in March. Damn immigrants don't know what's good for them.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
You know it's futile as the brush that they use to clean the machine looks exactly like a toilet brush... yea... make the connection.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be

How right you are - 100 years ago I worked at a Roy Rogers. Pickles came in these 5 gallon buckets. There was a lot more than pickle juice in the brine. Needless to say, when I take the kids to a fast food place, we get our burgers without pickles.

Aug 10, 2007
Anyone fail to realize that buckets can be cleaned and reused? We use the same five gallon pickle buckets for soaking potatoes, different "off the wall" deserts that need to sit and various other reasons. Overreacting fucksticks.

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
May 21, 2005
Philadelphia
How right you are - 100 years ago I worked at a Roy Rogers. Pickles came in these 5 gallon buckets. There was a lot more than pickle juice in the brine. Needless to say, when I take the kids to a fast food place, we get our burgers without pickles.
Did you work with Fez Man and me?

I worked with managers that would drop burgers on the floor and put them back on the buns. Gotta keep those food costs down.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
I worked at Roy Rogers as a teenager. Good way to earn money for weed and gas. I also found out that fast food places won't fire you for being obviously fucked up on the job when they're short of workers.