Orton deep sixed from Marine movie

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Orton deep sixed from Marine movie

Meltzer:
Due to outrage from the real Marines, WWE has pulled Randy Orton as the star of the third "Marine" movie.
The WWE admitted to tmz.com that the company made poor judgment and apologized to the marines for casting Orton, who deserted the marines twice and served 38 days in military prison before he was signed by WWE.
I never heard that about his past
How idiotic of WWE

Danesy

Cute but psycho, it all evens out.
Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
I posted it in the listening thread:

TMZ said:
WWE superstar Randy Orton has been 86'd from the lead role in the upcoming movie "Marine: Homefront" ... amidst outrage from several Devil Dogs who claim Randy deserted them during his brief stint in the USMC.

A rep for WWE tells us, "WWE demonstrated poor judgment in signing Randy Orton for the 3rd installment of the film."

The rep adds, "Despite Randy's popularity, the fact that he was dishonorably discharged from the USMC made it inappropriate for him to be cast in this film."

The move will surely satisfy Cpl. Mike Vinn ... one of Randy's former unit members who was FURIOUS the wrestler was ever up for the role in the first place ... since Orton received a bad conduct discharge in 1999 after going AWOL on two separate occasions and disobeying an order from a commanding officer.

Orton was court-martialed and served 38 days in a military prison.

Before Orton was scrapped from the project, Vinn told TMZ, "I am disgusted that his face and the word Marine are being used next to each other -- real or fake -- because of the fact that he quit us, the country, and the Marine Corps. [Randy] in the role of a Marine is a disgrace to those that have worn and are wearing that uniform."

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
It's a work. WWE is bringing the entire Marine Corps in as a stable to feud with Randy.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
WWE honcho Vince McMahon is a HERO for booting Randy Orton out of the upcoming "Marine" movie ... this according to the guys who served in the military unit abandoned by WWE superstar back in 1999.

TMZ spoke with Cpl. Mike Vinn ... who tells us, "On behalf of all the Marines from Aco 1/4 98-02, that were outraged to hear about Randy Orton portraying a Marine in the next movie "Marine: Homefront", I'd like to thank the WWE for pulling Orton from the role when they heard about his disloyal service to the United States Marine Corps."

Vinn adds, "It shows respect for not only the unit I had served in, but for every person that has ever defended this nation. Thank you WWE."

TMZ broke the story ... WWE officials made the decision to pull Orton from the flick when they discovered the wrestler had received a bad conduct discharge from the Marines in 1999 after going AWOL on 2 separate occasions.
I think it's funny Vince and WWE are getting praised for pulling him out 'when they found out'....yeah it's been known for years that he was dishonorably discharged and they knew that when they signed him in the first place.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Fuck, I think I posted something once about "why is Orton doing the USO thing after he got tossed from the military?" (Re: WWE doing shows in the sandbox)

I guess him entertaining them was ok, but pretending to be one of them again was a bridge too far.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I think it's funny Vince and WWE are getting praised for pulling him out 'when they found out'....yeah it's been known for years that he was dishonorably discharged and they knew that when they signed him in the first place.
Not only did they know it, I have a vague memory of it being discussed years ago in a documentary-style TV segment during one of their shows (maybe a promo for a DVD?) including an interview with his dad talking about how Randy called him and said he wanted to come home and knew he had made a mistake. I guess there was a company-wide amnesia outbreak.

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
I can't judge him. I don't know what he did. If he pussied out that's one thing but what if he just smoked weed or something?

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Breaking news: Hornswoggle to replace Orton in The Marine 3.

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
I recently heard about this, and I just wanted to laugh at the Jizzbucket's misfortune.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Miz will be the star now

I like Miz but not as a tough guy Marine