Oscar Nominations - Ceremony is 2/24/19. Prepare to be triggered

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I know we are making jokes, but god damn it Hollywood, Black Panther wasn't even the best comic book movie of the year.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Starting to see some outrage that no female directors were nominated.

Here's my thing with the snubs - If you're going to complain that Bradley Cooper didn't get a nod for Best Director, then you should have to name who shouldn't have gotten nominated. Be bold in your reporting.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator

Here's my thing with the snubs - If you're going to complain that Bradley Cooper didn't get a nod for Best Director, then you should have to name who shouldn't have gotten nominated. Be bold in your reporting.

Pigdango

Donator
Did you put the timestamp in there? I never made it through the whole monologue, so I'm not sure if you did that on purpose or if that's just where I left off.

Either way, I hate you.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Did you put the timestamp in there? I never made it through the whole monologue, so I'm not sure if you did that on purpose or if that's just where I left off.

Either way, I hate you.
It was stamped. Glad you didn't miss out.

Pigdango

Donator
It was stamped. Glad you didn't miss out.
The worst part is how she can barely stop herself from cracking up about how funny she is.

It just occurred to me that Lids was bitching about not having anything to talk about or goof on, but for whatever reason he got annoyed that you tagged him in on this.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
The worst part is how she can barely stop herself from cracking up about how funny she is.

It just occurred to me that Lids was bitching about not having anything to talk about or goof on, but for whatever reason he got annoyed that you tagged him in on this.
OUT

RAGE!!!

LiddyRules

I'll have more thoughts later. Mostly involving snubs. Though I did want to see Fake Writer Lady, but that was one of those films that kept getting hung up.

Of the film's nominated for Best Picture I've seen: Pan, Klan, Fav, Roma, and Vice -- I think Favourite is my preferred film.

Pigdango

Donator
I'll have more thoughts later. Mostly involving snubs. Though I did want to see Fake Writer Lady, but that was one of those films that kept getting hung up.

Of the film's nominated for Best Picture I've seen: Pan, Klan, Fav, Roma, and Vice -- I think Favourite is my preferred film.
Racist.

Pigdango

Donator
I bet he doesn't have a female director in his top 5.
I'm going to try to name 5 female directors just off the top of my head.

Katheryn Bigelow
Amy Heckerling
The co-director of Captain Marvel. Bodeen something?
Mimi Leder

Shit.

Does Penny Marshall still count? I want partial credit there.

Wait - Patty Jenkins! #NailedIt

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator

Katheryn Bigelow
Amy Heckerling
Mimi Leder

Shit.

Lana Wachowski?

And his sister now too I guess?

Pigdango

Donator
Let's see who I missed:

Jane Campion. Ok, but has she even made a movie since The Piano?
Sofia Coppola. Same question, but with Lost in Translation
Ava DuVernay - I probably should have remembered her
Greta Gerwig - Ok, she's made one fucking movie.
Catherine Hardwicke - Seems she got blackballed a bit after Twilight. Still working, but definitely pushed aside.
Nancy Meyers - She's made a bunch of movies I've heard of, but I've never heard of her. #Patriarchy

LiddyRules

Lynn Ramsay made my favorite movie this year. Also, a lady directed The Rider.

LiddyRules

Katheryn Bigelow
Amy Heckerling
Mimi Leder

Shit.

Wait - Patty Jenkins! #NailedIt
I think a lady directed that Ruth Bader Ginsburg biopic so beloved by woke Hollywood liberals it was nominated for all the rewards.

Pigdango

Donator
I think a lady directed that Ruth Bader Ginsburg biopic so beloved by woke Hollywood liberals it was nominated for all the rewards.
Mimi Leder.
And yet you still can't spell her name, misogynist.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
You Were Never Really Here? 2017 but it's the latest one she directed according to IMDB. I've seen some of it and it can't be that.