Oscar Nominations - Ceremony is 2/24/19. Prepare to be triggered

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
You Were Never Really Here? 2017 but it's the latest one she directed according to IMDB. I've seen some of it and it can't be that.
Oh fuck he went there. I'm gonna just sit on the Outrage! story I was about to post and watch this one...

Pigdango

Donator
What did I miss? Is that the movie? That can't be the movie.
To be serious, Joaquin is one of my favorite actors right now. You Were Never Really Here is my best of 2018.

I really just wanted to praise YWNRH. It's amazing.
I still don't believe that this is a real thing, but if it is real, I'm at least tentatively curious about it. I have no idea what to make of this other I really trust Phoenix as an actor. Have you seen YWNRH yet? It's my favorite movie of 2018, and this has been an outstanding year for movies.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Before I fight him, I have to watch it all the way through. Maybe it gets better. It has to.

Pigdango

Donator
"Outstanding year for movies"

Best Picture
Black Panther
BlacKkKlansman
Bohemian Rhapsody
The Favourite
Green Book
Roma
A Star Is Born
Vice

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
I shall reevaluate based on what I have seen as of late, but for the first maybe 3/4 of the year it was in my number one slot.

What's your favorite of the year?

LiddyRules

Best Picture
Black Panther
BlacKkKlansman
Bohemian Rhapsody
The Favourite
Green Book
Roma
A Star Is Born
Vice

OSCARS DON'T MEAN EVERYTHING!

I think First Man should have been nominated.

I think Beemy Raps has a good shot a winning actually and no one will talk about Singer.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Have you guys ever fought about a movie? At first I was like

And then I thought about it and said:
We haven't had many disagreements but a few come to mind...

Her. It didn't work for me but I get the appeal. Odd that it is another Phoenix movie.

The Guest. We disagreed on the lead's performance. That one I don't get.

Pigdango

Donator
Anyway, back to the outrage!

https://deadline.com/2019/01/netflix-roma-wont-play-amc-1202539240/

AMC Theatres & Regal Bar Netflix’s ‘Roma’ From Oscar Best Picture Nom Showcases
by Anthony D'Alessandro

January 22, 2019 8:30am

EXCLUSIVE: AMC Theatres and Regal Cinemas are sticking to their guns, and will only play those Oscar best picture nominees who had a traditional theatrical release and respected the 90-day cinema window.

This morning in the wake of Netflix’s Roma earning 10 Oscar noms, leading exhibitor AMC promptly issued a statement that Alfonso Cuaron’s black and white Spanish film will not be included in its annual Best Picture Showcase which features all the Oscar-nominated titles in the category.
AMC’s statement is below:
“For more than a decade, movie-lovers have enjoyed the AMC Best Picture Showcase to catch up on the nominated films that played at AMC throughout the prior year. This year, Academy members nominated a film that was never licensed to AMC to play in our theatres. As such, it is not included in the AMC Best Picture Showcase.”
Regal Cinemas is also not playing Roma as part of their Oscar best picture showcase, but buried that lead in their press release this morning, simply listing that Black Panther, BlacKkKlansman, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Favourite, Green Book, A Star Is Born and Vice were part of their Best Picture Film Festival. Regal’s Best Picture Film Festival runs Feb. 15-Feb. 24 with passes available on Jan. 23 at their box office or Regal mobile app for $35.
In an effort to give Roma a qualifying theatrical release and meet director Alfonso Cuaron’s wants for a big screen play of the film, Netflix rolled out Roma on Nov. 21 at the IFC Center in New York, and the Landmark 57 and Pico Blvd location in Hollywood. They expanded gradually to Academy voter markets for two weekends after that before streaming Roma worldwide on Dec. 14. Deadline hears that exhibitors were offered to play Roma after that period at a generous rental rate that worked in their favor.

Typically the big chains like AMC and Regal do not play day and date theatrical SVOD releases, or in this case something akin to the truncated one that Netflix executed.
We also hear that Cinemark will not be playing Roma however the chain has yet to confirm that.

Pigdango

Donator
OSCARS DON'T MEAN EVERYTHING!

I think First Man should have been nominated.
You don't get to have it both ways, calling me stupid because you assumed I wouldn't like a movie I haven't seen that you struggled to find a way to pretend to like because it was going to get nominated for an Oscar, and then saying Oscars don't matter. I'm not pretentious. Doesn't make me stupid. I'd rather own my love for superhero movies than hide my love for them behind something I hawked from a review about shot composition.

@Neon predicted noms and wins for First Man even before the first trailer. I wonder if he ever even saw it?

LiddyRules

You don't get to have it both ways, calling me stupid because you assumed I wouldn't like a movie I haven't seen that you struggled to find a way to pretend to like because it was going to get nominated for an Oscar, and then saying Oscars don't matter. I'm not pretentious. Doesn't make me stupid. I'd rather own my love for superhero movies than hide my love for them behind something I hawked from a review about shot composition.
I can have it all ways! This is the Internet!

What are we fighting about?

Pigdango

Donator
We haven't had many disagreements but a few come to mind...

Her. It didn't work for me but I get the appeal. Odd that it is another Phoenix movie.

The Guest. We disagreed on the lead's performance. That one I don't get.
I thought Stevens was good in the Charles Dickens movie that otherwise wasn't that great.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Best Picture
Black Panther
BlacKkKlansman
Bohemian Rhapsody
The Favourite
Green Book
Roma
A Star Is Born
Vice

"I'm gonna sit back and grab my popcorn. Fuck it, this is going too slow. I'll fight Liddy again!"

LiddyRules

I thought Stevens was good in the Charles Dickens movie that otherwise wasn't that great.
Apparently Tom Hardy and Steven Knight are going to do their own version of A Christmas Carol. Which still won't be as disturbing as the Zemeckis one.

Pigdango

Donator
Apparently Tom Hardy and Steven Knight are going to do their own version of A Christmas Carol. Which still won't be as disturbing as the Zemeckis one.
Hopefully that mumbling fuck is playing the ghost of Christmas yet to come