Oscar Nominations - Ceremony is 2/24/19. Prepare to be triggered

Floyd1977

So is BRs chances fucked since Singer has been newly accused of kid touching........again.

DiggerNick

Donator
So BLAND PANTHER is one of the best movies but doesn't get a single writing or acting nomination?

I'm happy for Richard E. Grant. I've been a fan of his most of my life, ever since I saw WARLOCK. The rest I couldn't give a fat rat's crack about.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
So BLAND PANTHER is one of the best movies but doesn't get a single writing or acting nomination?

I'm happy for Richard E. Grant. I've been a fan of his most of my life, ever since I saw WARLOCK. The rest I couldn't give a fat rat's crack about.
Ah, but what is Julian Sands doing now? Kicking his tv set in.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
I'd like First Reformed to win for screenplay. Its a good enough movie in its own right but it would also serve as a sort of Lifetime Achievement Award for Paul Schrader.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Was Black Panther even the best Superhero Movie of its year? I bet lots of people would say its Infinity War, or Aquaman or Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. Maybe Best Superhero Movie could be its own category, along with categories like Brazen Oscar Bait Period Pieces That Nobody Saw.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Was Black Panther even the best Superhero Movie of its year? I bet lots of people would say its Infinity War, or Aquaman or Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. Maybe Best Superhero Movie could be its own category, along with categories like Brazen Oscar Bait Period Pieces That Nobody Saw.
I didn’t see Spider-Verse, but I would rank BP third behind Infinity War and Aquaman, and you could probably talk me into putting it behind Venom, which was horrible, but also a lot of fun.

Shit I forgot Deadpool 2. That was ok, but obviously the most forgettable movie of the year

Last edited:

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
I didn’t see Spider-Verse, but I would rank BP third behind Infinity War and Aquaman, and you could probably talk me into putting it behind Venom, which was horrible, but also a lot of fun.

Shit I forgot Deadpool 2. That was ok, but obviously the most forgettable movie of the year
Not as forgettable as Ant Man 2 apparently.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I'd rather re-watch Ant-Man 2 and Deadpool 2 over BP tbh.
I think BP has the most to like out of all three movies but also the most to hate.

I got in a Shuri gif loop vs Liddy a few weeks ago and I think she was the single best thing in all of them.

LiddyRules

I'd rather re-watch Ant-Man 2 and Deadpool 2 over BP tbh.
I would too, but I think Black Panther is the overall stronger movie. And while BP might get muddled and bloated, the overall story works better than the other two.

I was thinking about Ant-Man and the Wasp and how I kind of liked that the villains were a bunch of idiot henchmen led by Walton Goggins with no powers or abilities. That smaller story as compared to the largeness of Infinity War. And it's not even that he was a great character; it was having the main antagonist being an average idiot in a superhero movie that was kind of fun.

Then I realized I completely forgot about the existence of Lawrence Fishburne and Ghost. During the movie, I liked how they both became good guys and got away, but they left no impression on me. And while you might say that Klaw was similarly unnecessary, he was so memorable and brought an energy to his scenes that the other two didn't.

Deadpool 2 was more a collection of comedic scenes than anything resembling a story. I don't necessarily meant that as an insult; I liked the collection of comedic scenes. But it mostly succeeds on the strength of Reynolds' performance whereas it felt like Deadpool 1 had something a bit more going on.

While I'm not as interested in re-watching Black Panther, I thought they did a good job introducing a bunch of new characters we never met before and the entire Wakanda mythology.

LiddyRules

I'd like First Reformed to win for screenplay. Its a good enough movie in its own right but it would also serve as a sort of Lifetime Achievement Award for Paul Schrader.
I was quietly hoping for Hawke to be nominated. Obviously, he wouldn't be able to defeat the duo of Malek/Bale, but he was really good in this. I've seen 4/5 of the Best Original Screenplay nominees (Green Book being the sole exception), and First Reformed ought to get it.