Oscar Nominations - Ceremony is 2/24/19. Prepare to be triggered

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Black Panther has won a lot. Think that will be the talking point for why it won't win Best Picture?
As long as Blackkkkkkkklansman don’t win I don’t care what does.

But BP bringing home 3 awards is pretty cool.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
No homo, but Christ almighty that fucking Williams Superman score gets me every fickimg time.
Makes me think of Superhero Jimmy stopping a stolen bus in the gritty streets of NYC

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Nice to know Rep. John Lewis has time to show up for this...
Of course he had to remind everyone yet again of how he was mistreated 10 million years ago. You were once oppressed. WE GET IT!!!

Floyd1977

As long as Blackkkkkkkklansman don’t win I don’t care what does.

But BP bringing home 3 awards is pretty cool.
Could be sweeping. Huge likelihood it wins BP now. It’s pretty much swept every award it was nominated for so far.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Olivia Colman was great in Broadchurch and The Night Manager, so I'm sure she was great in That Movie I'll Never See.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
Roma winning shit gives Netflix a legitimacy they absolutely haven't earned. Cuarón is the 19-year-old pitcher dominating Little League.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Green Book for best picture? Oh, how boring.

Edit: Best Screenplay, too. Fuck. I wanted First Reformed to win.

Floyd1977

Green Book for best picture? Oh, how boring.
Well at least Dumb & Dumber, Kingpin, There’s Something About Mary guy has an Oscar now (not that those weren’t very funny moives, and Me Myself and Irene very underrated).

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
I would have been pissed if BR won since it was undeclared science fiction.
I don't know enough of the band's history to judge it one way or the other, but @DiggerNick did a good job of painting it as a "Behind the Music" documentary, and now I can't think of it any other way.

I saw somebody shitting on Rami Malek claiming his performance was just glorified lip syncing, and the defense was "No, he had to really sing so his neck muscles looked right." Yeah, he's just like Brando.

Floyd1977

I don't know enough of the band's history to judge it one way or the other, but @DiggerNick did a good job of painting it as a "Behind the Music" documentary, and now I can't think of it any other way.

I saw somebody shitting on Rami Malek claiming his performance was just glorified lip syncing, and the defense was "No, he had to really sing so his neck muscles looked right." Yeah, he's just like Brando.
Malek was good, I don’t have any gripe with him winning, but the movie was factually bullshit.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Colman's speech was rather practiced upon reflection.

click

Man, are they pissed Green book won. I don't get what their problem
is exactly. That we don't need no white man blah blah

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I was distracted at the last Green Book producer guy being booed (?) when trying to tack on the Carrie Fisher memoriam. Was that a racial thing?