Other Questions for Don King?

nimsu

The Duck Goes Quack
Nov 14, 2004
Just listened to the Don King interview and thought the guys did a great job. I was really hoping they would ask Don King about Al Sharpton. Kind of his opinion on the guy, since they are both outspoken, high profile people in the black community.

Any other questions you would have liked asked?

Feb 20, 2007
I love your sig I cant stop watching it.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
I'd definately ask him how he gets his hair the way he does. I always wanted to know that. I'd also ask him about his relationship with Mike Tyson. I mean, Tyson fired him as his manager, so I always wantd to find out about what happened. And, I'd ask him how he feels about Rev. Al

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
so.. did Mikey give the gift or receive? Was it tight?

When did you plan to put tits on him & work bowery anyway? You shoulda picked the shrink.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
and his closer was even better...

Opie: What did it feel like to kill someone
Don King: <brilliant rambling answer>
Opie: So it felt good.

GENIUS!
DK didn't kill anyone he was just involved in the crime...

My question.....

What did Manilla smell like? How many ho's did you purchase?

Musta been a great place for a rich black man to go before the A.I.D.S huh?

Did you get in touch with your blackness?

what did you think of it?

did you buy one of those oookie poookie masks?

Did Muhamid Ali really believe in that shit or was avoided the war?

Why didn,t you represent Clubber Lang?

Was buckwheat your hero?

I got more but I,m not getting paid for this.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Does it bother you that Bald Eagles look down and think...Fucking nice nest! Now if it were only higher!?????

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
I'd definately ask him how he gets his hair the way he does. I always wanted to know that. I'd also ask him about his relationship with Mike Tyson. I mean, Tyson fired him as his manager, so I always wantd to find out about what happened. And, I'd ask him how he feels about Rev. Al
don king rarely pays what he signed for. he gives a ton of excuses like the ppv didnt make enough money. when they question it legally, cause of the contract, he offers them far less in cash in person.

he says if he owes a black fighter money, like 1 million, if he instead offers them 550 K cash in person instead, they'll always take the cash and not hold him to the contract.

he'll do that when he signs fighters. other promoters will offer a lucrative contract. he'll show up and offer the fighter cash in a suitcase instead and they'll go with him. hes a street hustler, and damn good at it

jstew8

Jul 17, 2005
Mr. King

Is it true that if you stop speaking for 50 Sec. your head will explode ?

umo

Jan 27, 2005
Except for Vince McMahon, has there ever been a more successful promoter than Don King?

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
Except for Vince McMahon, has there ever been a more successful promoter than Don King?
thats where he belongs, where the sport is fake and he can promote a fake sport. He has ruined boxing and made it faker than wrestling. He is a great promoter tho. You can hate him but when you hear him speak you can't help but like him, he sure is good at getting his message out and sticking to his subject.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Oscar De La Hoya is arguably the most powerful boxing promoter ever. and hes probably not half as powerful now as he'll be in another 10 years.

umo

Jan 27, 2005
Don King promoted:

Muhammed Ali (rumble in the jungle & thrilla in manila)
all larry holmes title fights
all wilfred benitez title fights
all mike tyson fights in the 1980s
Promoted george foreman, joe frazier, roberto duran, alexis arguello
Promoted Michael Jackson 1884 Victory Tour

De la Hoya will have to promote many more decades to top King's resume.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Don King promoted:

Muhammed Ali (rumble in the jungle & thrilla in manila)
all larry holmes title fights
all wilfred benitez title fights
all mike tyson fights in the 1980s
Promoted george foreman, joe frazier, roberto duran, alexis arguello
Promoted Michael Jackson 1884 Victory Tour

De la Hoya will have to promote many more decades to top King's resume.
thats pretty much just the HW division. De La Hoya has a strangle hold of not only most boxing divisions, but he has HBO in his pocket as well. now he just purchased Ring magazine, which most people were using for the most legit rankings, including espn and hbo. its ridiculous how much power oscar has over the entire sport, not just one or two divisions. and he just makes other fighters his partners, or regional partners. which is basically just as good as them working for him.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
King has put on greater fights (thus far in dlh's career) and King made his whole career out of nothing. just his street hustler skills. with a formal education this guy would be a CEO.

DLH is a different situation, his boxing career and popularity, built up from a gold medal by Arum (whos an amazing promoter in his own right), his relationship with HBO, made it much easier. promotion was set up for him. but hes got an insane amount of power in boxing right now. hes coming off his last fight despite losing sold 2.3 million ppvs, he made over 50 million in his purse, let alone the fact that he promoted it, and now promotes the next fight of the guy that beat him. to have the influence over the major boxing network, dominating all the major boxing dates out of the year in the venues he wants, and the respect he commands (business wise) from other boxers, most better than him, is amazing. the guys like mayweather and wright that want to start their own promotion companies do it with golden boy, basically kicking up a percentage to oscar for all intents and purposes

whats surprising to me is that despite don kings awful reputation, much of it well earned, boxing writers old and young speak of King much more highly than one would think.

IsThatATrain ?

Some things look better with a few dents in them.
Apr 27, 2005
Staten Island
I'd like to ask Don King -

Why, when the "white devils" Cus D'Amato & Teddy Atlas were in charge of Tyson's career, he was "The Baddest Man on the Planet", but the minute you got you money grubbing, ****** mits on the guy, he turned into a tiger wrestling has been ?

And...cunt.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
I'd like to ask Don King -

Why, when the "white devils" Cus D'Amato & Teddy Atlas were in charge of Tyson's career, he was "The Baddest Man on the Planet", but the minute you got you money grubbing, ****** mits on the guy, he turned into a tiger wrestling has been ?

And...cunt.