Outline of Feinstein proposed gun ban

MagicBob

Dec 2, 2010
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

Stopping the spread of deadly assault weapons
Stay informed
In January, Senator Feinstein will introduce a bill to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devises.
To receive updates on this legislation, click here.
Press releases
Summary of 2013 legislation
Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:
  • Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
    • 120 specifically-named firearms
    • Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
    • Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
  • Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
    • Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
    • Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
    • Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
  • Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
  • Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
    • Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
    • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
    • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
  • Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    • Background check of owner and any transferee;
    • Type and serial number of the firearm;
    • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
A pdf of the bill summary is available here.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
Isn't a "pistol grip" considered a "military characteristic"? Wouldn't that forbid just about every handgun on the market?

MagicBob

Dec 2, 2010
Isn't a "pistol grip" considered a "military characteristic"? Wouldn't that forbid just about every handgun on the market?

likely no.

It would be considered one when "added" to a rifle, but not one when it is part of the basic design of the weapon.

dont go full nitpick in this and circle into useless debate... concentrate on the real matters and problems with this proposal.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
It would be considered one when "added" to a rifle, but not one when it is part of the basic design of the weapon.

dont go full nitpick in this and circle into useless debate... concentrate on the real matters and problems with this proposal.
What does that even mean? AR-15's and AK-47's were designed with pistol grips and they are forbidden under previous AWB's. I can't think of any weapon where they are "added" in any meaningful way.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
likely no.

Sorry, but if it can be read to ban most handguns, I guarantee that it WILL be read that way.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Sorry, but if it can be read to ban most handguns, I guarantee that it WILL be read that way.
Absolutely. Bureacrats always default to the most they can possibly get away with, and it usually takes years for SCOTUS to take them down a notch.

MagicBob

Dec 2, 2010
Well then... nitpick away at useless debate on topics that clearly arent at issue and miss the main point. have fun.

I really dont know why I expected any sort of intelligent discussion on this...

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Well then... nitpick away at useless debate on topics that clearly arent at issue and miss the main point. have fun.

I really dont know why I expected any sort of intelligent discussion on this...
There's nothing to discuss. Piece of shit thugs in Congress and the White House acting exactly as we expected all along.

Hopefully it won't pass. That's all.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Is there anything in Feinstein's law addressing mental health, and/or proper care and security of firearms to keep them out of the hands of those who would want to do harm with them?

And Bob, seriously, who is going to "debate" this piece of dogshit on WB? We are all going to pick it apart like you did to the Christmas turkey last night.

MagicBob

Dec 2, 2010
Hopefully it won't pass. That's all.
thats the main point..

not some pedantic angry typing guy voice "but if you look at it this way it says that bleeeehhhhhh!!!" It doesnt ban ALL pistols. Calmo, calmo. And no I'm not "defending" it. Its a piece or reactionary do nothing shit. But dont go full retard on the speculation.... again... wishing ya'll dont go full retard on something is asking a little much.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Shall not be infringed.

Why does this fucking entitled cunt not understand this

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
thats the main point..

not some pedantic angry typing guy voice "but if you look at it this way it says that bleeeehhhhhh!!!" It doesnt ban ALL pistols. Calmo, calmo. And no I'm not "defending" it. Its a piece or reactionary do nothing shit. But dont go full retard on the speculation.... again... wishing ya'll dont go full retard on something is asking a little much.
The fact that it can ban ANY pistols is the problem. Same goes for rifles. This will do fuck-all to prevent any kind of crime or mass shootings, but it will piss all over our rights in the process.

MagicBob

Dec 2, 2010
The fact that it can ban ANY pistols is the problem. Same goes for rifles. This will do fuck-all to prevent any kind of crime or mass shootings, but it will piss all over our rights in the process.
yes. Thats the point. that is the point of discussion.

not some pedantic angry typing guy voice "but if you look at it this way it says that bleeeehhhhhh!!!"

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Well, gun registration and confiscation worked so well in Armenia, NSDAP Germany, the Soviet Bloc, China and all the other countries that adopted it and saw purges or increases in violent crime.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Dont forget my personal favorite. Pol pot

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Bayonet mounts. Yep that's the sign of an extremely dangerous weapon.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
How ambiguous is that line? I have a Mossberg 590a1, which is essentially their military model of the pump shotgun does that count? It does not have a detachable magazine but it does have a bayonet lug and the other various features that make it more military than the Mossberg 500.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Bayonet mounts. Yep that's the sign of an extremely dangerous weapon.

What makes that super funny is the muskets that gun grabbers want to allow us the privlage of owning have bayonet mounts

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
It goes so far beyond cunt to down right treasonious. The should be removed from office and charged

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
It could go 1 of 2 ways.

They put out this extreme gun ban with no intention of it going through and they will come back with something that still bans guns but its not as extreme. That way people feel like they won something.

Or they could go with it as is.

Republicans like Jack Kingston want gun bans as long as video games and mental health are also put on the table.

Don't dare mention that violent crime is up 17% in Feinstein's gun control paradise of California.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
This will go nowhere. Simple grandstanding feel good liberalism.

It is concerning that the president would gladly sign such a ban, but no way it even gets to his desk.

Does a 1911 have a military characteristic?