Overpriced Hot Water Heaters - Thanks Obama!

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
There are rumors floating around that they will expand gas service into my neighborhood. I hope so.

My house actually has two water heaters. Each one feeds a different area. They were 40-gallon lowboys. I replaced the one with the 80-gallon hybrid because we have a jetted tub that holds 80 gallons. I have no idea how the previous owner used the thing. The other one is newish (5 years) but probably needs a rebuild (new elements and thermostat) when I have time because of the hard water here. I turned it up but it doesn't get as hot as it should. Elements are probably caked with scale. I'm holding off on replacing it because if they do put gas in here, I'll go tankless.

Haeder

South Dakota
There are rumors floating around that they will expand gas service into my neighborhood. I hope so.

My house actually has two water heaters. Each one feeds a different area. They were 40-gallon lowboys. I replaced the one with the 80-gallon hybrid because we have a jetted tub that holds 80 gallons. I have no idea how the previous owner used the thing. The other one is newish (5 years) but probably needs a rebuild (new elements and thermostat) when I have time because of the hard water here. I turned it up but it doesn't get as hot as it should. Elements are probably caked with scale. I'm holding off on replacing it because if they do put gas in here, I'll go tankless.
Lucky.

I have a natural gas line within 100 yards of my house and the gas company will not extend the line - even if I pay to have it done. Our last house had a propane furnace and we swore off propane because of the ridiculous swings in propane prices.

So everything in our house is electric except for the wood burning fireplace.